• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Gigglepoo

Let's be real though, Simmons snatched a lot of great talent at Grantland, and most of those writers moved onto other, generally netter jobs. The farm system was probably dry tbh

Simmons went from staffing Magic and Kareem to Nick Young and Mosgov.

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 1m1 minute ago
DeMar DeRozan has decided to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors, @USATODAYsports has learned. Terms not finalized.

DMczaf

FcJE6zp.png

vpJasjY.png

bretlol.gif

Kevtones

Free agency isn't over yet. Still plenty of time for additional bad decisions to be made. #BelieveInMitch

But it feels like a limbo move. Like instead of tanking, or getting better - Mitch is actively seeking Limbo.

Additional better moves for the Lakers in 2016:
2 years/4 Million - Eddy Curry
2 years/5 Million - Roy Hibbert

shwimpy

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus 1h1 hour ago
With Huertas/Black/Clarkson cap holds - and a $15 mil starting for Mozgov - Lakers have $48.6 mil spending power w/$94 mil cap
Can't wait to see whose grave they dig up next.

Sam Amick Verified account
‏@sam_amick

DeMar DeRozan's deal with Toronto is expected to be for five years, but the Raptors have other moving pieces so his $$ is unclear.

I guess it's not max then?

UND3RxOATH

Neo Member
Sucks to see Baze leave the Rockets meeting without a deal. I was hoping this would be used as an indicator that getting Al would be even more possible. Now we wait for that meeting. :(

Shams CharaniaVerified account
‏@ShamsCharania
Miami left its meeting with center Hassan Whiteside without an agreement, sources tell The Vertical. Dallas next up in New York.

so we've got 2 options

1. #HeGone
2. Riley did the impossible and convinced him to wait.

Sam Amick Verified account
‏@sam_amick

DeMar DeRozan's deal with Toronto is expected to be for five years, but the Raptors have other moving pieces so his $$ is unclear.

I guess it's not max then?

Raptors better pray to god he doesn't lose a step. He's going to be as worthless as Rose when he does.

Shams Charania Verified account
‏@ShamsCharania

DeMar DeRozan has agreed to a five-year, $139 million-plus deal with Toronto, sources tell The Vertical.

Max was 153

Shams Charania Verified account
‏@ShamsCharania

DeMar DeRozan has agreed to a five-year, $139 million-plus deal with Toronto, sources tell The Vertical.

Max was 153

That's a lot of money for a shooting guard who can't shoot, but it's not like Toronto is beating free agents off with a stick so they kinda had to do it.

Kevtones

Again, I like the precedent of DeMar in Toronto. He and Lowry need to establish something. They need their Joe Carter though.

Brinbe

NVM.... $140 MILLION. BREH...

These contracts are gonna be fucking ridiculous, we better get fucking used to it.

I will say that DeMar works his ass off every summer and puts in work to improve his game. He's a good guy, one of the best at a shallow position, and we were in a tough position if we had just let him go for nothing.

We're all in while Lowry's still in his prime. Hope Masai can find us a starting 4 now.

Top Bottom