• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

If the Hawks let Horford walk only to turn around and sign Howard for 24 mil per idk what to even say anymore

If they sign Dwight wouldn't they want to keep Horford and move Millsap?

IMO, signing Dwight and letting Horford would be the best case scenario depending on Dwights contract. Horford and Millsap are essentially the same players. I woul prefer to keep Millsap even tho Horford has given the ATL some great years. I think signing both and then trading Millsap wouldn't be a good thing because I'm not sure if we could get a super great return for Millsap considering he's on his last year with option.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
IMO, signing Dwight and letting Horford would be the best case scenario depending on Dwights contract. Horford and Millsap are essentially the same players. I woul prefer to keep Millsap even tho Horford has given the ATL some great years. I think signing both and then trading Millsap wouldn't be a good thing because I'm not sure if we could get a super great return for Millsap considering he's on his last year with option.

I agree with you. Dwight would be a better fit. People talk about Dwight breaking down, Horford is the same age with a much worse injury history.

Given the stupid contract players much worse than Millsap are getting there must be more than a few teams that would give up legit assets for Millsap.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Given the stupid contract players much worse than Millsap are getting there must be more than a few teams that would give up legit assets for Millsap.

People are locking those players down for long term. I'm not sure how that plays out since these teams would essentially getting Sap for 1 year.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Also I'm gonna laugh so hard listening to Stugotz and Mike Ryan if the Heat somehow don't sign Whiteside or KD. Double LuLz if somehow Wade Jones leaves as well.

kagete

Ugh Jordan Clarkson got hooked in by that Jenner/LA life and gave them the hometown discount. Lakers almost make up for singing Mozgov for that much. Hah

Cornbread78

A Horford/Dwight pairing would actually work, since Dwight would stay in the paint and allow Horford to run the high block and/or pick and roll away from the hoop.

qcf x2

I'm not surprised Whiteside played the Mavs, but I'm surprised he stayed with the Heat. Surprised Batum reupped so quickly, too. Sucks some of the drama out of this supposed crazy FA.

FcJE6zp.png

vpJasjY.png

bretlol.gif
Damn 😨😨😨😨

I personally can't think of any equal value players at the PF position. Millsap is the best two way player at that position. There were some rumblings for a Griffin for Millsap but the Hawks rely a lot on Millsaps defense lol. Only thing I can think of is if they choose to blow it up then we could find value there.

A Horford/Dwight pairing would actually work, since Dwight would stay in the paint and allow Horford to run the high block and/or pick and roll away from the hoop.

I would agree with you about two years ago but Horford lost his touch in the midrange game. He's not AL-tomatic any more at those middies. Millsap > Horford right now, especially considering contracts. Also, Millsap has better injury history.

phanphare

Banned
welp, I knew that lin would probably leave

pretty ok with that though, he was a liability on defense whenever he was on the court with kemba

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wow I can't believe thats all he got considering how terrible the PG class is.

Nets have like zero incentive to tank too, they should just be throwing as much money as possible out this FA.

So from the looks of these center deals, is Mozgov the only one that didn't want max money and is ACTUALLY willing to play for the Lakers?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Good point. Faried, carroll, valanciunas, kanter, robin lopez, the list goes on, these all look perfectly fine deals now.

I'm baffled at how people didn't realize this when these deals were signed.

It's not like everyone kept it a secret that the salary cap was going up and mid level scrubs were about to get paid.

Cornbread78

wow, jeremy lin is coming back to new york!!!
to rot on the worst team in the league :(

I really, REALLY hope this trend continues...

I would agree with you about two years ago but Horford lost his touch in the midrange game. He's not AL-tomatic any more at those middies. Millsap > Horford right now, especially considering contracts. Also, Millsap has better injury history.

Millsap definitely has more upside right now, but I still think Horford is a top of the line scoring big guy for any team right now and could help any roster. His injury history is also much better than Dwight's overall, so I wouldn't be too worried with him on a roster for a few years.

Grats to NetsGAF for the nice Lin contract. I wish we had his backup PG services. Also to the Heattles for getting Whiteside back. Can't understate the value he brings at the C position. Reminds me of Ben Wallace's impact...and he won a ring.

Sorry to LakersGAF. Sorry but that Mozgov deal is a SuperL.

Feels like a slow day for the Cavs. I wonder if the summer will be interesting for us at all. I have to imagine if some team in the East gets a really significant upgrade, the front office won't simply be content bringing as many players from this year's team back as possible.

Too bad Lin didn't stay with the Hornets. I thought that he was in his ideal role there but he's in his prime and this is an opportunity to start.

Holy Shit Mozgof to the Lakers?!?!? LOL

Top Bottom