• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

wAbWEH3.png

mIFs0xN.jpg

LOL if Ainge pays big for Humphries

Humphries was auditioning for the Celts when he dropped those daggers in garbage time.

ViciousDS

Banned
considering the insane fucking deals we all saw.....Lin was a fucking massive steal for only $36 mil.....I mean come on! Mozgov just made double that for doing NOTHING!

considering the insane fucking deals we all saw.....Lin was a fucking massive steal for only $36 mil.....I mean come on! Mozgov just made double that for doing NOTHING!

I agree. Lin could've gotten way more. I guess Lowe is right is saying his relationship Kenny Atkinson was a big reason why he signed to such a bargain. Really good work by the Brooklyn Nets here.

On the flip side, it's not looking good for my Dallas mavs. Guess nobody wants to play for Cuban.

Y'all need to think far ahead.. Mozgod punished dubs for most of the time he was on the floor during the 2015 Finals. He's the missing piece Lakers needed to clear the Warriors obstacle.

Until the dubs went small ball and punished the Cavs for even letting Mozgof set foot on the floor.

I wonder if Danny was caught off guard by how quickly free agency moved this year. There was obviously tampering out the ass with all the deals being agreed to so quickly.

Squalor

Y'all need to think far ahead.. Mozgod punished dubs for most of the time he was on the floor during the 2015 Finals. He's the missing piece Lakers needed to clear the Warriors obstacle.
So that's two or three wins for the season. They only need to find another seventeen.

maybe Lakers wanted to troll the league by signing that huge Mozgov deal? To get all teams to pay huge money for players?
someone get a mic in front of Mitch

Tubobutts

Lol Jarred Jack.. Let the man eat.

Lakers already beat the Warriors last season. With Mozgov they're going to sweep the season series.

Bread

Banned
maybe Lakers wanted to troll the league by signing that huge Mozgov deal? To get all teams to pay huge money for players?
someone get a mic in front of Mitch
"if no one wants to pay homage to this legendary franchise then fuck you all i'm blowing up the market"

that would be the LA thing to do

Furyous

I'm disappointed in people for hating on Lin and Timofey but letting Brad Beal slide. Brad Beal is not worth 120 mill. Timofey was a great pickup for the Cavs in 2015 and gave us quality minutes in 2016. He's not worth 64 mill to the Cavs but the Lakers have to spend money.

I'd love to get on the Jeremy Lin payment program. He made Bron money during the final year of his deal with the Rockets, comes back, and hits up the Nets for the 36 mill. My dream is to be overpaid while everyone hates on me as I cash dem checks every week. Don't worry about me as I hand the haters my deposit slips with my account balance on it as kleenex to wipe away their tears.

Who's the next guy to get overpaid?

spyder_ur

I wonder if Danny was caught off guard by how quickly free agency moved this year. There was obviously tampering out the ass with all the deals being agreed to so quickly.

Clearly that's the case since he didn't offer Mozgov $60M.

None of their rumored targets have really signed, nor have any of their own players.

I'm disappointed in people for hating on Lin and Timofey but letting Brad Beal slide. Brad Beal is not worth 120 mill. Timofey was a great pickup for the Cavs in 2015 and gave us quality minutes in 2016. He's not worth 64 mill to the Cavs but the Lakers have to spend money.

I'd love to get on the Jeremy Lin payment program. He made Bron money during the final year of his deal with the Rockets, comes back, and hits up the Nets for the 36 mill. My dream is to be overpaid while everyone hates on me as I cash dem checks every week. Don't worry about me as I hand the haters my deposit slips with my account balance on it as kleenex to wipe away their tears.

I'm fine when fans are critical of a players contract. It's one of the fun things to talk about when the season is break.. But if you a player and criticize another players contract that's just hypocrisy. Where's the brotherhood at.. Let the dude get his money.

Edit: next guy to get overpaid?
rVd9vq1.gif

He's getting 17mil per year easy fron someone

Edit: Just saw Cavaliers contracts.. They probably have no choice but to trade Love because they ain't getting a bench with $74mil commited to Him, kyrie, TT and Schump..
yep, Lebrons potential contract is not even included in that lol.

Lin sure I can understand but Mozgov, a guy who had knee surgery and knees are always a shit thing for centers, who played like 1-2 minutes max all playoffs aka garbage time
horrible deal

Dre3001

So when will teams learn that tanking hurts your reputation and isn't worth it in the long term?

2014 LAL Expectation: Lebron... Result: Jeremy Lin

2015 LAL Expectation: Lamarcus Aldridge...Result: Lou Williams

2016 LAL Expectation: Kevin Durant...Result: Timofey Mozgov

So when will teams learn that tanking hurts your reputation and isn't worth it in the long term?

2014 LAL Expectation: Lebron... Result: Jeremy Lin

2015 LAL Expectation: Lamarcus Aldridge...Result: Lou Williams

2016 LAL Expectation: Kevin Durant...Result: Timofey Mozgov

Would the Lakers fighting for the 8 seed really have convinced any of those guys?

Sifl

I can already tell the Knicks were gonna sign Noah to that 4 year 70 million contract, then Mozgov got his money so Noah is probably asking for more.

Furyous

Lin sure I can understand but Mozgov, a guy who had knee surgery and knees are always a shit thing for centers, who played like 1-2 minutes max all playoffs aka garbage time
horrible deal

Dog I laughed for 10 minutes when I read that Mozgov contract. It took me a minute to figure out 10 things meaningful things he's done this season. Shout out to his agent for getting that deal done.

There's an NBA rule that states teams have to get within 85 percent of the salary floor. Delly is damn sure getting his 10 mill per from someone. Brandon Jennings with his scrubby gunning ass should get paid whenever his contract is up. There's a guy on your favorite team that's about to get the Hassan treatment and go from barely making the minimum to eating flaming young everyday with his millions. I'm happy, sad, and laughing like shit at the same time at all of this.

spyder_ur

I'm fine when fans are critical of a players contract. It's one of the fun things to talk about when the season is break.. But if you a player and criticize another players contract that's just hypocrisy. Where's the brotherhood at.. Let the dude get his money.

Edit: next guy to get overpaid?
rVd9vq1.gif

He's getting 17mil per year easy fron someone

They might as well pay him since they won't be able to replace him. Lebron ain't about saving Dan Gilbert money.

Kevtones

He had the best statistical stretch of his five-year career in the two months before his season ended, averaging 18.9 points, 5.9 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game while shooting 51.9 percent from the floor and 47.7 percent from 3-point range and proving he could thrive at power forward in addition to small forward.

In regards to Chandler Parsons last year. Like hearing this...

God if Portland could add that type of production.

Top Bottom