• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

I'm pretty sure things like 2 year bans is for performance drugs, not recreational drugs. Why assume crack?

Look at the list of people who got this ban. Roy Tarpley and Chris Washburn weren't on roids. It was brought into the league because of the coke epidemic of the 80's. This is the 'we don't want you OD'ing during the season' list.

More on what may have gotten Mayo

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2016/07/01/oj-mayo-dismissed-nba-anti-drug/86603780/

No further details regarding his dismissal were provided. Per league rules, the NBA, NBA teams and the Players Association aren't allowed to publicly disclose information regarding the Anti-Drug program, other than to announce a player's suspension or league dismissal.

However, the NBA's collective bargaining agreement — which is a public document — lists the following "drugs of abuse" as prohibited substances: amphetamines and its analogs, cocaine, LSD, opiates (heroin, codeine and morphine), and PCP.

According to the CBA's penalties, a player who tests positive for drugs of abuse will be dismissed and disqualified from the league. The length of the dismissal and disqualification (two years) is mandatory, and "may not be rescinded or reduced by the player’s team or NBA.”

hopefully not too good, hes already got like 8 baby mamas
Imagine being his agent..

"uhh dwight i know this Hawks offer is good.. But the way Georgias child support laws is set up..."
francis.png

mjlol.png

jbug617

Banned
C's going to offer Horford a max deal regardless of what happens with KD
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...t_in_al_horford_not_dependent_on_kevin_durant

The Celtics will be flying out to meet with Al Horford tonight, and a league source fully expects that Danny Ainge will be bearing a maximum contract offer.

But even if the C’s fail on Durant, they see Horford as an important piece in how they want to play. He has good size, and his ability to step outside and shoot works very well in Brad Stevens’ desired method of attack. (Having players who can space the floor means defenders have to stay closer, thus opening the middle for the type of actions the coach likes to run.)

shwimpy

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 1m1 minute ago
Free agent Chandler Parsons is nearing agreement on a four-year, $94M max deal with the Memphis Grizzlies, league sources tell @TheVertical.
wut.

Gigglepoo

The Grizz? I don't get why anyone would sign there. Seems like they're only going to get worse.

Portland going from Parsons to Turner is brutal.

Two Words

Yeah Conley is definitely staying with Memphis now if the money works out. Dallas are the ultimate free agent losers. I wonder if Mark Cuban will ever figure this out. Free agents don't care about Dallas.

JABEE

Evan Turner just agreed on a contract making $18.75m per year. Holy shit.

The NBA's salary structure is fucked.

Evan Turner just agreed on a contract making $18.75m per year. Holy shit.

The NBA's salary structure is fucked.

I still remember the days when this dude along with Roy goddamn hibbert was giving me NEGATIVE fantasy points in some games.. Wow. Now he's making bank.

He will make $2mil more than Kyrie next season. $6 mil more than Curry.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
That "dumpster fire" was a good team that got hit with the injury bug late in the season.

Still a dumpster fire... and it's it's gonna be worse I feel. Gasol is past prime imho, and Zach is an old man.

The Evan Turner to Blazers makes zero sense.. wtf?

RBH

The NBA and the Charlotte Hornets issued a joint statement Thursday expressing doubt that possible changes to a North Carolina law that limits protections for LGBT people would go far enough and saying they "do not endorse" the current version of the bill.

"We have been engaged in dialogue with numerous groups at the city and state levels, but we do not endorse the version of the bill that we understand is currently before the legislature," the league and the Hornets said in the joint statement.

Pressure to change the law, known as House Bill 2, has come from several quarters, including NBA commissioner Adam Silver, who said earlier this month that there needed to be progress on changing the law this summer to ensure that the league keeps its 2017 All-Star Game in Charlotte.

Republican lawmakers on Thursday were mapping out the end of the session and weighing possible adjustments to House Bill 2, but there was no appetite to change the provision requiring transgender people to use restrooms corresponding to the sex on their birth certificates in schools, universities and many other public buildings.

The law also excludes sexual orientation and gender identity from statewide anti-discrimination protections.

"We remain committed to our guiding principles of inclusion, mutual respect and equal protections for all," the statement said. "We continue to believe that constructive engagement with all sides is the right path forward."

The league and the Hornets said "no new decision" has been made regarding the 2017 All-Star Game.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ges-house-bill-2-north-carolina-go-far-enough

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm honestly surprised Fournier didn't wait out for someone to give him a max. Lots of teams still have money, someone would have given it to him because they knew Orlando was going to match. But I guess thats why no one bothered to not tie up their money for a few days shrug

Two Words

Guys, player salaries have been going up. Stop comparing these numbers to previous numbers. If you go back 30 years, NBA players made way way way less than the players made in 15-16.

Tom Penny

" Evan Turner wants about 18 million a year "

Ainge " not sure I can look Bradley, Crowder and IT in the eye and tell them Turner makes almost as much as them combined "

spyder_ur

Guys, player salaries have been going up. Stop comparing these numbers to precious numbers. If you go back 30 years, NBA players made way way way less than the players made in 15-16.

As a group, player salaries have never escalated like this in one offseason. It's just a fact of the CBA, this offseason is definitely unique.

BadAss2961

Guys, player salaries have been going up. Stop comparing these numbers to precious numbers. If you go back 30 years, NBA players made way way way less than the players made in 15-16.
That still doesn't make sense of some of these moves. I'd think twice about just adding Evan Turner to my team, forget paying him.

Top Bottom