• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
The upside though...
iPWejZX.png

spyder_ur

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

This one actually doesn't surprised me that much - the money or the team. I even kind of called how ridiculous that tier of FA was gonna get paid. Even named him here.

My conclusion is that this summer is going to be absolutely crazy. Not speaking about the max or near max guys - but when this podcast breaks it down, it's clear that the third tier guys are going to rake it in after a day or two of free agency. I'm not sure people realize how much guys like Tyler Johnson, Seth Curry, Solomon Hill, Langston Galloway, Tim Frazier, Ian Mahinmi, etc. are going to fetch.

We'll laugh about the contracts here but we really are in a new reality.
[/URL]

Tom Penny

I'm kind of interested in the offers Ainge will have to match for Fatty and Zeller. Amir Johnson about to get 15+ if he is not retained. Jerebko is a 10+ guy now easy lol

Kwhit10

If Solomon Hill got more playing time in Indiana that contract wouldn't be so surprising. He's an average player and 12-13 million is now pretty much the average salary now with the new cap. Next year 12 million will be just over 10% a teams cap space.

qcf x2

Solomon Hill's contract is more than I expected, but not grossly so given his playoff contributions. He's a player every team would love to have. Scrappy, can guard 1 through 4, gets his teammates involved on offense (willing passer), good athleticism, decent rebounder.

Speaking of my Pacers though, Bird is looking really smart right now. $10 mil/yr for Al Jefferson looks like a great deal on paper. Considering he got Teague for an undersized 2 guard & he got Thad Young for draft pick #20, I'd say we have had the best offseason so far.

If we can trade Stuck for anything I'll be ecstatic.

Jarate

Banned
Nah, that will never be.

Mozgov deal is still the worst deal so far. Evan Turner, Beal and this contract are pretrty terrible, buit at least Turner contributed last year, Beal is a great player when healthy, and Hill is a 25 year old that at least had a decent rise in production in each of the last few seasons

Mozgov is the second worst Center in the league.

so no.

They're both terrible deals but Mozgov was very valuable for Cleveland two years ago while Hill couldn't even get on the court for the Pacers. I get that he has the potential to be better but its not like he was on the Warriors and couldn't get any time.

l2175BB.png

I guess LeGM isn't planning on matching that deal for Delly.

good. fuck that nonsense.

They're both terrible deals but Mozgov was very valuable for Cleveland two years ago while Hill couldn't even get on the court for the Pacers. I get that he has the potential to be better but its not like he was on the Warriors and couldn't get any time.

He was. His acquisition kept our team from imploding from the pressure and losses.

They're both terrible but Mozgov was very valuable for Cleveland two years ago while Hill couldn't even get on the court for the Pacers. I get that he has the potential to be better but its not like he was on the Warriors and couldn't get any time.

two years ago, Mozgov was a starter, now he's washed after two knee surgeries.

2 years ago, the Thunder had a big three, now Ibaka is regressing and traded to the Magic.

times change breh.

Gigglepoo

Speaking of my Pacers though, Bird is looking really smart right now. $10 mil/yr for Al Jefferson looks like a great deal on paper. Considering he got Teague for an undersized 2 guard & he got Thad Young for draft pick #20, I'd say we have had the best offseason so far.

I'm going to miss George Hill. He's going to be great in Utah. Otherwise, I do agree. Our starters are legit (Teague, Ellis, PG13, Young, and Turner) and our bench is good enough. Now let's see how Nate McMillion handles the team.

Now we know how the Grizz sealed the deal:

Totally understandable now. I had no idea JT was a part owner of the Grizz.

lol damn, LeGM keeping it classy. Writing was on the wall as soon as they landed Felder in the draft though. He will be SO MUCH better than Dellavedova.

yea I completely forgot about that draft pick. yea delly had no future in CLE. If I had to choose between him and Mo, I'd take Mo every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Mo can groom this new youngin and that'll be that.

I'm going to miss George Hill. He's going to be great in Utah. Otherwise, I do agree. Our starters are legit (Teague, Ellis, PG13, Young, and Turner) and our bench is good enough. Now let's see how Nate McMillion handles the team.

damn that starting 5 is legit.

Knicks signed Noah lol

god bless.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
lol damn, LeGM keeping it classy. Writing was on the wall as soon as they landed Felder in the draft though. He will be SO MUCH better than Dellavedova.

... the guy hasnt played a minute in the NBA. He's also about 7 inches shorter than Delly (really its probably closer to like 9, Felder is a midget). Delly was a really good player - hes a perfect fit for Milwaukee.

Top Bottom