• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

So we're going to have put up with a full season of folks acting like the Cavs are an unbeatable team now?

I thought last year was bad enough with folks doing that for the Warriors. Shrug.

Personally I thought the Raptors should have got James Johnson to straight up goon LeBron and break his shoulder or something.

only way they would've won.

qcf x2

... the guy hasnt played a minute in the NBA. He's also about 7 inches shorter than Delly (really its probably closer to like 9, Felder is a midget). Delly was a really good player - hes a perfect fit for Milwaukee.

Doesn't matter if he's played a minute or 10 yrs, he's gonna be a better player. They still have Mo Williams, no need to have 4 point guards when the offense doesn't even run thru the position to begin with. Congrats to Dellavedova for getting paid, but Lebron summed it up nicely... basically, thanks for the contribution, laterz.

That's nice, they still won't beat LeBron.

Probably right, but they did drop two games to the Raptors. Pacers starting 5 > Toronto starting 5.

Doesn't matter if he's played a minute or 10 yrs, he's gonna be a better player. They still have Mo Williams, no need to have 4 point guards when the offense doesn't even run thru the position to begin with. Congrats to Dellavedova for getting paid, but Lebron summed it up nicely... basically, thanks for the contribution, laterz.

Probably right, but they did drop two games to the Raptors. Pacers starting 5 > Toronto starting 5.

I'll take an avy bet if you are willing to back it up pal.

If the Raptors meet the Pacers again in the playoffs next year, and win: you wear an avatar for a month of my choosing.. vice-versa if the other one happens.

Jarate

Banned
NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE POWER RANKINGS

1. THE CLEVELAND LEBRONS
. POWER GAP
2. Toronto Raptors
3. Miami Heat
4. Indiana Pacers
5. Detroit Pistons
6. Boston Celtics
7. Charlotte Hornets
8. Hawks? Once they lose all their players in FA though, it's Milwaukee Bucks

was it jarate saying that delly was getting $15m+?

I thought he could get more, but tbf, mozgov got 16 mil per year and Solomon Hill got 11 mil per year, and both are way worse players then Delly. Delly picked a great team though with the Bucks since Delly wont handle the ball, but I will eat the crow, lob your insults at me

I still can't see Dirk actually leaving but he really should. Cuban has done a lousy job getting talent around him for most of his career, the last couple offseasons being total busts.

There was an article on one of the Mavs boards about how the only time Dirk was playing with another all star teammate (who was selected to be an all star while on the mavs) was Stackhouse and Nash ;_;

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There was an article on one of the Mavs boards about how the only time Dirk was playing with another all star teammate (who was selected to be an all star while on the mavs) was Stackhouse and Nash ;_;

Cuban letting Chandler walk after they won the title... was something. Dirk should have bailed after that but his loyalty is insane.

Bread

Banned
I thought he could get more, but tbf, mozgov got 16 mil per year and Solomon Hill got 11 mil per year, and both are way worse players then Delly. Delly picked a great team though with the Bucks since Delly wont handle the ball, but I will eat the crow, lob your insults at me
ha ha ha you speculated wrong i am the champion!

Jarate

Banned

I though Finley and Van Excel would be all stars at some point?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rockets meeting with Ryan Anderson. Man this needs to happen. So glad Pringles is back in the league, Rockets will be entertaining if nothing else. Probably nothing else.

Gigglepoo

That's nice, they still won't beat LeBron.

Dude, we're talking about the Pacers. They're from Indiana. They don't have championship aspirations. I love this organization because we compete every year, almost always make the playoffs, and get to the ECF more than any other team in the East (outside of Miami). So, yeah, we're not winning the championship, but it will be an entertaining season where they win 50 games and challenge in the playoffs. As a Pacers fan, that's all I can ask for.

Jarate

Banned
My bad, Finley actually was with Dirk. Finley was an all star in 2000 and 2001. Exel though was an all star during the Lakers before he was traded to Dallas.

Kind of surprising that that team never won a chip, but then I remember the Lakers existed during that time

I was always a big fan of their team though during that time period. Finley, Dirk, and Exel File were all very fun to watch.

1. THE CLEVELAND LEBRONS
. POWER GAP
2. Toronto Raptors
3. Miami Heat
4. Indiana Pacers
5. Detroit Pistons
6. Boston Celtics
7. Charlotte Hornets

Backup PGs are going to get less than backup bigs and swingmen. Just the nature of demand.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Backup PGs are going to get less than backup bigs and swingmen. Just the nature of demand.

Teams are still paying FAs like its the old NBA way more than it actually is. Its weird seeing bench bigs who are total stiffs getting paid big money.

But I guess it also just has a lot to do with this FA pool. Incredibly thin at guard in general.

Jarate

Banned

I think Delly will start for the Bucks with Giannis doing the ballhandling duties since they dont really have a good player to pair with him at the guard spot. MCW can't shoot, but should be a good player on the second unit (kind of like ET but with better defense, but worse offense)

Im hoping the Sixers get Jamal Crawford too this offseason. He'd be a great fit alongside simmons, really good off the ball shooter. I also fully expect us to max Barnes and get him, because I don't see the Warriors matching unless they are really desperate for him.

Okafor/Noel/Embiid
Simmons/Saric/Holmes
Barnes/Covington/Grant
Crawford/Luwawu/Stauskas
Bayless/McConnel

This team could easily win 30 games imo. Even if we lose out on Barnes and Crawford, our lineup could possibly hit 30 wins this year if Okafor gets any better and Simmons plays well as a rookie.

How did the Mavs lose out on Whiteside? Thought they were close to getting him.

If you were a FA what would make you want to go play for the Mavs? They have no chance at a title. Cuban needs to call up Hinkie imo

Teams that should go full Hinkie:

Mavericks, Nets, Knicks, Bulls, and Kings

Jarate

Banned
VHZiKQJ.png

I think Delly will start for the Bucks with Giannis doing the ballhandling duties since they dont really have a good player to pair with him at the guard spot. MCW can't shoot, but should be a good player on the second unit (kind of like ET but with better defense, but worse offense)

PG position is pretty deep around the league though so for a lot of teams he'd be a backup/rotation guard. Same with Lin. This is what determines his market. The Bucks aren't going to pay him more than they have to.

Furyous

Conley is getting the max from Memphis.

27 MILLION A YEAR MY DUDE... 27 GOTDAMN MILLION A YEAR...

*hugs a fox cub*

Lebron is going to demand 40 per. The Thunder need all $251.7 million to pay KD next offseason if he signs a one year deal with them. I've been meh on all the news but this deserves some reflection. This is MLB money we're talking about here.

Cheebo

Banned

1. THE CLEVELAND LEBRONS
. POWER GAP
2. Toronto Raptors
3. Miami Heat
4. Indiana Pacers
5. Detroit Pistons
6. Boston Celtics
7. Charlotte Hornets

I mostly agree with yours, I'd say:

1. Cleveland
2. Toronto
3. Indiana
4. Miami
5. Detroit
6. Boston
7. Bucks (assuming Atlanta continues to lose everyone)
8. Charlotte

spyder_ur

Isaiah is part of the group going to Atlanta to meet with Horford tonight.

Yes and CelticsBlog reporting they will be offering the full 4 year max. Based on what's happened so far I think they have a real shot. The idea of Sullys minutes going to Horford makes me very...excited. I'm in regardless of what happens with Durant.

Two Words

How did the Mavs lose out on Whiteside? Thought they were close to getting him.

He never really cared to go to Dallas as long as Miami was gonna give him his money. Dallas was simply there as leverage. Real leverage too, no doubt. If the Heat passed on paying Whiteside, he was gonna go to Dallas.

Yes and CelticsBlog reporting they will be offering the full 4 year max. Based on what's happened so far I think they have a real shot. The idea of Sullys minutes going to Horford makes me very...excited.

I've completely sold myself on this idea. He's a clear upgrade over anything we have and we'll still have max cap room next year.

It looks like Darrell Arthur and Dwight Howard got the same contract. I do not know what to make of this.

Edit:

Whoops, I got the numbers mixed up. Darrell is making $23M total.

Top Bottom