• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

B.O.O.M

Yeah, honestly it seems like Portland is signing him to do the exact opposite of what he should be doing. It's as if they didn't watch anything he did in Boston and signed him to that ridiculous contract anyways.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Evan Turner is essentially a good (not great) defender, good mid range shooter and a ball handler right? Because that sounds good to me as far as Blazer needs go. Both CJ and Lillard play great off ball and we needed another ball handler to take some pressure off of them. I think this makes sense and given the injury concerns for Parsons, I like this way more.

Also it seems Blazers are trying to get Pau Gasol. Probably to add some more vet experience given how young the team is

Jarate

Banned
Correct me if I'm wrong, Evan Turner is essentially a good (not great) defender, good mid range shooter and a ball handler right? Because that sounds good to me as far as Blazer needs go. Both CJ and Lillard play great off ball and we needed another ball handler to take some pressure off of them. I think this makes sense and given the injury concerns for Parsons, I like this way more.

Also it seems Blazers are trying to get Pau Gasol. Probably to add some more vet experience given how young the team is

Evan Turner is the type of players who's practically useless unless he has the ball in his hands on offense.

He's a good backup player who can go against other flawed players, but against starters he has always struggled.

You guys overpaid for him big time

B.O.O.M

Evan Turner is the type of players who's practically useless unless he has the ball in his hands on offense.

He's a good backup player who can go against other flawed players, but against starters he has always struggled.

You guys overpaid for him big time

Time will tell. But I don't think him having the ball will be an issue..in fact it will be preferred. Let's see how he mesh with the rest.

And given the numbers coming out now...I don't think 'overpay' even applies anymore to anyone really. Everyone is getting overpaid lol

TheFatOne

WqKUOfU.png

Come to Boston Al.

Fucking sweet. Celtics need to lock down Horford.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
1 year 15 million for jeff green???? kill me

orlando going hard after okc rejects. thanks henny? dont think kd is gonna pick up the phone because you got jeff green

spyder_ur

That is potentially very good news for the Celtics. Not as bad as I was expecting for Dwight, either.

Jeff Green signed a 1-year, $15M deal with Orlando. That seems weird to me.

Jarate

Banned
That is potentially very good news for the Celtics. Not as bad as I was expecting for Dwight, either.

Jeff Green signed a 1-year, $15M deal with Orlando. That seems weird to me.

Any news regarding not getting Dwight should be good news.

Celtics just waiting on KD and Horford right now right? How much money do they have, do they have enough to afford both contracts?

Cornbread78

My guess is that Horford already told ATL that he planned on moving on for a 5 year deal, so ATL had to put Howard on lockdown. Not a bad pairing with Millsap at all. I'm hoping that other team is the celts. That woukd definately help in courting KD, but I still think Bos should work with Philly to pull Noel and gat a more traditional big to pair up with Horford and it would work with or without KD signing.

Celtics just waiting on KD and Horford right now right? How much money do they have, do they have enough to afford both contracts?

They can max both guys easily.

jbug617

Banned

Yeah they have enough to give both the Max. That was probably a big part of why C's got the meeting. It wouldn't be Durant by himself.

spyder_ur

I believe they have enough for two max deals if they renounce Amir and Jerebko - they have until July 7 I think to do that.

I'm still not letting myself get too excited about Durant, but I think Horford is worth it either way.

TheFatOne

I believe they have enough for two max deals if they renounce Amir and Jerebko - they have until July 7 I think to do that.

I'm still not letting myself get too excited about Durant, but I think Horford is worth it either way.

Got to believe. I just believe Celtics have Durant on lockdown until it's proven otherwise.

alejob

Holy cow at the money being thrown around. I should've been a ball player.

Mathew Dellavadova $10M a year? Conley $30M? $17.5 M for Evan Turner. WTH!

Apparently Dion Waiters is locking in on the Kings right now

The Kings continue to be the Kings

Waiters was surprising in the Playoffs.

If I the kangz GM I wouldn't mind signing him for a reasonable price.

but I would've had to pick Billy D too. no way waiters has brain without him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dion Waiters is the new Jeff Green. Dude is somehow going to make like 100 million in his career and swindle over half a dozen teams in the process.

"Jeff Green of all niggas just got paid $15m a year, any comments OJ?"

lockerroommilbos150207mayomp4-3513117-4.576x324.jpg

"Mike Conley, who has never won anything or been on any All-Star/All-NBA team ever, just go the biggest contract of all time. Thoughts OJ?"

"Dion Waiters is apparently a thing the Kings are actually looking to buy. How does that make you feel, Mr. Mayo?"

Gigglepoo

Why would someone pay Howard that much money? Am I missing something or do they think he'll behave better with a new team?

I think Dwight being a malcontent is overblown. He definitely hated LA but he tried hard in Houston, especially in the playoffs. Dude could be an asset in the right situation.

I'm still happy he's not in Indy, though.

Top Bottom