• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
If we do take Oak (we most likely will) I hope we at least draft a decent 3&D sf. We are lacking as fuck in that area.

Mitch needs to get over his "too many rooks" bullshit too. We need talent more than ever with Kobe leaving.

#2 Okafor
#27 Justin Anderson
#33 Upshaw (fuck it. Let's see what happens. If we can deal with Artest and LO's nonsense and still win, we can probably deal with this fucker)

Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 6m6 minutes ago
ESPN follows up Sun Sentinel reports of Heat potentially easing tax burden with trades of Mario Chalmers and/or Chris Andersen.

Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 2m2 minutes ago
As Sun Sentinel has reported, trade of Chalmers, Birdman would mean no Heat tax increase if Wade is moved up to maximum for '15-16.

https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/613041487648030724

Smart move by the Heat. Get rid of Wario.

Furyous

Good luck. He wants to get paiddddddd

We talking Jeremy Lin paid (dat poison pill) or the Dirk modest extension? Wait, we're not talking Demarre Carroll max are we? Ol' I-had-a-few-good-seasons-now-give-me-max money ass dude.

If we do take Oak (we most likely will) I hope we at least draft a decent 3&D sf. We are lacking as fuck in that area.

Mitch needs to get over his "too many rooks" bullshit too. We need talent more than ever with Kobe leaving.

#2 Russell
#27 Justin Anderson
#33 Upshaw (fuck it. Let's see what happens. If we can deal with Artest and LO's nonsense and still win, we can probably deal with this fucker)

I fixed it for you. Swap out Thibs for Scott or at least bring him on as an assistant.

--

Cheddahz is that Troy Average in your avatar on some weirdo shit?

#2 Okafor
#27 Justin Anderson

Anybody who is too much of a headcase for even Fresno St (who has had murderers, point shavers, and meth addicts come through their program) gets a major red flag from me. I would touch Upshaw with a 10 foot pole.

Agreed on the second 1st rounder. I've been hearing some smaller pgs be linked to the lakers with that pick but I really hope they just grab the best available athlete. A guy that can project as a 2/3.

Why is this smart? We're moving him to avoid the tax, I'm not one to spend others' money, but its more of a cost-saving move than a smart move.

Dude was lost all season from the Heat games I watched. Clearly, didn't know his role on the team. Heck he even admitted it.The Dragic acquisition clearly ticked him off he tried to play like he was the starting PG and flopped big time. If Dragic is your future, then you get rid of Chalmers for his ego problems.

Knicks just trying to bait teams interested to move up.

And Bam

The Suns had talks with the Knicks about dealing the fourth pick for point guard Eric Bledsoe and the No. 13 pick, but Phoenix has not been limited to the Knicks in that regard.

The Suns have been dangling Bledsoe in trade offers this offseason and are likely to continue to do so after the draft if Bledsoe is not moved this week, sources confirmed.

Sandfox

At most I would want Thibs as part of the coaching staff, but nothing higher up.

Alright, Laker nation.

Best get up to speed on his draft profile. http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2015/insider/story/_/id/13129007/nba-draft-jahlil-okafor-makes-case-no-1

Snippet on Okafor slipping behind Towns and Russell in many GMs' eyes:

Just like what happened with MJ lol. Also, drafting Okafor doesn't mean you have to play in an old school style rather than what we're seeing today.

Knicks just trying to bait teams interested to move up.

And Bam

The Suns have been dangling Bledsoe in trade offers this offseason and are likely to continue to do so after the draft if Bledsoe is not moved this week, sources confirmed.

Oh hell yes. Bledsoe and the 13th for the 4th- do it Phil.

Oh hell yes. Bledsoe and the 13th for the 4th- do it Phil.

Truly would be a steal for the Knicks. PHX management is such a joke. Losing Dragic, Bledsoe and Thomas are you serious? Welcome to the tank in the West: Suns.

Feel bad for Jeff Hornacek shouldn't have declined meeting with Iowa State, his job will be on the line next season.

Bowser

I would trade Kemba and the 9th pick to Phoenix for Bledsoe and 13. Dunno if the Suns would take that offer though.

jbug617

Banned
Lakers making a run at Cousins.
@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources: Lakers are actively trying to construct trade scenarios to acquire Kings' DeMarcus Cousins. Link: http://t.co/8OWer1cRfw

Lakers, Kings and Orlando Magic have had exploratory dialogue on a three-way Cousins trade that would land the 24-year-old in Los Angeles. All three teams hold top-six picks in Thursday's NBA draft, and Orlando has a young top-flight center of its own in Nikola Vucevic, who could theoretically fill the Cousins void.

Yet since assuming control of the Kings' front office in April, Divac repeatedly has downplayed the idea of parting with Cousins, who has three seasons left on an extension he signed during the summer of 2013.

The Lakers would appear to have limited assets to get into the trade sweepstakes for Cousins -- in the event Sacramento's stance changes -- beyond surrendering prized young big man Julius Randle and/or the No. 2 overall pick in Thursday's draft.

Orlando holds the fifth pick in the draft but would presumably expect a lot to be willing to part with Vucevic, who signed an extension of his own last October and has become the most consistently productive player from the four-team blockbuster trade in August 2012 that sent Dwight Howard from the Magic to the Lakers.

Celtics and Nuggets are also suitors for Cousins

charsace

If we traded down and got more picks and took this guys I would not be mad. He has the skill and size to be effective offensively at pf. Taking him at #4 would be dumb though. The Knicks will take Russell who will be on the board because the Lakers will go big and Philly will too.

At most I would want Thibs as part of the coaching staff, but nothing higher up.

Just like what happened with MJ lol. Also, drafting Okafor doesn't mean you have to play in an old school style rather than what we're seeing today.

Okafor would be most effective in a slow offense. He isn't a great athlete like Towns who is made for run and gun. Another thing with Okafor is the way he moves when he isn't working in the post. There is something about is running stride that I don't like.

I am scared of trading for Bledsoe. Guy has had a lot of injuries and is a small combo, not really a PG. And the Suns also seem to like Knight more than him as a pg when Knight is also a Combo. Would much rather hold and take Russell or Mudiay.

If we traded down and got more picks and took this guys I would not be mad. He has the skill and size to be effective offensively at pf. Taking him at #4 would be dumb though. The Knicks will take Russell who will be on the board because the Lakers will go big and Philly will too.

Why would Philly go big? Towns and and Okafor will be gone by then and it's not like they even need another big man, Philly practically has to take Russell.

Why would Philly go big? Towns and and Okafor will be gone by then and it's not like they even need another big man, Philly practically has to take Russell.

They reportedly have an interest in Prizingas and are so far away from contention that they are just collecting assets and not necessarily drafting for need. Embiid is far from a sure thing.

Still in talks but initially sounds like Kings get 5 pick, Vucevic, & other picks, Magic get 2nd pick & take Okafor, Lakers get Cousins & 6.

Oh fuck this. Lakers get a top 10 pick and Cousins? Veto this shit now Silver.

I am hyped as hell for this draft.

No way that happens. That 6 has to be going to Sac too. They are the ones giving up an all star 24 year old center...but if it is true give me Justise Winslow pls. Sleeper Agent Vlade Divac delivers!

Embiid missed one year and looks like he might miss the next.

They reportedly have an interest in Prizingas and are so far away from contention that they are just collecting assets and not necessarily drafting for need. Embiid is far from a sure thing.

I agree that Embiid may end up being a complete bust but passing on Russell for Porzingis seems crazy even for the Sixers. At the very least if they really want him I could see them trading down with someone and picking him up at 5 or 6.

That looks like a very fake trade. Do you really think the Lakers are going to get Cousins and the number 6 pick for 2 and some other trash? Why would the Kings do that trade? They'd move up one spot and give up Cousins for Vucevic.

Bowser

No way that happens. That 6 has to be going to Sac too. They are the ones giving up an all star 24 year old center...but if it is true give me Justise Winslow pls

Sac already owns 6 lol...so they should be keeping their pick.

But yeah, no way Sac should be giving up a pick since they're giving up the best player in the deal.

If Towns is off the table the 2 straight up for Cousins is a no brainer. You get a guy who is as good as you hope Okafor will be, and he's only 24. You lose a little in cap flexibility since DMC isn't on a rookie deal but you have to take that

Fjordson

May not happen, but I hope it does. Cousins in Sacramento is so boring. And he's got many years ahead of him as one of the best centers in the league.

If Towns is off the table the 2 straight up for Cousins is a no brainer. You get a guy who is as good as you hope Okafor will be, and he's only 24. You lose a little in cap flexibility since DMC isn't on a rookie deal but you have to take that

Of course the Lakers would do that but why would the Kings? You people are as bad as me with my stupid fake trades for Love.

Lol, you were so right about Divac being a double agent, can't believe how much one ex-player could potentially impact the Lakers franchise to this extent.

That's sort of what I mean. I don't think it will happen because if that were on the table it'd be done yesterday.

Yup, I think if the Lakers trade for Cousins the deal probably starts with Randle and the pick. You don't get a player as good and as young as Cousins with time left on his contract for just the pick.

Tom Penny

Orlando is in a trade that doesn't involve getting Cousins back to replace Vuvecic lol lol lol I'm sure they are lining up to help facilitate a trade to get ride of a 19/10 guy to draft a guy that might become a 19/10 guy. Shit isn't happening.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Yooo if we have to give up the #2 and Randell and get Cousins and a top 10 pick, pull the God damn trigger, Mitch.

Clarkson
Kobe
Justise
Black
Cousins

Shiiiiit I'll ride and die with that shit for a season, easily. No way Durant doesn't come here looking at that line up. Side Justise to the 2 to replace Kobe and boom, title contenders.

Yooo if we have to give up the #2 and Randell and get Cousins and a top 10 pick, pull the God damn trigger, Mitch.

Clarkson
Kobe
Justise
Black
Cousins

Shiiiiit I'll ride and die with that shit for a season, easily. No way Durant doesn't come here looking at that line up.

To be honest it would probably take Randle, Clarkson AND the number 2 to get DMC and the 6. And even that's not a given. DMC is a huge, huge asset. He's also under contract for 3 more years so it's not like the Kings have to give him away. This isn't a Dwight or Melo situation.

Tom Penny

Clarkson
Kobe
Justise
Black
Cousins

Shiiiiit I'll ride and die with that shit for a season, easily. No way Durant doesn't come here looking at that line up. Side Justise to the 2 to replace Kobe and boom, title contenders.

and get a top 10 pick back lol lol lol

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
To be honest it would probably take Randle, Clarkson AND the number 2 to get DMC and the 6. And even that's not a given. DMC is a huge, huge asset. He's also under contract for 3 more years so it's not like the Kings have to give him away. This isn't a Dwight or Melo situation.
How about #2,#27,#33, and Randale. That's a ton of talent you get back for a player who wants out.

God damn it I hate when shit like this happens. Giving me hope for some shit that most likely will never go down. It also doesn't help that we have one of the best GM's ever who has pulled gold out his ass on several occasions. Fuck.

How about #2,#27,#33, and Randale. That's a ton of talent you get back for a player who wants out.

God damn it I hate when shit like this happens. Giving me hope for some shit that most likely will never go down. It also doesn't help that we have one of the best GM's ever who has pulled gold out his ass on several occasions. Fuck.

The 27 doesn't have a ton of value. It's basically a crap shoot pick but with a guaranteed contract.

Hell if you're the Magic you could just package Vukacic with your draft pick and maybe even though in Aaron Gordon, trump the Lakers offer and just keep DMC for themselves. This isn't a situation like Melo or Dwigjt where you have to trade them to a specific place. Plenty of teams would roll the dice on three more years of team control of a 24 year old all star center

I would love to have him but realistically the Lakers just don't have the assets.

Marc Stein really putting some headlines out there. From his initial piece of Lebron-Blatt piece to the Lakers interest in Cousins. Divac says he ain't trading Cousins, but we shall see. Cousins has to feel fed up with the Kings management heck I am with all these random bullshit they have been doing. Always 1 step forward 2 steps back.

Marc Stein really putting some headlines out there. From his initial piece of Lebron-Blatt piece to the Lakers interest in Cousins. Divac says he ain't trading Cousins, but we shall see. Cousins has to feel fed up with the Kings management heck I am with all these random bullshit they have been doing. Always 1 step forward 2 steps back.

Don't forget the Wolves making Anthony Bennett available! GMs start your bidding!!

jbug617

Banned
Latest from Chris Mannix:
@ChrisMannixSI: Teams that could realistically trade out of the top-ten on Thursday: New York, Sacramento, Charlotte. Lot of chatter amongst execs right now

@ChrisMannixSI: Boston has discussed a trade with at least one top-ten team. Described by a rival exec as "aggressive, one of the few teams thinking big."

@ChrisMannixSI: Told Frank Kaminsky had a solid workout in Sacramento today. Kings intrigued by how Kaminsky would complement DeMarcus Cousins.

@ChrisMannixSI: OKC has shopped Perry Jones, Jeremy Lamb and Steve Novak the last few days, per league sources. Financially motivated, but looking for pick.

@ChrisMannixSI: Sacramento continues to explore several deals. Talks with the Lakers for DMC are real, sources say, but ownership determined to keep him.

@ChrisMannixSI: Keep an eye on Sacramento/Denver. Kings coach George Karl loved Ty Lawson in his Nuggets days. Kings could make a run at him.

Top Bottom