• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Tom Penny

I just want the Celtics to get Denvers pick. That will pretty much land them either Winslow, Stanley Johnson, the Euro small forward or Trill Stein.

Ryan Russilo said:
Not sure who that player is that gets you excited in a trade. DeRozan? He's available. Maybe they have enough to get to #7.

DeRozan is available? I am fine with that. Lakers you have your next Kobe right there, give us 2. Lol

Masai going to rob a team like he did when he traded Melo.

Soonri

WOJ BOMB

Yahoo Sources: Sacramento Kings coach George Karl pushing to trade All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins. http://t.co/wUoSkiDdUr

lmao

Sacramento is motivated to find a way to create more salary-cap space with possible deals, something that the Kings will need to pursue Dallas Mavericks free-agent point guard Rajon Rondo, league sources said. The Kings and Rondo have a mutual interest, with Rondo intrigued with the idea of a potential one-year deal in Sacramento that could help to rebuild his league-wide value, sources said.
!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go Cubes, sign and trade time. This is the time to nab Ben McLemore so Vivek can finally have his boy Stauskas on the floor.

WOJ BOMB

Yahoo Sources: Sacramento Kings coach George Karl pushing to trade All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins. http://t.co/wUoSkiDdUr

lmao

The Kings franchise is such a joke. Cousins is gone. Congrats Lakers. Vivek has to be the worst owner in the NBA. Bringing in countless people who believe they have control of basketball operations.

Wonder if Raptors got a shot at Cousins. DeRozan, Ross and 20th.

Into

ocA5rB8.png

Kangs' should pursue Rondo, JR Smith and bring Artest back to NBA, really go for that all fuckery NBA line up, go for that dysfunctional shithole franchise of the year trophy

Why do the Lakers always get the best centers in basketball?
Boogie Cousins just tweeted out snakes and grass emojis.

No way to bandage this wound up, Kings. Forever in mediorcity. Sim Bhullar future it is.

Why do the Lakers always get the best centers in basketball?
Boogie Cousins just tweeted out snakes and grass emojis.

No way to bandage this wound up, Kings. Forever in mediorcity. Sim Bhullar future it is.

Melo and Iggy had similar snake in the grass tweets when they clashed with Karl, lol.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Yeah... I think the Nuggs will most likely get him. *sigh*

I'm not willing to give up #2, Randale, and Clarkson for him anyway. Fuck that.

Bowser

I can't believe how many fucked up misspellings of Julius Randle's name from Lakers fans I've seen in this thread lol.

Yeah... I think the Nuggs will most likely get him. *sigh*

I'm not willing to give up #2, Randale, and Clarkson for him anyway. Fuck that.

If I was Mitch I'd do that in a second. Cousins is really damn good, young and under team control for 3 more years.

Hmm..Celtics need to figure out a way to facilitate Ty Lawson too the the Kings to land Boogie. Get to work Danny.

Somehow Ainge needs to get a pick out of this.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oqyhdtg - Here we go, a realistic trade involving all three teams.

3obW1ap.png

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I can't believe how many fucked up misspellings of Julius Randle's name from Lakers fans I've seen in this thread lol.
There needs to be a singular spelling rule with names. I don't know why people get so cute with that shit.

I remember a dude in middle school caught feelings because his name was spelled "Kevin" instead of "Kevan" on the pre-made name tags for our trip.

And now "Justise" has entered as the newest challenger of name fuckery. When will this end...

Why is this smart? We're moving him to avoid the tax, I'm not one to spend others' money, but its more of a cost-saving move than a smart move.

Mario is at his best a decent PG off of the bench. He's can be easily replaced with someone asking for much less.

Anderson has no legs under him anymore and is a defensive liability.

At the worst, they can both be replaced with comparable players at a much cheaper rate. And if that's what it takes to keep Wade around then i'm not against it.

Jon

Trying to work something out in my head that can net the Sixers another top-10 pick in this draft. Can't help but feel this Kings trade is a smokescreen for something, but if it did go through it could really shuffle the draft order, and maybe a guy like Hezonja becomes available at 8 or 9. If you were the Hornets, what would it take to trade the Sixers to get number 8? Is it even possible without giving up Noel or Embiid?

Something like:

Charlotte gets:
2016 1st rd pick (Lakers)
2016 1st rd pick (Heat)
2016 1st rd pick (Thunder)
2015 2nd rd pick (any)
Tony Wroten

Philadelphia gets:
Jason Maxiel (waived)
2015 #8 pick

That would leave the Sixers with their own 2016 1st, and the possibility of Dario Saric coming over next year (although unlikely he would come before 2017).

Obviously this is purely speculative, but what is fair value to obtain a top-ten pick when you essentially have no tradeable players currently on the roster?

Bowser

Trying to work something out in my head that can net the Sixers another top-10 pick in this draft. Can't help but feel this Kings trade is a smokescreen for something, but if it did go through it could really shuffle the draft order, and maybe a guy like Hezonja becomes available at 8 or 9. If you were the Hornets, what would it take to trade the Sixers to get number 8? Is it even possible without giving up Noel or Embiid?

Something like:

Charlotte gets:
2016 1st rd pick (Lakers)
2016 1st rd pick (Heat)
2016 1st rd pick (Thunder)
2015 2nd rd pick (any)
Tony Wroten

Philadelphia gets:
Jason Maxiel (waived)
2015 #8 pick

That would leave the Sixers with their own 2016 1st, and the possibility of Dario Saric coming over next year (although unlikely he would come before 2017).

Obviously this is purely speculative, but what is fair value to obtain a top-ten pick when you essentially have no tradeable players currently on the roster?

Charlotte has the 9th pick. And if Hezonja is available at 9 they'll gladly snap him up for themselves. The Thunder and Heat picks may as well be 2nd rounders (although there's a chance the Heat pick ends up a late lottery pick). The Lakers pick could be as well if they somehow finagle Boogie out of Sacto.

Jon

Charlotte has the 9th pick. And if Hezonja is available at 9 they'll gladly snap him up for themselves. The Thunder and Heat picks may as well be 2nd rounders (although there's a chance the Heat pick ends up a late lottery pick). The Lakers pick could be as well if they somehow finagle Boogie out of Sacto.

Yeah those are all likely scenarios. Might as well just hope we end up with Russell and call it a day; really wish one of the other three picks had conveyed this year just for a little extra intrigue.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-nba-draft-20150623-story.html

League executives also said the Celtics were trying to move up in the draft, using their two first-round picks and two second-round picks as bait.

The executives said the Celtics were looking to trade point guard Marcus Smart and the Nos. 16 and 28 picks in the first round to Philadelphia for center/forward Nerlens Noel and the No. 3 pick. But the 76ers, the executives said, weren't interested.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/06/23/nba-mock-draft-karl-towns-jahlil-okafor-kristaps-porzingis-rj-hunter-emmanuel-mudiay

So what would L.A. be willing to give up to get Cousins? Julius Randle is in play, according to an NBA source, as well as the No. 2 pick in Cousins trade talk, which has looped in a third team at various points.
This could end up being one hell of a draft.

Ainge please that offer gets you laughed at. Don't worry in a few years one of your former teammates will hook you up again.

The trade was ridiculous but it goes to show that no one's really untouchable on the Celtics. Not that there was much doubt about that but I appreciate that he's going for a gigantic trade.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Either Karl is gone or Cousins is gone. Someone is leaving.

And I don't care what anyone says; the second pick in the draft, Randle, and a few more smaller assets, for a player who doesn't want to play for you, the coach hates, and hasn't done a significant thing in his nba career, is pretty damn fair...

Either Karl is gone or Cousins is gone. Someone is leaving.

And I don't care what anyone says; the second pick in the draft, Randle, and a few more smaller assets, for a player who doesn't want to play for you, the coach hates, and hasn't done a significant thing in his nba career, is pretty damn fair...

It may be fair but the only thing that matters is if your offer is better than what other teams are offering. I wonder if the Sixers would bother getting involved in a Cousins trade.

spyder_ur

As a Celts fan I would give up basically anything we have for Cousins. I could see Danny offering something like 16, 28, Nets '16 first rounder, and Sully or Olynyk. I don't think that gets it done when other teams will likely deal top-5 picks and players though.

I do think it's probably close to 50/50 that we see the Celtics trade into the bottom half of the lottery. They have the firepower to do so without sacrificing their future and there appear to be plenty of teams willing to trade down. Most likely targets I think are Cauley-Stein, Stanley Johnson, or Turner. Turner scares me; I'm not sure I can stomach watching him guard pick and rolls for the next several years. Cauley-Stein might fall down to 10-12 just because of the teams picking and issues around his foot.

Is there usually a draft thread around here? I'm pretty pumped about this draft. Seems like after Towns there is a ton of stuff in play. Sixers could do literally anything and it wouldn't surprise me.

I can't see the Celtics offering a good enough deal for Cousins. If they did it would probably have to be something like Smart, Young, Olynyk/Sully and pretty much every pick we have.

So Karl wants to get players to fit his uptempo style and you guys offer Olynk and Sullinger?

I'm just talking from a pure value standpoint. If the Celtics were to make the trade it would probably take our best young players and practically every valuable pick we have. It's not like Olynyk or Sullinger would have to end up on the Kings, they could be sent to some other team. Either way it's a moot point since the C's won't end up with Cousins.

spyder_ur

So Karl wants to get players to fit his uptempo style and you guys offer Olynk and Sullinger?

Olynyk would actually be fine in an uptempo style. Uptempo doesn't mean every player on your team has to be super quick and Kelly's not that slow for a big man anyways. Sullinger - not so much. I'm not sure what to really say about Sully at this point, he's been a disappointment although I still think he can carve out a role in the league for years.

The Lakers can't trade their pick directly, so if there was some sort of deal they'd be selecting for the team they are trading it to. Will make things interesting on draft night. I'm leaning towards being in favor of just taking Okafor and keep on collecting assets.

spyder_ur

The Lakers can't trade their pick directly, so if there was some sort of deal they'd be selecting for the team they are trading it to. Will make things interesting on draft night. I'm leaning towards being in favor of just taking Okafor and keep on collecting assets.

Why not? The rule about trading picks in consecutive drafts maybe?

I think you're right, but I wonder how that sits with Kobe. I think your approach is right, but the Lakers have gotten themselves into a tough spot here during Kobe's last few years.

Why not? The rule about trading picks in consecutive drafts maybe?

I think you're right, but I wonder how that sits with Kobe. I think your approach is right, but the Lakers have gotten themselves into a tough spot here during Kobe's last few years.

Nobody cares what Kobe thinks at this point. The front office has made this clear the last few years by not including him in very many decisions. I don't get why people act like he has this iron grip on the organization.

Bowser

Nobody cares what Kobe thinks at this point. The front office has made this clear the last few years by not including him in very many decisions. I don't get why people act like he has this iron grip on the organization.

Yeah lol, the Lakers are paying him $24m for jack shit. Kobe's a relic and he shouldn't have any input on the future direction of the franchise.

spyder_ur

I doubt that very, very much. And if they really didn't care at all that'd be a mistake too. Whoever they bring in, whether it is a rookie or a vet, has to play with Kobe at least this year (probably further) and that has proven to be a role that can be a difficult one to fit in with.

I respect Kobe greatly and don't think he's done, but there's no debating that his contract, playing style, declining skills and temperament the last few years has put the Lakers in a difficult spot in regards to securing and developing talent. That's all I meant rather than that they have to clear moves by him or anything.

Bowser

I doubt that very, very much. And if they really didn't care at all that'd be a mistake too. Whoever they bring in, whether it is a rookie or a vet, has to play with Kobe at least this year (probably further) and that has proven to be a role that can be a difficult one to fit in with.

I respect Kobe greatly and don't think he's done, but there's no debating that his contract, playing style, declining skills and temperament the last few years has put the Lakers in a difficult spot in regards to securing and developing talent. That's all I meant rather than that they have to clear moves by him or anything.

If Kobe Bryant plays in the NBA after the 2015-2016 season, it won't be with the Lakers. Mark my words.

Top Bottom