• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Tom Penny

As long as the Knicks take Russell or Mudiay I am happy.

Rumors :)

If Jahlil Okafor is available at No. 4, the New York Knicks will take him.

If Okafor is gone, somebody is going to take the No. 4 pick from the Knicks.

This is the intel I am hearing from points near and far as we count down the days to the 2015 NBA Draft. Phil Jackson has a bare cupboard when it comes to future draft picks, and he is inclined to trade down in exchange for multiple picks in this year’s draft and in future drafts.

How bare is the Knicks’ cupboard?

They do not have a second-round pick in 2015, nor in 2016 or 2018.

They do not have a first-round pick in 2016, having sent it to the Toronto Raptors for Andrea Bargnani.

You will just get D Wade instead.

Rowdy-Roddy-Piper.gif

I'd be fine with stealing Dragic from Miami though.

Honestly though, I don't think the Lakers will be major players in FA. They will likely draft a big so Gasol and DeAndre will be out the window (not that Marc would leave Memphis anyway). LMA is probably gonna try to go to a Texas team if he does leave Portland. A couple of the real good players like Jimmy Butler or even a Tobias Harris are RFA and their teams will want them back. $20 million a year for Dragic seems high but as long as it leaves us with sufficient space in 2016 I'd be okay with it.

I'm done with this shit
If Wade is dumb enough to go to the Cavs for less money because he wants to ring chase then Riley should let him

If Dragic wants to go to struggle franchises because they offer more money then let him too.

Don't forget that Florida doesn't have a state income tax, but New York and California do. I wonder how much of a per year difference a 4yr 85 million would be compared to a 5yr 80 million, when you include the state income tax.

I can't see Dragic signing with another team. I doubt the Lakers are going to offer a max contract, and the Knicks are going to be bad again this year, and will be dumpster fire for the foreseeable future.

Don't forget that Florida doesn't have a state income tax, but New York and California do. I wonder how much of a per year difference a 4yr 85 million would be compared to a 5yr 80 million, when you include the state income tax.

I can't see Dragic signing with another team. I doubt the Lakers are going to offer a max contract, and the Knicks are going to be bad again this year, and will be dumpster fire for the foreseeable future.

It's not the state tax, it's getting the same amount of money over less time. It also allows him to become a FA again sooner which means he might get more money in that 5th year. The Lakers (or whoever else wants to get him from Miami) could also offer a 1 or 2 year player opt out, meaning they are saying to him we will pay you more in year 1 and 2 than Miami will, and on top of that you can opt out and get an even bigger contract when the salary cap goes sky high in 2016. These are all things that all of a sudden level the playing field between Miami and other suitors, which is why I said Miami is sort of throwing away the leverage you normally have by having a player's bird rights.

Pimpwerx

So D Wade's dad reps the Cavs now...

11333326_733153593461329_96049445_n.jpg
Meh. Let him go to Cleveland, if that's really what he wants to do. I'm not going to stress over it. He can ruin his relationship with the fans down here, who aren't the ones stiffing him. The trolling makes no sense for that reason. Is he trying to spite the fans? Because they're not the ones causing him problems, but they're the only ones that care if he goes to Cleveland. PEACE.

Meh. Let him go to Cleveland, if that's really what he wants to do. I'm not going to stress over it. He can ruin his relationship with the fans down here, who aren't the ones stiffing him. The trolling makes no sense for that reason. Is he trying to spite the fans? Because they're not the ones causing him problems, but they're the only ones that care if he goes to Cleveland. PEACE.
I don't think he gives five flying fucks about the fans

It's a new era of players that are building world brands instead of one city

Pimpwerx

I don't think he gives five flying fucks about the fans

It's a new era of players that are building world brands instead of one city
It just seems weird. Give up millions to stay here, where he reps the city, and in his final days, troll the fanbase? That's that shit I don't like. PEACE.

It just seems weird. Give up millions to stay here, where he reps the city, and in his final days, troll the fanbase? That's that shit I don't like. PEACE.

That's why I think the era of players staying in one team their whole career is pretty much over. It's going to be the exception rather than the expected. Fanbase (regional anyway) doesn't really matter that much

Fjordson

Does Lebron really want D Wade in Cleveland? Another guy who's hurt every year? Guess they could stash him on the bench until the playoffs.

CA tax rate can go up to 12.29%

NY tax rate is 8.89% which comes to $1,431,290 dollars per year on 16.1 million dollars a year.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Where in the world would the Cavs get the money to pay Wade anyways? They're already going way over the tax.

Where in the world would the Cavs get the money to pay Wade anyways? They're already going way over the tax.

I don't think it's possible. Just with Kyrie's extension kicking in and whatever money they give to TT and/or Kevin Love (not to mention LeBron will opt out and sign another big one year deal) they are going to be strapped. Which basically means the only options for signing Wade would be a sign and trade with Miami (Riley wouldn't even take their call) or Wade signing for the mid-level exception (which sort of defeats the purpose of him whining about getting paid). All of this Cavs and Lakers and smattering of Bulls talk with Wade and his free agency is probably smoke screen bullshit to try and bluff a bigger contract out of the Heat, who, if they are smart, probably know there won't be a ton of demand for Wade on the free agent market, at least not for much more $$$ than they are willing to offer.

So D Wade's dad reps the Cavs now...

11333326_733153593461329_96049445_n.jpg

Lol, this is pathetic. Clearly, Wade's family trying to get the Heat to pay Wade. Real winner would be Riley and the Heat letting this dude walk. Wade wants 3 yr 60 million. GTFO here. Wade can't even play 60 games a season anymore. Cavs already have some injury prone players as it is.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
If the Knicks need bodies and picks than give us the #4 for Clarkson and our 27/34

Problem solved.
I really want Russell/Okafor or Russell/WCS or Russell/Justise to happen really badly

I don't think it's possible. Just with Kyrie's extension kicking in and whatever money they give to TT and/or Kevin Love (not to mention LeBron will opt out and sign another big one year deal) they are going to be strapped. Which basically means the only options for signing Wade would be a sign and trade with Miami (Riley wouldn't even take their call) or Wade signing for the mid-level exception (which sort of defeats the purpose of him whining about getting paid). All of this Cavs and Lakers and smattering of Bulls talk with Wade and his free agency is probably smoke screen bullshit to try and bluff a bigger contract out of the Heat, who, if they are smart, probably know there won't be a ton of demand for Wade on the free agent market, at least not for much more $$$ than they are willing to offer.

Its not possible. When the Cavs go over the apron...and they will most definitely then they can no longer use the MLE or sign sign and trade players. I went over their limited options earlier in this thread I think.

Can you guys just imagine if Wade leaves to Cleveland how that first game back in Miami would play out? He won't be able to get near the ball and the people will shower him with boos like there is no tomorrow.
I think he ain't going nowhere. He knows no one is paying him what he wants anyway.

Furyous

Wade stay in Miami because our hospitals can't handle KLove, Ky, and DWade. It fucks team chemistry because the core is injured all the time. DWade isn't coming off the bench but he's not healthy enough to be a consistent starter. Plus, he fucks our cap space. Stay in Miami and go out a legend in a Heat uniform.

Hassan Whiteside is more than welcome to make the jump if he so chooses when his contract is up.

"Sacramento has been clear in trade talks: Kings more than willing to move back into the teens if a team includes a proven player in a deal." - @ChrisMannixSI

Tyler Zeller is a proven player right?

"Sacramento has been clear in trade talks: Kings more than willing to move back into the teens if a team includes a proven player in a deal." - @ChrisMannixSI

Tyler Zeller is a proven player right?

If the Celtics sent Kelly Olynyk, the Kings would also get Kevin Love's left arm. That might be enough.

Wade stay in Miami because our hospitals can't handle KLove, Ky, and DWade. It fucks team chemistry because the core is injured all the time. DWade isn't coming off the bench but he's not healthy enough to be a consistent starter. Plus, he fucks our cap space. Stay in Miami and go out a legend in a Heat uniform.

Hassan Whiteside is more than welcome to make the jump if he so chooses when his contract is up.
Good luck. He wants to get paiddddddd

Bowser

Rick Bonnel @rick_bonnell
EXCUSIVE: Charlotte wins bid to host 2017 NBA All-Star Weekend. Formal announcement tomorrow. Story coming.

I forgot that the W's have a first round pick this year. It still feels surreal that our biggest priorities in the off season are to resign Draymond and unload David Lee...I'm really hoping that Barnes and Ezeli make that extra jump over the summer in development.

BadAss2961

Wade's not going to Cleveland. Not unless he goes cheap. Even then I don't think LeBron wants Dwyane's unreliable body fucking his shit up or keeping that +1 on him in championships won.

Teams names being thrown around, and family members wearing tshirst from other teams is all BS.

Players stay in today's NBA, as you guys have said its all leverage.

Using the Lakers "mutual interest" is a way to get paid. Wades probably not going anywhere.

Lakers nation is going to be stuck in this painful state until Jim Buss is fired, rtesigns, or 5 years pass with 4 more top 10 picks.

We fooked man.

On top of that, I don't know if the should take a big or Russell.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
The Knicks just need to take Clarkson and our picks and not fuck around. You need a big athletic proven guard that can penetrate and finish? You got it. Plus picks 27/33 to do whatever with. Do it.

God, if we go 2 and 4 in this draft I will shit myself. Not even Jimmy could fuck that up. It is unfuckupable.

The Knicks just need to take Clarkson and our picks and not fuck around. You need a big athletic proven guard that can penetrate and finish? You got it. Plus picks 27/33 to do whatever with. Do it.

God, if we go 2 and 4 in this draft I will shit myself. Not even Jimmy could fuck that up. It is unfuckupable.

Not even the Knicks are that stupid. Probably.

Edit:

"ESPN sources say that, in advance of Thursday's draft, Minnesota has made former No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett available via trade" - @ESPNSteinLine

Truly shocking news.

Alright, Laker nation.

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 37m37 minutes ago
Hearing Lakers settling in on Jahlil Okafor at No. 2. Told 70-30 they'd take him on Friday. Up to 80-20 today.

Best get up to speed on his draft profile. http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2015/insider/story/_/id/13129007/nba-draft-jahlil-okafor-makes-case-no-1

Snippet on Okafor slipping behind Towns and Russell in many GMs' eyes:

"The NBA is trendy," one GM said. "Okafor's game doesn't fit the trend. It's old-school. And I think that once someone said it out loud, people began jumping off the bandwagon. But I think it's a huge mistake. The reason the league has changed is because we can't find dominant big men any more. The highest percentage shot available is at the rim. I think Okafor will cause major problems for teams that have gone away from bigs. He'll dominate the paint. And the defense? I don't worry about it. He's 19. He'll get in better condition. He'll learn to play it well enough to not be a liability. And then people will be asking in a few years whether we just passed on the next Shaq, the next Tim Duncan, for the next Chris Webber. I'm not sure trendy is ever really a good thing."

Top Bottom