• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

This is going to be a great Laker season. lol

video
mjlol.png
it almost felt like they said fuck kobe without actually saying it.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Cuttino Mobley retired cause of heart issues. That ordeal aged him decades.

Those new Bucks jerseys are clean as hell. The Heat alternate should have black trim on both sides.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Sam Amico ‏@AmicoHoops 15m15 minutes ago

Pacers have acquired Rakeem Christmas from the Cavs for future second-round draft pick, per the Pacers

Weird. Dude was never going to play anyways.

So I watched the press conference for the Lakers yesterday, and all three players looked like the have been sentenced to life without parole. They looked so depressed and sad to be here. :(

When I saw a quick cut of the Lakers press conference on First Take, I thought Draymond Green had joined the team somehow. Then the names came up and I saw that it was Brandon Bass. They look really similar.

RBH

hawks_philips_arena.jpg

The Atlanta Hawks are eyeing three potential locations for a new arena, including the Civic Center, according to Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed.

In addition to the Civic Center, a city-owned property that Reed put up for sale in recent years, the team is also considering an undisclosed Atlanta location and rehabbing Philips Arena, the mayor told reporters on Thursday.

Reed said he’s met once with the team’s new owners and repeated his willingness to consider a deal involving the use of public funds. The mayor first indicated that option last year in the wake of controversy involving the team’s previous leadership.

“What I’m willing to do is come to the table with a plan that makes sense and is fair to the people of Atlanta,” Reed said. “I’m not closed to participating in a reasonable plan to make sure that the Hawks remain in the city and that’s what I expressed in our meeting.”

The mayor didn’t elaborate, but said he was “very satisfied” with his interactions with the new ownership group led by billionaire philanthropist Antony Ressler and NBA All-Star Grant Hill.

On his first full day as principal owner of the Hawks in June, Ressler told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the 16-year-old Philips Arena would need to be remodeled or replaced.

“There’s do-nothing. There’s remodel. Or there’s a new arena,” Ressler said. “Do-nothing is not an option.”
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/hawks-reed-discuss-philips-arena-rehab-locations-f/nm5X4/

The idea of building a brand new arena to replace Philips is fucking idiotic, much less using public funds for it.

Fjordson

No basketball or football of any kind right now. Summer sucks.

Edit: I take that back, I was so desperate I was watching Canada play Argentina in the Pan American games the other day lol. So I guess there is some form of basketball on.

spyder_ur

No basketball or football of any kind right now. Summer sucks.

Edit: I take that back, I was so desperate I was watching Canada play Argentina in the Pan American games the other day lol. So I guess there is some form of basketball on.

It's brutal out there right now. Nothing to follow.

Who won?

h1nch

Becky Hammon came and gave a talk at my work today. Was pretty awesome to listen to her talk about her experience coaching summer league and how she wound up on the Spurs' coaching staff.

Fjordson

Man this Pan American game between USA and Canada is hype. Tied with 30 seconds left.

Anthony Bennett playing good (albeit against weak competition) and Jamal Murray gonna be good.

Since it is off season with nothing else to do, let's play the question game!

Your favorite memories that your team has pulled off? Only one condition, it has to be your personal memory. So I can't pick, say, Jerry West making the 60 ft. buzzer beater.

Fjordson

Aside from stuff on TV like watching the Warriors win the title, it might be seeing Curry in person his rookie year for the first time. Kinda hindsight since I didn't know he'd become as great as he is these days, but I remember he scored like 30 against Dallas. It was great.

Canada terrible start. Brazil just picked them apart. WNBA all star game is close and fun to watch.

Edit: Jay Triano getting out coached badly at the moment. It is laughable.

Brazil absolute Clinic on PnR.
Maya Moore taking over WNBA all star game. 30 pts.

Congrats to Brazil. Great basketball by them.

josh smith's family gonna have to live on food stamps now with his salary
For real.. How can he stretch that $5.9mil for the next 12 months..

Alljokes aside to be fair to him he did lost money when he got waived. He was set to make 14mil next season if detroit kept him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That move is seriously crazy. Heat were giving him away as a salary dump but hes on a 1.25 mil contract this year.. maybe they should have gave Wade a little less.

bone_and_sinew

He isn't good at anything and he is small. Josh Richardson is already an NBA ready defender with size and Tyler Johnson is a better shooter, bigger, and far more athletic.
Don't get caught up by his name, he sucks.

bone_and_sinew

Does this mean Ennis makes the roster now? He had that horrible last summer league game.
Probably not. I think this is the roster going forward

Dragic, Chalmers, Johnson, Richardson
Wade, Winslow, Z Dragic
Deng, Green
Bosh, McRoberts, Haslem
Whiteside, Stoudemire, Andersen

We're going to look to trade Chalmers and Andersen by the trade deadline. No one wants them at this moment.

Heel

Stojavokic, Jackson In, Dean Oliver Out? Kings' Front Office is Getting Another Makeover

First, ESPN’s Marc Stein reported last night that Peja Stojakovic has been offered a full time position in the Kings front office, but hasn’t accepted yet because of the impact moving from Greece to Sacramento would have on his family.

As a follow up to the Stein report, USA Today’s Sam Amick confirmed the Kings interest in Stojakovic, and reported that Vlade Divac is also trying to add former Kings guard and assistant coach Bobby Jackson to the front office.
There is continued instability in the Kings front office.

High profile former ESPN analytics guru, Dean Oliver who was hand picked by owner Vivek Ranadive, as Director of Player Personnel, and Head of Analytics a season ago, and who has multiple years left on his contract with the Kings - was told by new Kings VP Vlade Divac not to attend NBA Summer League.

Oliver was in attendance anyway and was seen with King coaches. Oliver was not permitted to be there in his official capacity with the team.

Divac has told confidants that he is strongly opposed to the use of analytics in evaluating players, and has halted all communication with Oliver.

cxPzC5J.gif

LeBron had to have given the OK to trade away his BFF. I mean the dude was wearing a LeBron shirt during the playoffs. lol

but damn, dat 13 mil exception. We got Mozgov last year with just the 5.5 from Bogans.

Yeah, I know there's something in place because of that Z trade, any many before it from other teams. Just not totally sure if it's slightly different since the season hasn't started yet, although it's probably one full year from the date of being traded.

Top Bottom