• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Hey, Lakers get one more game of Summer League! Fourth quarter here we come!

Nice to at least some Lakers basketball regardless.

Anybody read Silver Screen and Roll? It's sometimes more fun reading the blogs of all the other teams in the league, especially when they take potshots at their rivals (Grizzlies ranting about the Clippers is a riot).

Edit: Well it was a fun run, but no dice. Baby steps for the future!

Didn't get a chance to watch the game, but it seems like Russell had a good night, after Randle had a good night the game before. Meanwhile Clarkson continues to beast. Hope he can continue this into his sophmore season. Good end to the SL all things considered.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Well now... looks like my Laker brothers and sisters are back to riding Russell's nut sack after a very good showing. The amount of stock people put into these games never ceases to amaze...

I can't wait for Nash to get a hold of Russell this summer. Lakers need to just hire him to a coaching position or something. Bring that motherfucker into the organization permanently.

Well now... looks like my Laker brothers and sisters are back to riding Russell's nut sack after a very good showing. The amount of stock people put into these games never ceases to amaze...

I can't wait for Nash to get a hold of Russell this summer. Lakers need to just hire him to a coaching position or something. Bring that motherfucker into the organization permanently.
in theory he should style on summer league guys,why shouldnt there at least be some stock put in it?

in theory he should style on summer league guys,why shouldnt there at least be some stock put in it?

It's 4 games not even a month after these guys were drafted, with little to no real familiarity with the system or teammates. It's a glorified pick up game. I mean, it's fun to watch and follow but I wouldn't take anything concrete from it. There have been guys who have "styled" in summer league and then couldn't even crack an NBA roster.

Speaking of summer league, Seth Curry might (might) be getting a shot with New Orleans. Some rumblings on Twitter and elsewhere that they're going to sign him. Nothing official. He's averaging 25.3 PPG in summer league, after going for 23.8 in D-League last year while shooting almost 47% from 3.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Because, as history has shown us, "styling" on dudes in the summer league doesn't mean shit in the long run. Thus, this is a false theory. The only thing SL is good for is getting players a little more acclimated to NBA play.

If SL meant anything then Kent Bazemore would be a legit starter by now instead of coming off the bench for a fraud playoff team like the Hawks.

As the saying goes, Summer League doesn't show us who can play just who can't. He hasn't looked great but he also hasn't looked completely awful so we can't really draw any conclusions.

Speaking of summer league, Seth Curry might (might) be getting a shot with New Orleans. Some rumblings on Twitter and elsewhere that they're going to sign him. Nothing official. He's averaging 25.3 PPG in summer league, after going for 23.8 in D-League last year while shooting almost 47% from 3.
With all their problems at guard, they'd be crazy not to at least try.

fertygo

Summer League is mostly doesn't mean shit

But the general rule of thumb is:

Its doesn't mean jackshit if you're awesome on SL
Its embarassing as shit if you looks bad on it.

I think at very least you can see some glimpse which player that can compete with bigger and faster player than in college level, rather than looking something like ppg and shooting percentage you its better off to which player that look capable physically at these game.

Cheebo

Banned
I mean, what do they have to lose by signing him to a cheap short contract? He is less risky than a number of these rookies that got drafted this year.

Apparently he has improved a lot over the past year in the D-Leauge too. And that is the whole goal of the D-League...to develop players into being capable of playing at the NBA level, even though it works out that way rarely.

Fatalah

When are newly drafted players assigned their jersey numbers for the season?

I see Porzingis wears #46 in the Summer League. Is that going to be his number?

Fjordson

Kevon Looney doing good things! Also, Aaron Craft is shutting down Seth Curry. Craft was kinda annoying in college at Ohio St. but can't deny he's a great defender.

Cheddahz

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 11m11 minutes ago
Denver has agreed to a deal to send guard Ty Lawson to Houston, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 11m11 minutes ago
Denver has agreed to a deal to send guard Ty Lawson to Houston, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m2 minutes ago
Sources: As part of deal for Ty Lawson, Houston will send Kostas, Pablo Prigioni, Joey Dorsey, Nick Johnson and a protected first to Denver.

lmao Morey stay winnin'

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nice deal for the Rockets assuming hes not dead / in prison by the time the season starts, honestly hope he gets the help needs. Rockets really needed a PG who could play PG to take pressure off of Harden. Also amazed Denver could get a first for him at all at this point.

Nice deal for the Rockets assuming hes not dead / in prison by the time the season starts, honestly hope he gets the help needs. Rockets really needed a PG who could play PG to take pressure off of Harden. Also amazed Denver could get a first for him at all at this point.

A Houston first is probably in the late 20s so it doesn't carry a ton of value. Potentially a big piece for Houston if Lawson can get his act together.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
A Houston first is probably in the late 20s so it doesn't carry a ton of value. Potentially a big piece for Houston if Lawson can get his act together.

Yeah its not much but its more than what I would have figured given the situation. Can't imagine there were a ton of teams trying to get him, most contenders are set at PG and teams that aren't contenders weren't looking to bring him in.

Still for Houston its worth it. Easily the best PG available on the market right now assuming he can get it together.

t26

@WojYahooNBA

Along with Ty Lawson, Denver will send a future second-round pick to Houston, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

I mean Houston pick will be late first and Denver's pick will be early second...

Well Lawson started off well, if he does get his act together, he'd be great for Houston but he hasn't had his act together for some time but maybe a change of scenery will help. Wish he would have worked out here but oh well.

Lawson will be fine and that's a great pickup for Houston.

He just needs to get his shit together off the court. How do you make all that money and not have someone drive you to and from bars and clubs?

spyder_ur

Celtics signed Jordan Mickey to a 4 year, $5 million dollar deal - only the first two years guaranteed. Seemed like a tough negotiation. Adam Himmelsmach (Globe) reported that it is believed to be the biggest deal ever for a 2nd round rookie.

Seems like a win-win for both the player and the team. I love it and it seems more likely we will actually see him get some minutes next year.

Top Bottom