• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

HabeeNo

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1114951

N34VVZ0.gif

Midorima's_half_court_shot.gif

I just watched forty minutes of Jeremy Lin Lakers highlights.

Come on, season should start already!

Also:

Least to most favorite teams going into the season!

30. boston celtics

29. Golden State Warriors
28. Dallas Mavericks
27. Sacramento Kings
26. Charlotte Hornets
25. San Antonio Spurs
24. Portland Trail Blazers
23. Brooklyn Nets
22. Toronto Raptors
21. Orlando Magic
20. Indiana Pacers
19. Utah Jazz
18. Phoenix Suns
17. Detroit Pistons
16. Miami Heat
15. Denver Nuggets
14. Philadelphia 76ers
13. Chicago Bulls
12. Washington Wizards
11. Atlanta Hawks
10. Oklahoma City Thunder
9. New Orleans Pelicans
8. New York Knicks
7. Atlanta Hawks
6. Los Angeles Clippers
5. Cleveland Cavaliers
4. Memphis Grizzlies
3. Minnesota Timberwolves
2. Houston Rockets

1. LOS ANGELES LAKERS

Josh5890

This offseason can't end soon enough.

Anyway, I was wondering what 2-3 things would you guys change about the NBA if you could. Mine would be:

1. Change the rules on qualifying for the playoffs. Top 16 teams clarify regardless of the conferences the teams belong to. Not sure how the conference championship would work with this format, but it really sucks to see good teams (.500 or >.500) in the west miss out on the post season while crappy teams from the east (below .500) make it.

2. Reduce the number of regular season games to around 66 or so. Really think 82 games is too much. Hopefully, this will reduce the amount of players getting injured, and we can watch teams with full line-ups go at it in the playoffs.

I don't know about number 1. There just needs to be a better job preventing tanking. As for number 2, I'm all for shortening the season. Heck, turn the first two playoff rounds into best of 5 while they are at it.

Bread

Banned
Least to most favorite teams going into the season!

30. boston celtics

29. Golden State Warriors
28. Dallas Mavericks
27. Sacramento Kings
26. Charlotte Hornets
25. San Antonio Spurs
24. Portland Trail Blazers
23. Brooklyn Nets
22. Toronto Raptors
21. Orlando Magic
20. Indiana Pacers
19. Utah Jazz
18. Phoenix Suns
17. Detroit Pistons
16. Miami Heat
15. Denver Nuggets
14. Philadelphia 76ers
13. Chicago Bulls
12. Washington Wizards
11. Atlanta Hawks
10. Oklahoma City Thunder
9. New Orleans Pelicans
8. New York Knicks
7. Atlanta Hawks
6. Los Angeles Clippers
5. Cleveland Cavaliers
4. Memphis Grizzlies
3. Minnesota Timberwolves
2. Houston Rockets

1. LOS ANGELES LAKERS
the fuck is this shit

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I believe he wanted 94/5 (18.8 per), Cavs offered 80/5 (16 per).

So they met in the middle and reduced the number of years. TT is worth nowhere near that and will regret not taking the money in 3 years.

He's back peddling now.

Chris Broussard
‏@Chris_Broussard

Sources: Tristan Thompson is WILLING to sign a 3-year, $53 million deal with the Cavs. Cavs have not yet agreed to the deal.

Chris Broussard ‏
@Chris_Broussard

Story is that Thompson has lowered his demand from 5 yr/$94 max to 3 years/$53 million
No, I'm pretty sure the story is that you're full of shit and covering your ass.

T7P32Vu.jpg

RBH

hawks-court.jpg

The Hawks unveiled a rendering of their new court on Thursday – complete with the team’s new font and color scheme of Torch Red, Georgia Granite Gray and Volt Green. The new feather pattern surrounds the court in gray and black and in the lane in red. The new Pac-Man logo remains at center court.

Fans can get a real look at the new design when the Hawks hold an open practice at Philips Arena on Oct. 3.
http://atlantahawks.blog.ajc.com/2015/09/24/hawks-unveil-rendering-of-new-court-design/

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
yes, minimum.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m3 minutes ago

Barring some unexpected snag, Toronto is well-placed to sign Anthony Bennett to one-year minimum deal -- all it can offer -- early next week

goddamn what a bust

RBH

QqxlQOx.png

The podcast will be called The Bill Simmons Podcast rather than the B.S. Report. Three podcasts per week will be produced in the first six months. It will be found in the usual places initially — iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, Spotify, and so on — and a specific web page will eventually be created as a landing spot.

The content will be familiar to his regular listers, with the Guess The Lines podcast with Cousin Sal available on Mondays. There will be an NFL picks-focused podcast on Fridays with Simmons’s friend Joe House, a familiar guest on the ESPN version of the podcast. Media members and celebrity guests will appear on other podcasts.

A lingering question regarding the podcast is whether ESPN will allow Grantland talent such as NBA writer Zach Lowe to appear as a guest. An ESPN spokeman noted that ESPN cooperates with many non-ESPN shows in allowing guests to appear, but said the network would take each request from Simmons “on a case-by-case basis as we normally do.”
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/09/24/simmons/9s10El8EOhUOtTCDkDRvQP/story.html

spurs kept most of their core players and added west and aldridge...

wcf on lock if they remain healthy. and possibilly another ring if pop is determined and the trio stay hungry and continue to play at a high level.

there i said it

Top Bottom