• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

bennett-756-2.jpg

We finally got a 1st overall pick!!

Wesley Matthews likely out until Christmas. Shocked he got a long term deal. He said he would be ready by season opener in the summer. Credit to his agent for getting him the deal.

Oh god, Jimmer. Kings really wasted that draft pick. Maloofs were just cash-strapped and wanted the "Jimmer-mania" money lol.

Also, kind of think D-Will's career would have been better had the Jazz not traded him.

The Nets could've dumped Williams on Sac, they just needed to include Plumlee. But they balked and ended up buying Williams out and trading Plumlee for a late round draft pick. A fool and his money...

sytadel

Anybody made any NBA art? Reply with any NBA Art you've created. Here's mine, all hand made oil paintings. Anthony Davis, and John Wall both liked theirs on my Instagram. Larry Sanders actually shared my portrait of him which was really cool. Shameless plug, check out the rest of my art at http://facebook.com/largedrew

nbaart11_zpsuzu7njuz.jpg

Cheebo

Banned
spurs kept most of their core players and added west and aldridge...

wcf on lock if they remain healthy. and possibilly another ring if pop is determined and the trio stay hungry and continue to play at a high level.

there i said it
Golden State is still the better team in the west. They are young and are only going to keep improving.

Cheebo

Banned
I won't be surprised if Celtics miss the playoffs this year. A number of the 14-15 lottery teams are making significant improvements going into next year. A healthy Heat will make the playoffs. The Pistons finally have a Stan Van Gundy style roster for example, they will be one of the teams fighting for that 7th and 8th seed spot this go round. The 6th-8th seed spots in the east look to be far more competitive this year.

Sanjuro

I don't know what to make of the Celtics largely. I don't think it's difficult to say they will end up with a similar result.

Hassanity and the Justice League are gonna deliver some Tall Justice with CB and 3D this season. Just throw Mr. O'Brien in a Miami storage unit now. We already won. That's prophecy.

Cheebo

Banned
Celtics are going to win the championship and get the first overall pick thanks to the Nets.
Celtics are much closer to being a team in a rebuilding mode than a title chasing mode. I doubt anyone in the organization is thinking about a title anytime soon.

Sanjuro

Celtics are much closer to being a team in a rebuilding mode than a title chasing mode. I doubt anyone in the organization is thinking about a title anytime soon.

I don't think 95% of the NBA is thinking about titles anytime soon.

as usual, Mass. basketball fans have have illusions of grandeur.

/s

You mean that one year in the last few decades where we build an all-star team, and all the other years when we failed?

Cheebo

Banned

You mean that one year in the last few decades where we build an all-star team, and all the other years when we failed?
I'd say there are only 5 teams thinking about getting a title anytime soon. Golden State, Spurs, OKC, Clippers, & the Cavs.

I believe you missed the sarcasm mark?

please, check my post again.

although as of recent, celtics got no chance.

Sanjuro

I'd say there are only 5 teams thinking about getting a title anytime soon. Golden State, Spurs, OKC, Clippers, & the Cavs.

I'd even nudge out a couple of those teams as well.

I believe you missed the sarcasm mark?

please, check my post again.

although as of recent, celtics got no chance.

Oh, I didn't know what that meant. Thought it was a Superman thing!

I think they are fun brand to watch right now, but they have a lot to carry over from last season to make that possible. I'm not sure all the same pieces can work.

Golden State is still the better team in the west. They are young and are only going to keep improving.

As a diehard Warriors fan, the Spurs are our matchup nightmare. Their execution just absolutely kills our defense. Every other team we can matchup well against (even the Thunder- which people seem to think isn't the case) but the Spurs just ruin us.

ViciousDS

Banned
January 12th.....bulls vs bucks, got me tickets yesterday! Pumped.....hoping Nikola developed over the summer and I can watch him drain 3's!

Damn, that sucks about Shumpert. He was pulling some magic out at times during the playoffs. Wasn't expecting him to do as good as he did.

Fjordson

I think I agree at the moment. Parker and Ginoboli haven't looked great lately and I dunno if Aldridge will be enough.

of course now that I posted this we're going to lose to them in the WCF

As a diehard Warriors fan, the Spurs are our matchup nightmare. Their execution just absolutely kills our defense. Every other team we can matchup well against (even the Thunder- which people seem to think isn't the case) but the Spurs just ruin us.

I still say the triangle matchup is GS > OKC > SA > GS

Top Bottom