• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Fjordson

Kerr was at practice today (photographed chatting with Steve Nash) so that's good news. Sounds like the back thing isn't too serious.

zychi

Banned
Dead on. 80 mil is MORE than fair for Thompson, he needs to get his head out of his ass and realize that is by far the best he is going to do.

He wants as much as he can get before Bron leaves and he's stuck in CLE. I don't blame the guy. No one else is paying him close to that. CLE should just let him walk lol

Cheebo

Banned
He wants as much as he can get before Bron leaves and he's stuck in CLE. I don't blame the guy. No one else is paying him close to that. CLE should just let him walk lol
Bron is retiring in Cleveland, there is absolutely no question of that.

Stop taking my water.

What happened with Geoff Petrie and the Maloofs? At one point the Kings were so stacked on talent...(Gerald Wallace and Turkey Glue were your 11th and 12th men). Front office seemed like it had a great eye for talent. Did the Maloofs just pull the plug because of the whole stadium issue or did Petrie just stop trying?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
What happened with Geoff Petrie and the Maloofs? At one point the Kings were so stacked on talent...(Gerald Wallace and Turkey Glue were your 11th and 12th men). Front office seemed like it had a great eye for talent. Did the Maloofs just pull the plug because of the whole stadium issue or did Petrie just stop trying?
Key players got hurt like webber that ended that era. Maloofs went nearly broke and started selling draft picks/players and put nothing back into the team, then tried to move the team or sell them to someone who could move them.
Petrie was handcuffed alot so it's hard to blame him after the fact but he couldn't bring talent in with no payroll.

Stop taking my water.

I think the state of California would implode if LA fell victim to urban decay due to a lack of water. So...learn to share!!!!!!!

:p

Also, fuck the Kings forever and ever :p

Seriously though, there was a time where I almost made the Kings my second favorite team after the Lakers....how naive was I?

I dunno about the Kings ( I guess still bitter about Robert Horry) but I didn't start disliking the Lakers until I went to school down in SoCal. I know a lot of warrior fans hate laker fans because the NorCal ones regularly buy up tickets for warriors vs lakers games... But you haven't seen that recently given the current state of both respective teams. It's a bit of a trip during the playoffs when my Laker friends here went all in on rooting for the Warriors. Their rationale was because they really hated the Clippers and were essentially cheering for the Clippers' rivals.

Kind of ironic for me, but I really like the Clippers this year but can't stand the Warriors, or at least what they are turning into. No offense to the team itself because they are fucking good and hella great to watch, but yeah. Can't walk down the street by Warriors fans without getting tons of shit, which I imagine has to be a response to Laker fans doing the same thing...aren't fans great?

The fan base I dislike the most is the Timberwolves, generally. Which is ironic because they are absolutely one of my favorite teams this year, but holy shit is that fan base bitter towards us. I imagine it has to do with them being garbage though, which to be fair can be frustrating if your team loses a once in a life time type of chance (2004 WCF), especially against a team that is the exact opposite (Lakers have been, what, how many times?). I should know; I'm a Cardinals and Coyotes fan so I'm used to being a fan of shit teams. At least the Diamondbacks...oh wait.

That was THE team of the early 2000s as far as entertainment is concerned. Probably the only team that could actively compete against the lakers. Injuries took them down though, and Jason Williams seemed to drop off in talent suddenly.

I've said it before, there is one team that is probably willing to pay him big-money should he eventually walk away. And that team is the raptors. His hometown. Local guys are immensely popular in Canada, and he knows a salary AND big marketing payoff awaits him here (along with living in an awesome city).

So he wants the $80m from the cavs. Cuz the raps will give him $79m + endorsement hookups.

That was THE team of the early 2000s as far as entertainment is concerned. Probably the only team that could actively compete against the lakers. Injuries took them down though, and Jason Williams seemed to drop off in talent suddenly.

He didn't drop off in talent. The guy just was allergic to simple basketball plays. That and his low percentage pull up 3's..As far as i'm concerned, Mike Bibby was an upgrade...I was a big fan of Jason Williams too..

Rich Paul is a dick. You should never trust a man with two first names. But he know what he's doing. He'll get TT his money. Fans rarely understand sports economics. With salaries in the rise, fan valuations are laughably low.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
He didn't drop off in talent. The guy just was allergic to simple basketball plays. That and his low percentage pull up 3's..As far as i'm concerned, Mike Bibby was an upgrade...I was a big fan of Jason Williams too..
I remember trading Jason Williams was so hated, everyone loved that dude but Bibby was the better player.

Cheebo

Banned
Rich Paul is a dick. You should never trust a man with two first names. But he know what he's doing. He'll get TT his money. Fans rarely understand sports economics. With salaries in the rise, fan valuations are laughably low.
TT will not get his money. No chance now he gets the 94 mil he asked for (Cle offered 80). Because he missed the qualifying offer deadline Cleveland has all the power now. If TT doesn't sign a deal he becomes a restricted free agent at the end of the season and Cleveland can match whatever offer he gets, which would be well under 94 mil.

Cleveland has all the power now that TT chickened out of his threat to sign the QO.

ViciousDS

Banned
damn.......ballstreams isn't taking any new accounts, damn it.

I really want an option thats better than the LeaguePass......that crap sucked ass.

TT will not get his money. No chance now he gets the 94 mil he asked for (Cle offered 80). Because he missed the qualifying offer deadline Cleveland has all the power now. If TT doesn't sign a deal he becomes a restricted free agent at the end of the season and Cleveland can match whatever offer he gets, which would be well under 94 mil.

Cleveland has all the power now that TT chickened out of his threat to sign the QO.
Did you say the same about Bledsoe? Rich Paul knows what he's doing. I don't think he's done wrong by any of his clients yet. Even if TT can't get the extra year next year, he's going to get his per year salary that he's demanding. I hate Rich Paul, but he's proven himself a capable agent.

ViciousDS

Banned
Just keep an eye out, they will open it back up for a bit.

Yes, I don't even think referrals work atm......they might.....don't have one so no idea haha.

I might invade reddit for an invite.....those ding dongs post the links in the open though and someone else always grabs them.

edit: yup referrals do not work according to reddit atm, I guess the billing system is down, so they probably have been doing maintenance to the site. Makes sense why people can't join

jbug617

Banned
Lebron messing with the Cavs FO
CQchrtiVAAAISzK.jpg

It's the LeBron Tax. If Dan Gilbert wasn't a colossal piece of human shit he wouldn't have to be paying it. Fuck the Cavs as a staff, record label and as a mother fucking crew.

I hate Dan Gilbert for....basketball reasons, but what else did he do? I don't pay attention to front office much outside of the Lakers.

I hate Dan Gilbert for....basketball reasons, but what else did he do? I don't pay attention to front office much outside of the Lakers.

1. Suck as an owner and talent evaluator and generally be incompetent as fuck
2. Wrote that disrespectful as fuck letter about LeBron when Bron left the Cleve the first time.

1. Suck as an owner and talent evaluator and generally be incompetent as fuck
2. Wrote that disrespectful as fuck letter about LeBron when Bron left the Cleve the first time.

I find the letter to be hilarious more than anything else. But yeah, he's a douche, mostly because Chris Paul. Fuck Mark Cuban, too.

Anyway, GO LAKERS! I'm excited for pre-season!!!!!!!

Yay!

Can't wait to watch the Lakers this year. Young core mixed up with some decent vets. Russell will most likely struggle, but I hope to see some flashes of talent this year.

Fjordson

I dunno, Durant probably is lying. And Durant does seem needlessly angry about the media sometimes.

As a TV / radio personality SAS is pretty obnoxious, but he's broken bigger stories than this. Doesn't even seem like he said anything outrageous regarding Durant.

Fjordson

sports media is trash especially ESPN. he has every right to be.
Don't really agree with that. At least in this situation.

Sports media is often trash, but what Smith said was so simple and hardly outrageous. Getting angry over it seems kinda bizarre. Especially when it's someone who, like him or not not, has broken bigger stories than this.

statuez

Banned
durant answered a question asked by a reporter, he didn't forcefully go on twitter and respond to him.

stephen a smith is the one overreacting going on a 20 minute rant

Fjordson

To SAS's credit, he broke the Lebron to Miami story weeks in advance of the decision, when everyone thought it was CLE or NY

He didn't work for ESPN at the time, so i can only find the audio of it before it happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-gEfw0gq7Q

He obv ramps up his garbage for ESPN

e: i'm misremembering it was weeks, not months
He recently had the news about Brady destroying his cell phone and has had other stories in the past.

Again, I'm not a SAS fan, but the idea that he's maybe heard from someone that Durant is strongly considering Los Angeles is hardly ridiculous.

durant answered a question asked by a reporter, he didn't forcefully go on twitter and respond to him.

stephen a smith is the one overreacting going on a 20 minute rant
I was more talking about Durant as a whole with stuff like his weird "you guys really don't know shit" rant last season.

statuez

Banned
and his logic about how durant not signing an extension means he's right is so retarded

then he threatens durant about not making him an enemy?

he needs to get his head out of his ass

Cheebo

Banned
I am not a OKC guy or anything but I am really really curious to see the first OKC pre-season game to see if Durant is still actually Durant.

Fjordson

Just watched the Kyle Lowry highlights against the Clips, he looks really good. Dropping that weight seemed to help a lot.

MKG out for 6 months, shitty news. Sorry Hornets fans :(

They're so much better with him on the floor.
Heard about that a little while ago. Feel terrible for MKG / Charlotte fans.

Top Bottom