• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

zychi

Banned
durant answered a question asked by a reporter, he didn't forcefully go on twitter and respond to him.

stephen a smith is the one overreacting going on a 20 minute rant

he's on a tv show that wants ratings and sponsors. That's his job.

Whatever KD decides to do, I hope Russ follows him a year later. Whether it's staying in OKC, going home to DC, or going down to Hou to play with his boy Harden again.

My personal thought, pulled out of my ass, has been that he, Lebron and a third star will leave after this season and go to LAL, play with Kobe and try and get rings. New big 3, with Kobe taking the Ray Allen type role

Its intriguing to me that the Lakers look a lot better on paper this year as opposed to last.
Im thinking they could get 33 wins, but man I don't know if Byron is a good coach. I would much rather have Utah's coach. I always liked that dude, even when he was with Mizzo.

zychi

Banned
Its intriguing to me that the Lakers look a lot better on paper this year as opposed to last.
Im thinking they could get 33 wins, but man I don't know if Byron is a good coach. I would much rather have Utah's coach. I always liked that dude, even when he was with Mizzo.
If they were in the East, theyd easily make the playoffs

Having Byron Scott as a coach is a good move when your first round draft pick is top 3 protected.

Having Byron Scott as a coach is a good move when your first round draft pick is top 3 protected.

I'll see how he does in the regular season, but I have a bad feeling that Scott is going to bring us down again. But hey, top 3 draft pick!

Fucking Steve Nash trade. Fuck Stern, too.

On a more positive note, OMG Lakers basketball tomorrow!

Cheebo

Banned
Lakers need to tank and get another potential all star draft pick (just don't fall outside the top 3 obviously), Kobe may not like that for his final season but they need to be thinking of the post-Kobe rebuild. They just don't have the pieces to have a playoff team right now and a all-star free agent won't ever consider them till they are a more realistic contender.

Lakers need to tank and get another potential all star draft pick (just don't fall outside the top 3 obviously), Kobe may not like that for his final season but they need to be thinking of the post-Kobe rebuild. They just don't have the pieces to have a playoff team right now and a all-star free agent won't ever consider them till they are a more realistic contender.

It's too early for that. Lakers need to see what exactly they have without Kobe right now. Clarkson is promising. Randle and D'Angelo Russell haven't really been evaluated against live competition yet and Hibbert potentially can be a solid center. I think tanking is a bit premature. If anything, they need to get rid of Byron Scott and actually bring in a coach to properly develop the team. Hopefully Scott actually decides to value the 3 ball this season.

It's garbage time against an Italian team in pre-season and James Young still isn't doing anything.

Edit:

"Milano coach says they're is still jet-lagged from US trip (returned Mon.) & chose not to scout Celtics. Says they could've won. I disagree." - @Marc_DAmico

Curry!!!! https://twitter.com/theDYNAMICS/status/651390459546345472

I'll honestly weep for days if this man ever leaves Golden State.

GS would be absolutely stupid to give him up, and if he's not a franchise player like Kobe was for the Lakers or Wade was for the Heat for his entire career, something is wrong.

On another note, I don't know if this comes off as caring or kind of....eh, too personable remembering everybody's feelings on players and teams here, but...it's nice to see another GS fan who respects the Lakers and doesn't shit on us, because I'm getting tired of it.

Sandfox

I'd rather see the team do the best they can for the sake of development.

Loving the Wiz bench now, Nene is better suited as a backup center. Otto's a beast, Beal's midrange looks consistent now and Humphries extended his range to 3 pointers. Excited for this season.

Lakers about to give up 40 in a quarter. Business as usual.

The tank never stops
master-p-tank-o.gif

Remember the post I made last week about Listening to The Herd and Colin talking about rumors KD going to the Lakers next year? His source was
SAS

This makes me sad.

Yeah I know...but the man has had a ridiculously long career at this point. His legacy to me is going to be so strange. Rejecting superstardom for longevity ...

Warriors advise Livingston to fire away more 3-pointers

Livingston apparently has to do pushups for every open 3 pointer he passes up. Not sure how I feel about this but the coaching staff seems to have confidence in the work he put in. Livingston being able to hit 3's would significantly shore up our bench, though I feel like this team is still missing a proper slasher. I'm really hoping that Barnes takes the next step in his development this season. I feel like he has the tools to be a Shawn Marion type player on this team.

Line_HTX

I am sad. I never thought this moment would come for Vinsanity, but this rejection is inevitable...

This was not mentioned at all yesterday, but Gully State, I know you'll love this:

"I am the best player in the league. I believe that. I thought I was last year, too.

"Like I said, I'm not taking anything away from Steph, but I felt I deserved the Most Valuable Player. That stays with me.

"Look, this is a grind. That's why not a lot of players can be in this position. A lot of players think they want to be the man and they want to get all the attention. They want all of the positives, everything that comes with it. But they don't know how difficult it is to actually to be in this spot.

"So I'm excited now to hopefully have a full roster healthy for an entire season and see where that takes us. I'll put my team up against any other team in the league. Nobody is better and we're ready."

laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

I admit to getting outplayed and schooled, and I admit I was being a smug asshole when the playoffs started and going off about injustice without having full knowledge of at least the final month of the regular season. I apologize.

I am sad. I never thought this moment would come for Vinsanity, but this rejection is inevitable...

This was not mentioned at all yesterday, but Gully State, I know you'll love this:

"I am the best player in the league. I believe that. I thought I was last year, too.

"Like I said, I'm not taking anything away from Steph, but I felt I deserved the Most Valuable Player. That stays with me.

"Look, this is a grind. That's why not a lot of players can be in this position. A lot of players think they want to be the man and they want to get all the attention. They want all of the positives, everything that comes with it. But they don't know how difficult it is to actually to be in this spot.

"So I'm excited now to hopefully have a full roster healthy for an entire season and see where that takes us. I'll put my team up against any other team in the league. Nobody is better and we're ready."

laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

I admit to getting outplayed and schooled, and I admit I was being a smug asshole when the playoffs started and going off about injustice without having full knowledge of at least the final month of the regular season. I apologize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukWFmNWeF2s

I don't really have anything against Harden TBH...He honestly made a good case last year too. Obviously I'm biased towards Curry but I think the media and NBA fans at large overvalue the W's talent and undervalue the mismatch nightmare that Steph is.

On a completely unrelated topic.

Kobe called Julius Randle "Lamar Odom in Zach Randolph's body."

Khloe Kardashian got all hot and bothered from reading that tweet. I'm genuinely curious how good Randle is. Seeing him aggressively handle the ball off rebounds reminds me of a certain ex Warrior- Mr. Anthony Randolph...but the guy has size and some post skills. Hibbert/Randle frontcourt is an intriguing experiment.

jbug617

Banned
Derek Fisher and Matt Barnes got into a fight this past weekend. Speculation is because Fisher is going out with Barnes's ex wife.
Sources said Fisher was at the LA home of Gloria Govan — Barnes’ estranged wife, who stars on “Basketball Wives LA” — on Saturday. Fisher and Govan have been dating for “a few months,” a source said, after Fisher filed to divorce his wife of 10 years, Candace, in March.

But when Barnes learned that Fisher was at his former home with Gloria, he drove 95 miles to LA to “beat the s–t” out of Fisher, sources said.

“Derek was in Gloria’s back yard with about 10 people having a bonfire on Saturday,” said a source. “Derek’s separated from his wife and there’s a relationship with [Gloria].”

The source added, “Barnes was in Santa Barbara [at Memphis Grizzlies training camp] and heard that Fisher was in his house. He went crazy. He got in his car and went to the house and went after Fisher.”

Another source said, “Someone told Matt that Fisher was at the house and he drove down there — he went over to confront Derek.”
http://nypost.com/2015/10/07/matt-barnes-attacks-knicks-coach-fisher-for-dating-ex-wife/

The ex-wife
th

Top Bottom