• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
A GS fan may want to make a separate thread on this (if the Atlanta Braves stadium can get an OT thread, anything should be an option after all):

www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Warriors-formally-purchase-Mission-Bay-site-6566548.php

The Warriors announced Monday the team has formally acquired the 12-acre site of its future sports and entertainment complex in Mission Bay from Salesforce.

Terms of the deal were not announced.

The Warriors purchased an option on the private property in 2014, and have spent the past year and a half participating in a public planning process. Environmental review is expected to be completed this fall. The team plans to open the new arena in time for the 2018-19 NBA season.

“The Warriors are making an unprecedented, $1 billion-plus investment in San Francisco,” president and COO of the Warriors Rick Welts said. “We’re the only sports team in America doing this all with private funds, on private land, with no public subsidy.”

The arena is being built on a major metro rail line with easy links to BART and other transit options. The project will generate $40 million for transit improvements, and add millions to city coffers annually. Last week, UCSF, one of the major stakeholders in the area, announced its full support for the Warriors’ project. Also, on Thursday, the Mission Bay Citizens Advisory Committee, which was tasked with vetting the Warriors’ plans, voted unanimously to endorse the project.

The land in Mission Bay, a vacant lot on a former redevelopment area, has been slated for development for nearly 20 years.

The Warriors arena will provide San Francisco with an indoor venue it has always lacked, and will play host to not only NBA basketball, but also major concerts, family shows, conventions and a variety of other attractions.

My office is right across from the baseball park, so I get to deal with even more traffic/crowds during the MLB offseason? Bleh.

Artist renders:

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

Furyous

Someone needs to make the Cavs an eye opening trade offer for TT.
Kyrie shouldn't play more than 32 minutes every again in a game not a part of the conference or NBA finals.
Bron needs more help. Seriously get him another all-star because we know people will ask this question by at least midseason.

OT suggestions:

Can you beat the Warriors?
We are all witnesses.
Everyone has a big 3.
No blood, no bone, no ash
_____ needs more help
Free Melo
Free Bougie
Parity sucks
Got to give the people what they want

I'm in the market for a west coast team. Any suggestions? Leaning towards the Blazers, Suns, Clippers etc.

A GS fan may want to make a separate thread on this (if the Atlanta Braves stadium can get an OT thread, anything should be an option after all):

www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Warriors-formally-purchase-Mission-Bay-site-6566548.php

My office is right across from the baseball park, so I get to deal with even more traffic/crowds during the MLB offseason? Bleh.

Artist renders:

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

I'm intrigued how this stadium, alongside the Kings stadium, is going to be financed and how exactly is the stadium going to actually bring revenue to the city itself. It seems like the super local aspect of the stadium may at least create some new jobs. Can't forget about what sort of recreation and food businesses are going to make their way into the stadium and the area that surrounds it.

EDIT: I'm sure replacing the ugly area that currently houses the future site where would be a good thing by default. And it's right by a body of water? That could be an attractive recreation amenity.

I'm intrigued how this stadium, alongside the Kings stadium, is going to be financed and how exactly is the stadium going to actually bring revenue to the city itself. It seems like the super local aspect of the stadium may at least create some new jobs. Can't forget about what sort of recreation and food businesses are going to make their way into the stadium and the area that surrounds it.

In the article it states that the SF arena will be fully funded privately. I'm not sure how Sac arena will be funded. Not like they would impact each other anyways

Cheebo

Banned
I remember draft night everyone was shocked Winslow fell to 10th, especially Detroit taking Stanley Johnson over him.

Everyone has pretty much completely changed their tune after Winslow has had a so-so summer league and average rookie style pre-season while Johnson has had an incredible rookie of the year style start and blowing everyone away.

I remember draft night everyone was shocked Winslow fell to 10th, especially Detroit taking Stanley Johnson over him.

Everyone has pretty much completely changed their tune after Winslow has had a so-so summer league and average rookie style pre-season while Johnson has had an incredible rookie of the year style start and blowing everyone away.
I mean he's more raw than I thought he was (especially his jumper) but he's only 19 and his body is at least NBA ready...

I just hope he's not another Duke bust :(

Yay our first *preseason win

Pretty good comeback by the Heat. They're going to be formidable in the East once they can get all their pieces figured out. Just glad Bosh is healthy enough to be on the court. Blood clots in the lung are no joke.

As for the Spurs, I like some of what I was able to see on offense. Hopefully they can get back to a better 3pt shooting percentage because last year was terrible and I'd like to not see a retread of last year... New guys still seem a little raw, but this is preseason and Pop is going to experiment where he can.

Yeah, you can take BART and Caltrain to AT&T Park. Speaking of which, one of the benefits of playing at Oracle was that it's right at a BART stop and since Oracle/Oakland Coliseum are in the middle of nowhere, there's always ample parking. Gonna miss how convenient it is to catch a dubs game.

Awesome piece by Grantland's Kirk Goldsberry on why assisted buckets>>> unassisted buckets

The iconography surrounding the Jordan legacy might suggest that unassisted jumpers line the stairway to basketball heaven, but the realities of the Popovich/Kerr era tell us they decorate the road to perdition. As we set out for a new season and a new set of 200,000 shots, the numbers leave little doubt that the glory days of the unassisted midrange shot are over. Hero ball is dead. It’s gone the way of the skyhook. You say you want a revolution? Well, it’s already been televised.

In other news...

Melo says he's asked Knicks staff to call him out on film & in meetings when he slacks defensively to hold him accountable in front of team.

I get the impression Melo thinks he's a great defensive player.

My submission for NBA 2015-2016 IOTI- About to get paid in full

Furyous

My submission for NBA 2015-2016 IOTI- About to get paid in full

I second this motion. Maybe alter it to say I want allll my money. It's a quote from International icon Stephon Marbury.

i'm sure many teams would love to give something up for the privilege of paying TT 5/92

5/96 is what he wants, allegedly. Since this contract looks worse on paper* than it will in the future then we should trade TT now later. Sign and trade him along with Andy for another superstar later. Bron needs more help is the motto for the season. Get Lebron more help is what the Cavs need to do. I've got a few ideas on trade scenarios that would work.

* on paper means right today.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Doesn't sound good for Odom. Not only is he comatose, it's being reported that his heart, kidneys, and lungs are all failing.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Who needs defense when you're scoring 104ppg?

Always worked for Don Nelson's teams after all.

I went ahead and looked up teams that averaged over 100 points a game but still were outscored and this was the bunch that clustered together:

tZJkpS5.png

Yes, Boston technically scored more than they gave up. Close enough. ;)

Top Bottom