• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m1 minute ago
Hearing that the Heat now expect Luol Deng to opt for free agency and join Dwyane Wade on the open market come Wednesday

I wouldnt opt out if I was Deng.

Edit: Not a bad move either.. He might get less than $10 mill next season but at least he can get a longer deal.

Saw that Jordan is choosing between the Clippers and Mavericks, I've seen this story before with Dwight, congratulations Clips fans.

"Surprise from Miami: per agent Herb Rudoy, Luol Deng is opting in for next season with the Heat." -@DAldridgeTNT

Didn't see that one coming.

"The #OrlandoMagic have waived Ben Gordon." - @InsideHoops

I saw that one coming.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS 23s23 seconds ago
DeAndre Jordan to meet with Clippers, Lakers, Mavs and Knicks when the free-agency bell rings, league source says. "Slight edge" to Clips.

360_spitzer_0415.jpg

Marc Stein come hold this L

Bowser

To Heat's own surprise ... Luol Deng has decided to stay with Miami. Another break for the Heat after getting Winslow on draft night

"Another break"? lol I'm sure the Heat wished he would go away.

To Heat's own surprise ... Luol Deng has decided to stay with Miami. Another break for the Heat after getting Winslow on draft night

"Another break"? lol I'm sure the Heat wished he would go away.

Yeah, Deng hasn't been remotely the same player he was in Chicago. I guess he wants this season to help increase his value for next year with the tv deal coming. He played surprisingly good with Dragic in the transition game, but dude can't hit shots consistently. He plays like Wade nowadays.

Deng's only contribution is that he looked like a real player on that xmas game where we pushed it back into lebrons butt.

But i swear i cant remember anything else he did last season.

I guess i can deal for one more season.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 26s26 seconds ago
Knicks are frontrunners for two free agents -- Greg Monroe and Arron Afflalo, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Those are realistic targets.

lol 2016 Champs

"Sources say Nets execs believe there's a trade market for Deron Williams w/ belief that some teams think PG just needs a change of scenery" - @NotoriousOHM

WHO? Who actually believes Deron just needs a change of scenery?

Gigglepoo

Deng is the poster boy for why Thibs needed to be fired. He's a shell of who he once was. Still, it will be nice to have him around while Winslow waits in the wings.

"Sources say Nets execs believe there's a trade market for Deron Williams w/ belief that some teams think PG just needs a change of scenery" - @NotoriousOHM

no one, the Nets are just trying to push that narrative so that some unsuspecting team/Michael Jordan falls for him and his stupid contract and wants to deal.

ViciousDS

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 26s26 seconds ago
Knicks are frontrunners for two free agents -- Greg Monroe and Arron Afflalo, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Those are realistic targets.

lol 2016 Champs

not going to lie though, those are two great signings....however I can't imagine how that bench will still look.

I mean, it's fine to pass on that offer for a player like Winslow that looks to be ready to play. It's another thing to pass on it for Frank Kaminsky.

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 1m1 minute ago
Dwyane Wade will not pick up his player option for next year & instead become a free agent, source tells ESPN

"RealGM Sources: LaMarcus Aldridge planning free-agent meeting with Toronto; considering Houston Rockets sitdown." - @ShamsCharania

There's no way he ends up in Toronto right?

"RealGM Sources: LaMarcus Aldridge planning free-agent meeting with Toronto; considering Houston Rockets sitdown." - @ShamsCharania

There's no way he ends up in Toronto right?

It is an honor that he would consider us. I don't see the Celtics on the list so that is that. Believe in Masai.

dream

dIEHARD, probably.

Attention, rest of the league: Bismack is available.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 15m15 minutes ago
Sourcs: Charlotte has informed forward Bismack Biyombo that it won't tender a qualifying offer, making him an unrestricted free agent.

Bidding begins in mere hours. Form an orderly line and await your turn.

Jarate

Banned
Jahlil has been working pretty hard apparently in Delaware, Coach brown saying he's showing up to practice before he does

A lot of people questioned his work ethic, so its nice too see him already starting real well.

The Philadelphia Seventy-Centers might actually have a real scoring threat now which should help Jeremy Grants offense even more, and I look forward to seeing Canaan or Smith run the point and see what they can do with so much focus on Okafor down low, hopefully Noel can find a midrange game and Jahlil is able to score. If Jahlil is good, we might win over 20 games this year

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 17m17 minutes ago
Have I gotten over MJ taking Kaminsky over Boston's Godfather offer, or Winslow subsequently falling in Pat Freaking Riley's lap. Um... NO.

Man, I can't wait for Bill to start whatever he's doing next. I've missed his takes.

Top Bottom