• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Deng isn't what he used to be but he's still our best perimeter defender by far, a legitimate playoff 9 rotation player, and he'll be a great mentor to fellow Blue Devil Winslow. Two orders of business left for us, Wade and Dragic. Dragic is telling everyone he wants to stay, so that just really leaves Wade.

Kickz

LA to Tdot would be very interesting, lets see Masai work his magic.

Saw that Jordan is choosing between the Clippers and Mavericks, I've seen this story before with Dwight, congratulations Clips fans.

Highly doubting he leaves a contender with a billionaire crazy owner willing to spend.

LA to Tdot would be very interesting, lets see Masai work his magic.

Highly doubting he leaves a contender with a billionaire crazy owner willing to spend.

There's been talk of a rift between Jordan and CP3/BLake because DeAndre feels like he should be a more focal part of the offense and wants to get more shine.

Tbh I think they get both. That Russell pick was so smart, gives 'em a ton of flexibility going forward.

They don't have the assets to get DMC, especially not without dealing Russell. Still either LMA or Jordan would make me a happy camper. Would be nice if we could somehow shed Nick Young's worthless ass too to free up some salary to add another guy, someone like Danny Green or maybe Tyson Chandler at a discount, while still leaving enough cap space to make a run at Durant next offseason.

Bowser

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 31m31 minutes ago
Spurs contingent is scheduled to meet with free agent forward LaMarcus Aldridge in L.A. on July 1 after arriving Tuesday, sources told Yahoo

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 29m29 minutes ago
Spurs coach Gregg Popovic, forward Tim Duncan & guard Tony Parker expected to attend LaMarcus Aldridge meeting, a source told Yahoo Sports.

2352036-9320081384-i9pJQ.gif

Bowser

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 2m2 minutes ago
So, LaMarcus visit order again, starting Tue at 9 PDT: LAL, HOU, SA, PHO, DAL, TOR, NYK. (No need 2 meet with POR; they're already offered.)

Deng is the poster boy for why Thibs needed to be fired. He's a shell of who he once was. Still, it will be nice to have him around while Winslow waits in the wings.

Lol I couldn't believe it when I read Deng was 30. Wow he looks and plays like a much older gentleman lol.

"RealGM Sources: LaMarcus Aldridge planning free-agent meeting with Toronto; considering Houston Rockets sitdown." - @ShamsCharania

There's no way he ends up in Toronto right?

Probably not. But worth checking out.
-awesome liveable city (not just talking downtown either)
-privacy (not everyone wants to play in their home state, pressure, etc)
-country wide marketing opportunities (even Bargnianni got a pasta commercial lol)
-close team culture, family like
-weak east conference forwards, can prolong a career
-49 win team that would embrace him at his position
-he would be "the man" but still have Lowry and derozan take the pressure off

But cons are huge too. Spurs have winning culture. Mavs are fearless. Houston would be in west finals with or without him.

Don't see knicks and Lakers though. Knicks are rebuilding. Lake show is too similar to Portland (already has an overshadowing star, won't break 50 wins).

Houston (if they can pay him) and Toronto are best fits for him. Maybe spurs too but if Duncan and tony take paycuts to play there, in order to win, will LMA?

I'd kind of like Ainge to throw a gigantic contract his way just to fuck with the Heat a bit but I'd be worried that he'd accept it.

yup i'd have no problem with it if we aren't getting a Jordan/Butler type talent.
Lol yall can have him then

Enjoy having him in a suit for about 40% of the season

If I were Wade I would consider playing in China. He seems pretty popular there, has a shoe deal with Li-ning, and some Chinese team is willing to pay what he wants

Team to watch regarding Bismack Biyombo's unrestricted free agency: Toronto Raptors.

Well this is disappointing. Lakers you guys need a big man don't you? Lol Biyombo will contribute more than Howard did for your team. Lol

Bowser

"Tobias Harris is looking for a max or near-max offer sheet since cap is set to rise. If he gets a large enough offer, Orlando may not match."

Lol wat

"Tobias Harris is looking for a max or near-max offer sheet since cap is set to rise. If he gets a large enough offer, Orlando may not match."

Lol wat

I thought that was expected. Players like him are going to get huge deals now since they'll take up a smaller percentage of the cap in a year.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Yeah, go ring chase with a core that rarely stays healthy at the same time, and will have to shave depth to even get you, Aldridge. Oh, and Duncan and Pop might be done in a year or two...

Smart move.

Yeah, go ring chase with a core that rarely stays healthy at the same time, and will have to shave depth to even get you, Aldridge. Oh, and Duncan and Pop might be done in a year or two...

Smart move.

I agree, he should go play with a washed up Kobe Bryant and a bunch of rookies for Byron Scott.

Smart move.

Going to a rebuilding Lakers with an overpaid done Kobe Bryant, with Byron Scott as the head coach, and no center that can help you in the frontcourt is sure to put a smile on his face.
Well done LyleLanley, reinforcing similar thoughts. Lakers gonna lake.

Going to a rebuilding Lakers with an overpaid done Kobe Bryant, with Byron Scott as the head coach, and no center that can help you in the frontcourt is sure to put a smile on his face.
Well done LyleLanley, reinforcing similar thoughts. Lakers gonna lake.

Well he's taking the meeting with LA first so obviously something about the Lakers intrigues him.

Word I hear is that Wes Matthews (@wessywes2) is ahead of schedule on his Achilles rehab and drawing interest from Toronto as well as Dallas

Nice. I hope Mavs get one of the other top FAs like DJ, so we can get Matthews. Scared for the asking price though. 15 million per year yikes.

Fjordson

writers saying Draymond is meeting with Golden State tomorrow to try and get something done quick. Rumors he's going below max to help GS.

Draymond is life.

Probably not. But worth checking out.
-awesome liveable city (not just talking downtown either)
-privacy (not everyone wants to play in their home state, pressure, etc)
-country wide marketing opportunities (even Bargnianni got a pasta commercial lol)
-close team culture, family like
-weak east conference forwards, can prolong a career
-49 win team that would embrace him at his position
-he would be "the man" but still have Lowry and derozan take the pressure off

But cons are huge too. Spurs have winning culture. Mavs are fearless. Houston would be in west finals with or without him.

Don't see knicks and Lakers though. Knicks are rebuilding. Lake show is too similar to Portland (already has an overshadowing star, won't break 50 wins).

Houston (if they can pay him) and Toronto are best fits for him. Maybe spurs too but if Duncan and tony take paycuts to play there, in order to win, will LMA?

Can't see the Rockets having the money to get him, but if we did...

TTG

writers saying Draymond is meeting with Golden State tomorrow to try and get something done quick. Rumors he's going below max to help GS.

Draymond is life.

Smart. I was shouted down when I said Draymond possibly doesn't merit the max and was subsequently shouted down. This is good news for everyone involved if true.

Carmelo reached out to Kristaps on Saturday; Porzingis uncertain for summer league opener due to hip 'tightness'

Phil saving his secret weapon for regular season.

What would Wade get in the open market? No one is going to give him the +20 million a year he probably wants from the Heat and he might not even get the 16 million he was guaranteed for next season. He hasn't played a complete season in years and hasn't really adjusted his game for his age. Dude's longball still stinks, maybe stinks now more than ever before, and he doesn't have the legs under him to finish at the basket like he used to.

The heat are willing to overpay him for his years of service, maybe not overpay him like he wants but they'll throw him some green. I just don't see what the market would offer him in money and in being competitive that anyone other than the Heat couldn't match or exceed.

But whatever, the dude has a right to test the market and maybe it's for the best of both parties that he does so.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
If we strike out with DJ (likely) and LMA (also likely) I really hope we can grab Tyson Chandler along with either Danny Green or Demarre Carroll. We have the money for it I believe. Also, Tyson is from Cali and has a good history with Scott.

I would be damn happy with this and call this off-season a success if it happens. Getting Durant would be much more of a long shot though.. we would have to make the playoffs with this squad and play well to convince him. But even then...

One thing is for damn sure: If Aldridge goes to SA, and then Jordan goes to the Mavs through a sign and trade with Chandler going to Clips, I will flip a god damn table. :|

Bowser

Sounds like for SA to get LMA they're going to have to let go of Green...that would suck, I think Green is most valuable in SA. Hope he gets a fat deal though, he deserves it:

Zach Lowe said:
Aldridge is an especially interesting case who could tilt the balance of power in the Western Conference. Executives have been whispering for months that San Antonio is his preferred destination, and the Spurs could clear room by re-signing Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili on the cheap; trading Tiago Splitter; and letting Danny Green walk (They’d have to let Green walk, because every outgoing free agent carries a charge on his team’s books — a “cap hold” — linked to his prior salary. If a team wants a free agent’s Bird rights, and the right to re-sign that player while over the cap, they have to keep that charge on the books. To fit Aldridge, the Spurs would have to renounce their Bird rights on Green, clear that cap hold, and lose the right to re-sign him once at the cap.)

Top Bottom