• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Hopefully the Cavs amnesty Varejao, assuming they resign Thompson. There's only room for one rebounder with no offensive skill.

Tom Penny

There's been some talk that Love may have been scared by this shoulder injury and might just take a max deal now, but yeah most likely he does the opt out thing again too. The guys that do that are going to make monster fucking money.

This shit sums it up. Some players like Tobias Harris and Greg Monroe are going to get overpaid by like the Celtics or Knicks and make the teams looks idiotic but they will have average salaries because in a year Max is jumping to 21-25+ million

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/projecting-2015-2016-max-salary-tiers/

This shit sums it up. Some players like Tobias Harris and Greg Monroe are going to get overpaid by like the Celtics or Knicks and make the teams looks idiotic but they will have average salaries because in a year Max is jumping to 21-25+ million

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/projecting-2015-2016-max-salary-tiers/

I read Monroe's agent and Phil Jackson are friends or something. And Monroe wants to be in New York as one of his destinations. Monroe to the Knicks is a done deal. Can't believe Stan didn't trade Monroe at trade deadline. SVG the GM is as bad as Doc the GM. Fuck coaches having control of basketball operations.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
That gif. Feel bad for him man, he probably thought he was going to be a Laker based on the reports and how high the Lakers were on him. With Isaiah Canaan as your starting PG. 76ers will continue probably be at the bottom of the East again. I hope they never get that superstar they want in the draft. Continue to loop in mediocrity.

He didn't drop it on the floor like the original gif suggests, but yeah, he salty about Philly.

https://vine.co/v/eJXEQBMTxzL

I'm hearing from multiple sources that the Celtics would be willing to part with Phil Pressey for Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook. No word yet on how the Thunder feel about such an offer.

I'm hearing from multiple sources that the Celtics would be willing to part with Phil Pressey for Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook. No word yet on how the Thunder feel about such an offer.

Danny is the one who is actually getting cold feet about the deal. Supposedly he thinks Durant is "too tall" and has doubts about how he will fit in with their system.

CImhyvIXAAAHuup.jpg

Raptors 905 D-League team logo to revealed. Don't know they bought a D-league affiliate, they are already have one known as the Toronto Raptors.

Danny is the one who is actually getting cold feet about the deal. Supposedly he thinks Durant is "too tall" and has doubts about how he will fit in with their system.

All indications point towards Ainge backing out of the deal because, from the words of one unnamed executive in the Celtics organization, "He feels that Durant shoots too well and therefore would not fit in with the culture Ainge is trying to promote within the organization."

Gigglepoo

LeBron wants as much power as possible. By opting out, he dangled the threat of leaving over Gilbert's head, and won't re-sign until they do exactly what he wants.

Gilbert could play chicken with LeBron, though. There's no way he could abandon the Cavs again.

LeBron wants as much power as possible. By opting out, he dangled the threat of leaving over Gilbert's head, and won't re-sign until they do exactly what he wants.

Gilbert could play chicken with LeBron, though. There's no way he could abandon the Cavs again.

Lebron can certainly abandon the Cavs. Dan Gilbert has no power in this situation.

"There have been rumblings from league sources that the Knicks may pursue free agent Jeremy Lin this summer. No word what they would offer." - @AlexKennedyNBA

That should make Melo happy after they drafted Porzingis.

Tom Penny

It is being reported that the Cavs expected to sign Kevin Love months ago to 5-year $110-million deal. There is a possibility he could sign a 1 - and - 1, giving him the maximum salary for next year with a player option the following season. Sam Amico is reporting that the Cavaliers hope to trade Brendan Haywood 10.5 million contract quickly after July 1.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
If the Lakers sign LMA, which is looking good, dude has to play center. Our defense overall would be mediocre as hell, if we're lucky, but God damn could this team get buckets. We will be fun to watch I know that much.

If the Lakers sign LMA, which is looking good, dude has to play center. Our defense overall would be mediocre as hell, if we're lucky, but God damn could this team get buckets. We will be fun to watch I know that much.

Yeah that would be a downside. Good defensive centers to complement LMA don't grow on trees. It's what makes a part of me put DeAndre right up with there with LMA in terms of potential FAs, rather than as a Plan B. Maybe we can get Tyson Chandler on the cheap if Dallas decides to move on from him?

So at Dirks charity baseball game, Dez got on the PA system and told fans to get on social media to persuade DJ and LMA to join the Mavs while Tyson was there :p

Suns are planning to sign Brandon Knight to a max deal and then look into trading Eric Bledsoe.

Report: Suns to sign Brandon Knight to five-year, $70 million deal

The Racine Journal-Times reports that the Phoenix Suns are planning to sign Brandon Knight to a five-year, $70 million deal, which would be the max for the young guard out of Kentucky coming off his rookie deal. That's a lot of change.

That Suns will seriously explore their Eric Bledsoe trade options if they indeed strikes the deal w/B-Knight that @GeryWoelfel is reporting

Edit:

In other news:

"Spotted hanging out with Chandler Parsons and DeAndre Jordan in LA this week: free agent SG Wesley Matthews." - @ESPN_Macmahon

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Yeah that would be a downside. Good defensive centers to complement LMA don't grow on trees. It's what makes a part of me put DeAndre right up with there with LMA in terms of potential FAs, rather than as a Plan B. Maybe we can get Tyson Chandler on the cheap if Dallas decides to move on from him?
Plan A should be Deandre. He would be a perfect fit for this team. Plan B should be Aldridge.

If Both Deandre and LA decide to pass I would go hard after Tyson and Danny Green. Shit, If Tyson wasn't 32 that would be my plan A...

Aldridge to LA is looking good?
That's what the word is. It's not definitive, nothing is, but We are in a decent position to take him. Spurs and Mavs have housecleaning to do and deals that need signing. The Lakers not so much.

That's what the word is. It's not definitive, nothing is, but We are in a decent position to take him. Spurs and Mavs have housecleaning to do and deals that need signing. The Lakers not so much.

It makes sense financially but I haven't heard any rumors yet about him wanting to go to LA, so far everything I've read points towards SA being his most likely landing spot.

Lebron having clandestine meetings is great

What I find funny is how he's sitting under the main tent like you would see a sultan or king do in old period piece films :p

edit: Eh personally I don't want LMA or DJ for the Mavs, I would rather just take Tyson back despite his age. DJ's FT shooting becomes a major liability in the playoffs and LMA doesn't fit with the Mavs unless they can resign Tyson with him. LMA needs a true 5 to play with. Dirk starting at the 4 again and LMA at the 5 would be a disaster on defense.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Man, the more I think about Aldridge playing C here, the more I like the idea (offensively). He would open the floor up for guys like Clarkson and Randle who fucking LOVE getting in the paint.

Again, the only problem is D. Even at our absolute best I don't think we can be anything but ever so slightly above average. Our offense would have to carry us big time; which I don't foresee being a problem unless Kobe decides to Jack it up. I just don't see that happening though. If Kobe plays the decoy/facilitator role and only shoots on 1v1 match ups, then the sky is the limit on offense.

Is it the first of July yet? :(

Report: Rockets to offer Sergio Llull three years, $21 million

I'm a little out of loop on this guy. Can anyone explain his value and if we could get him AND keep most of our players? Sounds like the dude mostly likes it where he is right now.

From what I understand, Josh Smith likes it in Houston and is getting paid by Pistons, so he may decide to go under, which is required.

Jason Terry is probably coming back from what I understand

Don't know what's going on with Brewer.

Beverley is restricted, but I think is most likely to leave, if the Rockets get another PG and the Mavs get serious about getting him (Parsons is slowly going to bring the full Rockets team over to the Mavs at this rate.)

jbug617

Banned
Memphis and Brooklyn talked about a Joe Johnson trade.

@ESPNSteinLine: Story going online now: ESPN sources say Nets and Grizzlies recently discussed a Joe Johnson-to-Memphis trade

@ESPNSteinLine: Sources say teams could not find workable trade framework, but Nets came away encouraged they'll ultimately find trade taker for J-Johnson

ViciousDS

Banned
Butler is seeking 1 year deal for Lakers.....I'm glad bulls can match......but I wonder how much they are going to have to.

fuck....why doesn't butler want to stay in Chicago. Did that whole spurt between him and Rose really cause that much drama in the playoffs when Rose kept feeding him the ball. I mean butler was like 3 of 16 shooting and just kept demanding the ball during that Cleveland game at home.

edit: also how the hell would they work him in on a rotation in LA? Move him to SF? He alone could make up for the defense on LA.

I believe Wade and Deng have till midnight today to opt in. We all know Wade aint gonna opt in but i'd love to rid ourselves of Deng, who hasn't been the same since the Bulls botched his spinal tap. I'd love to move away from Deng given that he's not worth the $10 hit he would take if he opts in, but i don't even know that the Heat could do anything with that money so long as they have Chalmers and Birdman on contract and little to no cap room.

They also decided to pass on Beasley again, for the third time. Dude did ok for us at times last season but boy he was a bust.

Butler is seeking 1 year deal for Lakers.....I'm glad bulls can match......but I wonder how much they are going to have to.

fuck....why doesn't butler want to stay in Chicago. Did that whole spurt between him and Rose really cause that much drama in the playoffs when Rose kept feeding him the ball. I mean butler was like 3 of 16 shooting and just kept demanding the ball during that Cleveland game at home.

edit: also how the hell would they work him in on a rotation in LA? Move him to SF? He alone could make up for the defense on LA.

I don't get what his deal is. I could understand him wanting to leave when the offense didn't flow through him, and Thibs worked him into the ground, but with a new scheme, I would hope he would try to gel in. Oh well.

I hope he sticks around. We need all the offense we can get.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
It's really damn annoying that we have all this money to spend but many players that could make the Lakers legit good again are fucking RFA's...

Jimmy Butler wants to sign a 1-year deal with the Lakers, but he can't

The most important provision is that other teams must sign Butler for at least three seasons with no options. The Lakers therefore cannot sign Butler to a one-year contract and they can't even sign Butler to a deal with an opt-out after the second year like Dallas did with Chandler Parsons last summer.

Therefore -- assuming the Bulls exercise the Maximum Qualifying Offer and assuming they'll match any offer sheet -- the only real way Butler could leave Chicago and sign with L.A. in the near future is if he takes the one-year, $4.4 million tender from Chicago and becomes an unrestricted free agent in 2016. Butler would surely have multiple teams offering him a maximum contract then, and he'd have much more freedom to leave Chicago. That deal would also be worth millions more than it is now due to the salary cap's jump.

Top Bottom