• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

It can't be said enough. LOL, Knicks.

"At No. 4, expect that the Knicks draft pick will be very available in trade talks." - @WojYahooNBA

How will the Knicks fuck this up even more?

CFaRYTxVEAERSnB.jpg

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Shiiiiiiiet

Lakers starting 5 next year could possibly be:

Clarkson
Kobe
Jimmy Butler / Tobias Harris
Julias Randell
Towns / Jahill

if anything, it'll be fun to watch...

KingJ2002

Wow... this draft is more exciting than the playoffs! What a slide for New York!

How i see the top 3 rounding out

1. Timbs = Okafor
2. Lakers = Anthony-Towns
3. Philly = Mudiay

Definitely think New York will trade that pick for a Vet knowing they're not getting one of the top bigs. I expect New York to be a playoff ready team next season.

Wow... this draft is more exciting than the playoffs! What a slide for New York!

How i see the top 5 rounding out

1. Timbs = Okafor
2. Lakers = Anthony-Town
3. Philly = Mudiay

Definitely think New York will trade that pick for a Vet knowing they're not getting one of the top bigs. I expect New York to be a playoff ready team next season.

mjlaugh.gif

Yeah, I don't think they have a shot in hell to make the playoffs. The teams that made they playoffs, are just going to get better, and the Pacers/Heat should be healthy going into next year.

Even if the East turns out to be as bad as it was this year, the Knicks are not going to win 35-40 games :lol

Shiiiiiiiet

Lakers starting 5 next year could possibly be:

Clarkson
Kobe
Jimmy Butler / Tobias Harris
Julias Randell
Towns / Jahill

if anything, it'll be fun to watch...

Jimmy Butler isn't going anywhere.

I'm sure they'll try and move the pick but what difference maker could they actually get out of a trade? If they had more assets I'd say they could attempt to pry Cousins away from the Kings, but the #4 pick alone isn't doing that.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Okafor and Towns agents could easily tell Minny to not pick them.
And then what? They hold out and have to wait 3 more years to play professional basketball?

The Wolves won the lottery for the first time in their existence, and not even two hours later people are already figuring out how it isn't gonna work out.

I don't think it's gonna work out but jesus christ.

And then what? They hold out and have to wait 3 more years to play professional basketball?

The Wolves won the lottery for the first time in their existence, and not even two hours later people are already figuring out how it isn't gonna work out.

I don't think it's gonna work out but jesus christ.

Yeah, as much as I'm sure that both Okafor and Towns would rather be in LA there's no way they can really force their way out of Minnesota.

I'm sure they'll try and move the pick but what difference maker could they actually get out of a trade? If they had more assets I'd say they could attempt to pry Cousins away from the Kings, but the #4 pick alone isn't doing that.
They could still get a top talent at #4, I hope they don't trade the pick. Guess we'll find out if Dolan will again be a shithead and listen to Isiah or something.

They could still get a top talent at #4, I hope they don't trade the pick. Guess we'll find out if Dolan will again be a shithead and listen to Isiah or something.

I agree, Russell or Mudiay have the potential to be special players and the smart move would be to keep the pick and take one of those guys. That's why the Knicks will end up trading it for Joe Johnson or something.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
If the Wolves take Towns, it's possible the Lakers take Russell. I don't think the 6ers would take Okafor, so it's posssssible Okafor drops to 4.

KingJ2002

Cousins isn't going anywhere... they're too close to playoff contention to let him go. With Melo healthy and cap room to offer lucrative contracts... NY can sign a competent starting 5.

I don't see the bucks or boston back in the playoffs next year if the Pacers & Heat remain healthy... which leaves the door open for New York to work their way back in. I think Phil can build a team of free agents around Melo and get back to the playoffs. They only have Melo, Calderon, Early & Hardaway Jr. locked up... a lot of good role players will be available. As for who they would get with that 4th pick... I have absolutely no clue.

Mxrz

How are the Knicks, and the Lakers, still bad.

Largest markets. Biggest TV deals. Can afford to spend the most. The cap increases should benefit them even more. Both have been bad long enough that they shouldn't have any shitty contracts left after Melo/Kobe.

Shitty management doesn't seem like enough.

Wasn't around to post here live during the lottery. Went to the sixers draft lottery party at a buffalo wild wings. Never have I seen that many people get together and get hype for the lottery lol.

Was funny to see the knicks fall out of the top three. Not too bummed that the sixers didn't move up; I think they're in a good position for the draft. I was just glad the lakers didn't get 1 :D

We'll see...

maybe I'm feeling myself too much after tonights glorious events.. but we'll see.

The Thibs departure is going to be controversial enough, there's no chance they don't match any offer Butler gets. The Bulls make mad money, the cap is about to jump, and he's 25. He had a higher PER this season than Rose has had in any season besides his MVP year and he just held Lebron to 35% shooting over 6 games. There will be riots in Chicago if they don't match.

Would it be worth it to trade their pick and, say, someone like Gibson, to move up four or five or maybe eight spots to get someone like local star Kaminsky or teammate Sam Dekker? Gibson’s name has come up nationally in conjecture as perhaps the player, if not likely to be traded, then most speculated upon. (Sam Smith)

Would this be a good move (Kaminsky)? Better yet, is it even remotely possible? I've read good things, but I don't watch college ball.

He's Kelly Olynyk.

Pretty much. He's good for a few solid games but he's not going to significantly change a teams future.

Somehow the celtics are going to end up with a Kaminsky and Olynyk front court and I'm going to drink myself into oblivion.

Talon

Pretty much. He's good for a few solid games but he's not going to significantly change a teams future.

Somehow the celtics are going to end up with a Kaminsky and Olynyk front court and I'm going to drink myself into oblivion.
Which front court allows more uncontested shots at the rim?

Kaminsky - Olynyk or Okafor - Randle?

xHiryu

Would it be worth it to trade their pick and, say, someone like Gibson, to move up four or five or maybe eight spots to get someone like local star Kaminsky or teammate Sam Dekker? Gibson’s name has come up nationally in conjecture as perhaps the player, if not likely to be traded, then most speculated upon. (Sam Smith)

Would this be a good move (Kaminsky)? Better yet, is it even remotely possible? I've read good things, but I don't watch college ball.

If were moving up I say get a wing player or a backup PG. Personally I think someone like Jerian Grant would be a great backup PG for Rose, but for wing players, I'd say Dekker or Oubre if hes available.

I pm'd a mod for a title change but there was no response. Who should I be contacting?\

Just need it changed to

"2015 NBA OFFSEASON Thread |OT|- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks"

Wade might leave Heat? I mean clearly they are apart when trying to get a contract negotiated. Dragic ain't going to take a paycut, so this is truly interesting off-season for them.

Wade is just trying to make the $10 million he lost by opting out last summer. I can't see any other team besides Miami paying him $20 million a year, especially with him being so injury prone.

I hope he stays, I don't know if I could deal with D Wade playing for another team :(

Edit: I guess if D Wade leaves, then the Cavs will surpass the Knicks as my most hated sports team.

Top Bottom