• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Fjordson

We did it! I'll miss basketball, but what a season.

CHumOZiUAAAIaYx.jpg

I'm curious if Denver will try to trade Lawson or keep him. After the mutiny the players performed because they couldn't have their way, I wouldn't mind if they cleaned house.

Shams Charania of RealGM, is reporting that the Lakers, Knicks, Nets and Kings will be among the team looking to sign the reigning Sixth Man of the year this summer.

Lou Williams could demand 9 mil per year apparently, due to cap changes happening. JR Smith might get paid same range as well. Question is who pays JR?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Warriors to help find David Lee a new team:

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...e-likely-return-golden-state-warriors-sources

Sources said the Warriors have privately acknowledged to Lee and his agent, Mark Bartelstein, that it would be unfair to the former All-Star to ask him to continue to serve in a limited role next season after Lee accepted his diminished minutes without complaint all season.

Although discussions on this topic were essentially tabled by both sides until after the playoffs, sources said Wednesday that the Warriors and Bartelstein have resolved to work together to "come up with a good solution" to find a new home for Lee this offseason.

Lee, 32, lost his starting spot to Draymond Green early in the season due to bad timing as much as anything else, as he suffered a hamstring injury after a strong showing in training camp. Once the 67-win Warriors launched to a 21-2 start with Green as the starter, Lee was forced to settle for spot minutes in the midst of the fifth season of a six-year, $80 million deal he signed with Golden State in the summer of 2010.

Scheduled to earn $15.4 million next season, Lee earned a measure of redemption in the midst of the NBA Finals when Warriors coach Steve Kerr suddenly embraced small-ball lineups after Golden State could only manage a split at home in the first two games. Lee served as the first big man off Kerr's bench in Games 3, 4 and 5.

Pimpwerx

Yo Heat Nation:

Whiteside on small ball, "They're going to have to guard me, too, down there, I'm a little different from Mozgov. I can score a lot better."

Whiteside on Heat roster uncertainty: 'I just believe in Pat Riley'

Whiteside on Heat roster flux, "You're going to want to have a Heat jersey next season. That's all I'm going to say."

Big fella says we got this. PEACE.

The M.O.B

Is Pilon still around? If so congrats to that dude. He was single handedly holding down Warriors Nation for as long as I've known.

But yo, start flashing those rings around Riles, we need morreeeeee!

Heat Gaf what's yall take on this Wade fuckery situation? I think there's a good chance that he'll opt out and peace out. LeBatard talked about this yesterday. Both sides have legit arguements. Wade rightfully wants to be paid and the Heat need to have cap flexibility for 2016. I just can't imagine Wade in another team'a jersey but if it means that our future isn't handcuffed by crazy courtesy contracts *cough* Lakers *cough* then I'll probably swallow that initial emotional hit.

Heat Gaf what's yall take on this Wade fuckery situation? I think there's a good chance that he'll opt out and peace out. LeBatard talked about this yesterday. Both sides have legit arguements. Wade rightfully wants to be paid and the Heat need to have cap flexibility for 2016. I just can't imagine Wade in another team'a jersey but if it means that our future isn't handcuffed by crazy courtesy contracts *cough* Lakers *cough* then I'll probably swallow that initial emotional hit.

Yeah emotionally it sucks to see him go, but I would really hate to sign him to a Kobe like contract. Especially since it would hurt our chance at signing KD next year.

I don't think any other team is going to pay him what he wants, but he may very well end up taking less and leaving to go to another contender. To be honest, I would be okay with him going home to Chicago or maybe a team in the west like the Spurs. If he goes to the Knicks or Cavs, I will be pretty mad though.

To be honest, I feel like signing Dragic should be our top priority, and I hope that the drama with Wade doesn't affect that.

effzee

Embiid apparently had a "setback" with his foot, although people are saying its just not healing as fast as it was supposed too.

If Embiid becomes Oden 2.0 im gonna be a sad sad dude

We can tank in the East until LeBron retires and then make a real move!

Sign Wade for 1yr/23M so he's the highest paid player on the team for the first time in his career. Come back next season and tell him to take the Tim Duncan deal or kick rocks. Especially if he doesn't finish the full season again.

While I love Wade, we've all seen what a swan song contract does to a team with what's happening to Kobe and the Lakers. So ideally next season is where wade gets his last fat contract and then he needs to either accept that with a diminished role comes a diminished contract or test the market like Zo did back in the day. Wade was a huge part of our 3 rings, I can't ever hate on him but the last thing i'd want is for the Heat to become Knicks/Lakers irrelevant.

MickeyPhree

While I love Wade, we've all seen what a swan song contract does to a team with what's happening to Kobe and the Lakers. So ideally next season is where wade gets his last fat contract and then he needs to either accept that with a diminished role comes a diminished contract or test the market like Zo did back in the day. Wade's was a huge part of our 3 rings, I can't ever hate on him but the last thing i'd want is for the Heat to become Knicks/Lakers irrelevant.

Exactly how I feel. This man helped bless our team with three chips and will never forget what he's done for us. But, at this point in his career, to have his legacy contract possibly cripple our team for multiple seasons....not happening.

Pretty funny article on the top 3 draft prospects on Grantland by Russillo with some anonymous scouts talking about them. Pretty candid...here's a couple of funny bits about Okafor:

I thought he was one of the worst defensive players I’ve scouted. I’ve seen him in practice, Nike Hoop Summit, and watched him all year. You can put on any Duke game, and if the commentator had a brain — like [Jay] Bilas — they would talk about it. Like … holy shit. Look at some of the games they lost. The Miami game at home — they exposed this guy, play after play.

My point about Okafor is that all that shit you can get away with at Duke, playing Georgia Tech who fucking blows, and BC — they stink — you can get away with it. When it’s nut-cracking time he revs it up, and I get all of that. There are very few nights off in our league. Sacramento blows, but if you don’t show up to play them, [DeMarcus] Cousins and Rudy Gay will fucking beat your ass.

A man must get paid and become a Cavalier.

Fjordson

Cavs should get a backup point guard. A legit one. Kyrie's great, but he's been plagued by health issues just about every year. Shit even at Duke he played like what, 9 games?

Hearing Sacremento and Denver discussing a Demarcus Cousins deal. A pipe dream but if Sac-Town was willing to deal Cousins, they could have anyone they want on the Denver roster.

Cavs should get a backup point guard. A legit one. Kyrie's great, but he's been plagued by health issues just about every year. Shit even at Duke he played like what, 9 games?

Cavs need a backup PG and a backup SF. Add a backup SG to that is JR does not return.

Depth in the front court is perfect when everyone is healthy. backcourt is thin as hell. While LBJ usually remains pretty healthy, he certainly should not have to be playing so many minutes. A decent SF gives him real rest. Too bad we're not in the market for Lou Williams for some reason.

I was able to...uh...get more than half off of Basketball shorts at Just Sports. So....see if there is one near you.

I basically payed like thirty bucks for shorts that normally cost 65. I just hope that The Lakers will release the sleeved Hollywood Nights jerseys sometimes, as in replica versions. Don't faze them out!

Furyous

Jesus fuck I'm miserable.

Is this what it feels like to have the post-season blues?

Your team is a strong position moving forward with KobeGOAT, Julius, D'Angelo Russell (possibly), Clarkson, and pieces moving forward. All you need is Thibs to come through as HC or defensive assistant.

----

I'M STILL PARTYING AFTER THE CAVS NBA FINALS PERFORMANCE. Yes, we didn't win the series but we won THE FIRST TWO FINALS GAMES IN FRANCHISE HISTORY.

CavsGAF let's huddle for a minute:

Lebron the GM has to go. FIRE HIM TONIGHT. We remember Larry Hughes...

Lebron the coach can fuck off as well. What's with him undermining Blatt? Matter of fact someone block him from sectioning off the offense next season. Lebron stays undermining a GM or coach. He didn't disrespect Paul Silas because Paul's old man strength would've kept him in check.

Tristan can walk for a max contract. If you want to pay max money for a lesser version of Dennis Rodman then go ahead.

Delly stays and never pays for drinks in Cleveland again. Someone send him the JJ Barea wiki page...

If we're going over the luxury tax threshold then why not court Lamarcus? Might as well swing for the fences and convince him to sign a one year deal. This way he becomes a free agent possibly coming off a playoff appearance.

JR Smith can walk for any more than $7.5 mill per season.

If the Raptors opt to move on from Demar I've got a trade proposal: Demar for KLove or Demar for Tristan in a sign and trade. How about Demar for Haywood's expiring and Andy?

Can someone sell me on OLD, WASHED UP DWADE? What am I missing outside of madmaking? FTR, DWade belongs in Miami. Leaving for Cleveland might get him kicked out of the Miami mafia as some sports personality like Stugotz might refer to it.

Draft wise I'm happy with RJ Hunter, Hollis-Jefferson, Rashad Vaughn, or Jerian Grant.

Under the radar free agents I want: Alan Anderson because of defense, Will Barton as a JR replacement, Biyombo for defense, Jerebko because of shooting, KJ Mcdaniels because of defense, or. Kevin Seraphin for his defense. Give me three of these guys and I guarantee we're better.

--

*EDIT*

David Lee is my hero. He's drinking the biggest bottle I've ever seen in my life. David Lee enjoying the good life.

Really starting to feel the loss of the BS Report with nothing to listen to during the Finals and nothing draft related (which was always a favorite of Bill's)

Bowser

Really starting to feel the loss of the BS Report with nothing to listen to during the Finals and nothing draft related (which was always a favorite of Bill's)

Yeah, we have to put up with the much less enjoyable Jalen and Jacoby podcast.

Hope Lowe has a good draft podcast coming tomorrow.

Your team is a strong position moving forward with KobeGOAT, Julius, D'Angelo Russell (possibly), Clarkson, and pieces moving forward. All you need is Thibs to come through as HC or defensive assistant.

Nah, I was talking about the season in general. It sucks without basketball. Man, I'm bored. Baseball is too dam long.

Yeah, Lakers have been painful this year as well, but I'm optimistic. I don't even care about winning a title, but rather exciting basketball.

zychi

Banned

I'm hoping whatever he does next gets a good app for easy access to his stuff. Similar to what Conan OBrien did once he went to TBS. He's one of the few basketball minds I really like, as long as you ignore his Celtic and adopted Clippers homerism

----

I'M STILL PARTYING AFTER THE CAVS NBA FINALS PERFORMANCE. Yes, we didn't win the series but we won THE FIRST TWO FINALS GAMES IN FRANCHISE HISTORY.

CavsGAF let's huddle for a minute:

Lebron the GM has to go. FIRE HIM TONIGHT. We remember Larry Hughes...

Lebron the coach can fuck off as well. What's with him undermining Blatt? Matter of fact someone block him from sectioning off the offense next season. Lebron stays undermining a GM or coach. He didn't disrespect Paul Silas because Paul's old man strength would've kept him in check.

Tristan can walk for a max contract. If you want to pay max money for a lesser version of Dennis Rodman then go ahead.

Delly stays and never pays for drinks in Cleveland again. Someone send him the JJ Barea wiki page...

If we're going over the luxury tax threshold then why not court Lamarcus? Might as well swing for the fences and convince him to sign a one year deal. This way he becomes a free agent possibly coming off a playoff appearance.

JR Smith can walk for any more than $7.5 mill per season.

If the Raptors opt to move on from Demar I've got a trade proposal: Demar for KLove or Demar for Tristan in a sign and trade. How about Demar for Haywood's expiring and Andy?

Can someone sell me on OLD, WASHED UP DWADE? What am I missing outside of madmaking? FTR, DWade belongs in Miami. Leaving for Cleveland might get him kicked out of the Miami mafia as some sports personality like Stugotz might refer to it.

Draft wise I'm happy with RJ Hunter, Hollis-Jefferson, Rashad Vaughn, or Jerian Grant.

Under the radar free agents I want: Alan Anderson because of defense, Will Barton as a JR replacement, Biyombo for defense, Jerebko because of shooting, KJ Mcdaniels because of defense, or. Kevin Seraphin for his defense. Give me three of these guys and I guarantee we're better.

--

*EDIT*

David Lee is my hero. He's drinking the biggest bottle I've ever seen in my life. David Lee enjoying the good life.

Yea the Cavs need to grow some balls and hire people that can at least make Lebron listen

Even though he hated the way Riley did things, even he has to admit that he put him in a position to win championships

That's why Thibs would be good for the Cavs and Lebron

Top Bottom