• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynomutt

Curry broke record for most points in OT

HE BACK

CiDu_BJVIAAJc5m.jpg

He knew he was coming back. Fresh taper with a clean line up. Right on schedule.

Curry's game is rhythm and if you bump him low he gets flummoxed. He'll still hurt with some floaters but finding ways to throw off his feet is absolutely his kryponite. Make him a distributor and you're playing the Portland Trailblazers.

In OT, he got space on Portland and then started hitting because they were tired. His threes were arm checks switches. Below the hips and you'll make Curry miss.

the fuck you talking about....you don't bump people low on the shot because it's called an undercut and a dirty ass foul ...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Curry's new challenge. 6th man, MVP same season

All the trophies, be like those old school wrestlers that fought in many territories and held like 8-10 championship belts

MVP
6th Man
Defensive Player of the Year
Just steal ROTY when presented during All-Star or just handed over
All Star MVP
3 point champion
Skills Champion
NBA Finals MVP
Scoring Champ
600-700 3's

Kevtones

Yep, the execution just wasn't there. Props to GS though, they really clamped down when they needed to.

Yeah he wasn't that bad but when the ball went in other guys hands they seemed rushed and frantic. It threw the offense off. They were young.

Klay played some great D. I suggested they run through Plumlee and it worked at the end of the 4th. I was disappointed they did HERO in their final possession. Should've given us a Plumlee special.

Fjordson

Curry's game is rhythm and if you bump him low he gets flummoxed. He'll still hurt with some floaters but finding ways to throw off his feet is absolutely his kryponite. Make him a distributor and you're playing the Portland Trailblazers.

In OT, he got space on Portland and then started hitting because they were tired. His threes were arm checks switches. Below the hips and you'll make Curry miss.
Wait what? Bruce Bowen foul? That's dirty mang...

ampere

I gotta ask what's GAF's obsession with LeBron? I mean I know it's the playoffs thread but Cavs did't even play tonight?

LeBron is arguably the best overall player in the NBA, obviously not with the scoring prowess of 2016 Curry, but overall when including defensive ability and position flexibility

Not to mention he rules the East, the only question was if the Warriors with an injured Steph were gonna get stopped in the West. Steph looking healthy and playing well tonight quells that fear and now people resume expectations of a Warriors v Cavs rematch.

Kevtones

the fuck you talking about....you don't bump people low on the shot because it's called an undercut and a dirty ass foul ...

Not talking during the shot. Nothing dirty. His rhythm is his game. You disrupt his feet you disrupt him. His 0-11 evidenced this through the first 3.52 quarters. His ending hot streak came during a period where Portland wasn't connecting with him pre-shot. There was a marked difference.

Look, Curry is crafty as fuck. He does fakes that are new and learnable but he'll keep finding new crafts (his art). BUT his feet are his weakness despite the fact they aren't weak at all. Exploit that because otherwise hIs stroke is pure.

finowns

Not talking during the shot. Nothing dirty. His rhythm is his game. You disrupt his feet you disrupt him. His 0-11 evidenced this through the first 3.52 quarters. His ending hot streak came during a period where Portland wasn't connecting with him pre-shot. There was a marked difference.

Look, Curry is crafty as fuck. He does fakes that are new and learnable but he'll keep finding new crafts (his art). BUT his feet are his weakness and they aren't weak at all. Exploit that because otherwise hIs stroke is pure.

Dude, don't give out this type of expert analysis for free, people will pay you money for figuring out Curry.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Look, Curry is crafty as fuck. He does fakes that are new and learnable but he'll keep finding new crafts (his art). BUT his feet are his weakness despite the fact they aren't weak at all. Exploit that because otherwise hIs stroke is pure.
Huh? He was 0-11 because he hadn't played in 2 weeks and sprained his MCL.

So excited to go to the game on Wednesday. That OT Curry was just so unbelievable, I wish we had some mic'd shots of the Blazers bench.

Fjordson

Wonder if Livingston got ejected on purpose...

I mean probably not but...first ejection of his 11 year career. Ya never know lol.

So what is basically done to Curry on a night in night out basis and yet...hey he's still putting up MVP numbers...Curry was 0-11 in the first 3 quarters because he hadn't played in 3 weeks. The defense on him was the same all game good or bad.

All the trophies, be like those old school wrestlers that fought in many territories and held like 8-10 championship belts

MVP
6th Man
Defensive Player of the Year
Just steal ROTY when presented during All-Star or just handed over
All Star MVP
3 point champion
Skills Champion
NBA Finals MVP
Scoring Champ
600-700 3's
I liked to see a new version of NBA JAM with updated Curry in it.

Kevtones

Huh? He was 0-11 because he hadn't played in 2 weeks and sprained his MCL.

Solely that. 11 missed looks from a guy that made, what, 78 straight similar 3s or something? Stop caring Cooter.

The reality is Curry is about rhythm. The moment he gets in it you call a timeout and coach your players to face him. You have to do weird shit the face of greatness. If it works, it works; if it doesn't, oh well.

Just don't hurt anyone.

Wonder if Livingston got ejected on purpose...

I mean probably not but...first ejection of his 11 year career. Ya never know lol.

No way haha. I think he just got hit in the head and got pissed off because that shit hurts.

Scott Foster is the worst ref. I still think they should've fired him just for being closely associated with Donaghy.

Solely that. 11 missed looks from a guy that made, what, 78 straight similar 3s or something? Stop caring Cooter.

The reality is Curry is about rhythm. The moment he gets in it you call a timeout and coach your players to face him. You have to do weird shit the face of greatness. If it works, it works; if it doesn't, oh well.

Just don't hurt anyone.

The reality of every NBA player is rhythm....If you called a TO every time Curry started heating up over the course of a game, 9 times out of 10, you'd run out of TO's pretty fast.

No way haha. I think he just got hit in the head and got pissed off because that shit hurts.

Scott Foster is the worst ref. I still think they should've fired him just for being closely associated with Donaghy.

No he's not the worst ref but after tonight's performance, he's giving Tony Brothers a run for his money.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

You have to be really obtuse if you believe the long layoff and trying to get back into game shape had no effect on his performance earlier in the game.

Kevtones

You have to be really obtuse if you believe the long layoff and trying to get back into game shape had no effect on his performance earlier in the game.

I'm trying to be objective; big picture. His stroke was minimally affected.

And really… For the best shooter in NBA history?

He had clean looks but his legs were uneven. After he got confidence - throw his legs off.

The Blazers didn't.

Nafai1123

Banned
It looked like the other refs came over and told Foster to chill the fuck out after ejecting Livingston. It was a terrible call and incredibly hasty, especially since he completely missed the foul to begin with.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

He had clean looks but his legs were uneven. After he got confidence - throw his legs off.

The Blazers didn't.
You're trying to be objective which you means you expect a player to not have any drop off in performance after a knee injury and not playing a full game in 3 weeks. Ok...

Lunar FC

It looked like the other refs came over and told Foster to chill the fuck out after ejecting Livingston. It was a terrible call and incredibly hasty, especially since he completely missed the foul to begin with.

I think calling a ref a "bitch ass motherfucker" is a perfectly reasonable thing to be ejected for.

Kevtones

You're trying to be objective which you means you expect a player to not have any drop off in performance after a knee injury and not playing a full game in 3 weeks. Ok...

I'd expect 2-11 at the worst from the best shooter in NBA history.

He had some easy looks.

Anyway, not sure what you're all defending; seems kind of silly.

The Blazers didn't.

You wanna be objective...your boy Aminu needed to step up on Curry off the screen instead of sag off...not this general disrupt his feet stuff ...

That's the impression I got too.. The tech was warranted...the ejection was not.

Kevtones

You wanna be objective...your boy Aminu needed to step up on Curry off the screen instead of sag off...not this general disrupt his feet stuff ...

I thought Aminu played the best D on the Blazers. I suppose my general feet stuff is hard to digest but I think it may have merit.

I'm no NBA coach.

BUT; Stephen Curry is a rhythm game and you have to get to his sole. Tonight showed, very well, when we loses his legs he doesn't shoot well (0-11). Some of that was rust but for a guy with that muscle memory; I think it's a clue.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I'd expect 2-11 at the worst from the best shooter in NBA history.

He had some easy looks.

Anyway, not sure what you're all defending; seems kind of silly.

Make up your mind. You've now said that he both was disrupted by the Blazers "getting at his legs" and that he "had some easy looks" and missed them. Looks like we are moving those goalposts as quickly as possible.

The guy was rusty coming off basically 3 weeks of not playing games. He isn't going to start 0-11 like ever again in these playoffs. By all means close out on him and he'll be by to you to either finish or dish for an open corner 3.

I thought Aminu played the best D on the Blazers. I suppose my general feet stuff is hard to digest but I think it may have merit.

Curry and Klay get bumped and held night in night out and yet they still shoot consistently well.

BUT; Stephen Curry is a rhythm game and you have to get to his sole. Tonight showed, very well, when we loses his legs he doesn't shoot well (0-11). Some of that was rust but for a guy with that muscle memory; I think it's a clue.

Every goddamn basketball player who's ever played the game at any level is a rhythm player. Basketball at its core is a game of tempo, pace and rhythm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom