• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Deservedly so. I am shocked though because there is typically some contrarian just throwing a vote somewhere for...reasons.

rambis

Banned
Keep doubling down despite evidence pointing otherwise. We forgive you.

Of course he has to run through all those screens when the whole defense is chasing him. And Curry's individual brilliance doesn't take away from the rest of the team's. It's not an either or proposition. Defenses are geared to stop Curry by all means necessary and the rest of the team is talented and skilled enough to exploit this.
Ok, that was the point of this conversation. His teammates do assist him getting open where OKC has to rely on pure ISOs. Thanks.

Fjordson

First unanimous MVP in history. Quickly reaching GOAT status. Mike Jordan ain't got nothing on Curry.

Also, last night's game >>> Jordan's flu game. To score 40 on one leg with torn MCL and ACL's in both knees. GOAT GOAT.

First unanimous MVP in history. Quickly reaching GOAT status. Mike Jordan ain't got nothing on Curry.

Also, last night's game >>> Jordan's flu game. To score 40 on one leg with torn MCL and ACL's in both knees. GOAT GOAT.

Wait what? Haha..Fjord, you're so trippin... and I thought I was crazy hyped after last night

Ok, that was the point of this conversation. His teammates do assist him getting open where OKC has to rely on pure ISOs. Thanks.

No...you were arguing that teams weren't selling out defensively to stop Curry and everyone proved otherwise. The whole concept of running a player off a myriad of screens is based on the fact that defenses are selling out to stop Curry.

As for best duo in the league between KD/WB (it's weird not typing RW here) vs Steph and Dray, I think it depends on the format. If we were playing a 2 v 2 game, then yeah it's probably KD/WB....But in a 5 v 5, I'd take Steph and Dray. Sure KD/WB together are better scorers collectively than Steph and Dray but with Dray, you can count on him to QB as well as anchor your defense whereas the same can't be said with KD and WB on that side of the ball (though neither are defensive liabilities).

rambis

Banned
No...you were arguing that teams weren't selling out defensively to stop Curry and everyone proved otherwise. The whole concept of running a player off a myriad of screens is based on the fact that defenses are selling out to stop Curry.
Now you're telling me what we were arguing. LMFAO. Ok budddd....

rambis

Banned
That's the point I responded to and the one you put out. Tell me what was your point then?
Bruh the whole point of this conversation was comparing the two duos. Which I see you've went back and edited your post to response to. So knowing that, what the hell are you even asking here? You're quickly about to get ignored because you are getting annoying.

Fjordson

Westbrook / Durant vs. Curry / Draymond

It's close. Most would say Durant and Westbrook, but the way Draymond is playing lately...boy is a beast.

Bruh the whole point of this conversation was comparing the two duos. Which I see you've went back and edited your post to response to. So knowing that, what the hell are you even asking here? You're quickly about to get ignored because you are getting annoying.

B/c those are separate arguments. And I'm not the one throwing snark in every single post right now. Calm down friend.

You wouldn't happen to be Kurt Rambis, probably the new Knicks coach? Man the Knicks are in for a long season next year.

Curry has a historic performance in OT, meanwhile Raptors struggle to buy a basket in OT for like the 5th time.

Masai needs to revamp this roster. Go get Jimmy B please. Getting lit up by PG13, and Wade.

I wouldn't take Westbrook for my 5 man squad if I was trying to win. Only to fill the stands.
The legend continues breh. I actually just saw on twitter he had his MCL's removed at halftime because they were bothering him. 40 points in those conditions. Amazing.
:lol

rokkerkory

giphy.gif

this is so good, i love it when curry's beast comes out

Where's the gif of him pointing at his wrist saying "your time's up" to the crowd minutes before he went off? That was one was just as badass..

Misterhbk

When it comes to duos, they don't get much better on both ends of the floor than Curry/Green. Green is hitting a point where when he's going downhill you almost can't stop him. If he knows he's got the speed advantage on his defender its a blow by. Never thought he'd develop that part of his game as far as its come.

Gigglepoo

It's probably not fair, but I feel like Leonard and LMA should be better than they are. Leonard just isn't consistent or aggressive enough offensively to elevate them to the same place as Westbrook/Durant and Green/Curry.

When it comes to duos, they don't get much better on both ends of the floor than Curry/Green. Green is hitting a point where when he's going downhill you almost can't stop him. If he knows he's got the speed advantage on his defender its a blow by. Never thought he'd develop that part of his game as far as its come.

I never thought he'd develop a lot of things. I thought at best, he'd be a 3 and D glue that every championship team needs, not point forward. Anyone notice that his handles got a little tighter this year too?

Fjordson

Draymond is also shooting 39% from 3 this year, 44% in the playoffs. If he can turn that into a decent weapon then the Curry & Dray pick & roll will be even tougher to stop.

this is so good, i love it when curry's beast comes out
This was a dope picture of that moment also. Cameras didn't capture Klay coming up behind him saying "he's back".

hi-res-f9bd7028e9667643d2745fa56cf201be_crop_north.jpg

dat big 3

Draymond is also shooting 39% from 3 this year, 44% in the playoffs. If he can turn that into a decent weapon then the Curry & Dray pick & roll will be even tougher to stop.

This was a dope picture of that moment also. Cameras didn't capture Klay coming up behind him saying "he's back".

hi-res-f9bd7028e9667643d2745fa56cf201be_crop_north.jpg

dat big 3

What is sad is DeMar DeRozan is going to get paid more than all of these players in that picture. Still mad that the Raptors gave away game 4 to the Heat.

Tonight the Spurs need to send a message. The Warriors looked last night like the best team in basketball by a very wide margin, tonight San Antonio needs to go berserk and remind us of why that WCF could be the best ever. Otherwise we might not have anything to still be hyped for this year.

Do not fucking lose to a fucking Billy Donovan led squad again.

Fjordson

Curry's lucky he has a baby face otherwise he'd be more despised than LeBron.
He's also smaller, skinnier and...alright I'll just say it, lighter skinned. That plays a part in it, plain and simple.

But I will say I think Lebron comes across as a bit of a weirdo off the court sometimes. Some of the social media stuff, the way he answers questions in the media at times, the quote about fans after the 2011 finals, etc. Small stuff in the grand scheme of things, but I do find him a little odd for lack of a better word.

Gigglepoo

Maybe I'm a crazy, biased Pacers fan, but isn't George better than Leonard? I'm kind of stunned how people seem to gloss over his accomplishments while praising Leonard.

Maybe I'm a crazy, biased Pacers fan, but isn't George better than Leonard? I'm kind of stunned how people seem to gloss over his accomplishments while praising Leonard.

Leonard is a more efficient scorer and better defender, and he does better across the board in advanced metrics like PER, win shares and value over replacement. George is certainly great, but Leonard has advanced beyond him this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom