• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambis

Banned
Maybe I'm a crazy, biased Pacers fan, but isn't George better than Leonard? I'm kind of stunned how people seem to gloss over his accomplishments while praising Leonard.

Leonard is a more efficient scorer and better defender, and he does better across the board in advanced metrics like PER, win shares and value over replacement. George is certainly great, but Leonard has advanced beyond him this year.
Idk, eye test tells me George is alot better on offense and that Kawhi gets his within the offense. No way Leonard can take over a game offensively like George has this post season. George has a legit ISO game and idk if Leonard will ever have that.

Cipherr

This will be in use for many years

Untitled_2.png

Gigglepoo

Leonard is a more efficient scorer and better defender, and he does better across the board in advanced metrics like PER, win shares and value over replacement. George is certainly great, but Leonard has advanced beyond him this year.

What if the two switched teams? It's similar to the Reggie Miller vs. Ray Allen debate. Miller was the best player on his team for all but two or three seasons. Allen was often the third or fourth best player. When the Pacers play now, entire defenses are crafted to shut down George and he's still dominate. He's the only great offensive player on that team and he guards the other teams best scorer. That's an impossible responsibility and he's still great every game.

He's also smaller, skinnier and...alright I'll just say it, lighter skinned. That plays a part in it, plain and simple.

But I will say I think Lebron comes across as a bit of a weirdo off the court sometimes. Some of the social media stuff, the way he answers questions in the media at times, the quote about fans after the 2011 finals, etc. Small stuff in the grand scheme of things, but I do find him a little odd for lack of a better word.

The Decision soured his greatness for me in a serious way. Not that he decided to leave and chase some championships, but turning it into a giant self-promotion reality TV show was just gross.

Fjordson

The Decision soured his greatness for me in a serious way. Not that he decided to leave and chase some championships, but turning it into a giant self-promotion reality TV show was just gross.
Yeah, he just seems...weird. And a little more detached from your average person than a guy like Curry.

Not that I blame him! If I was one of the greatest athletes in the history of mankind and famous since high school I'd be a pretty huge egotistical asshole, completely out of touch with reality. Lebron's doing pretty well all things considered.

He's also smaller, skinnier and...alright I'll just say it, lighter skinned. That plays a part in it, plain and simple.

But I will say I think Lebron comes across as a bit of a weirdo off the court sometimes. Some of the social media stuff, the way he answers questions in the media at times, the quote about fans after the 2011 finals, etc. Small stuff in the grand scheme of things, but I do find him a little odd for lack of a better word.

Steph plays basketball like a fucking explosion fest 80's action flick, it's legit awesome to see him bombing 3's that nobody should even take. Lebron style is basically him bull rushing to the paint travelling or committing offensive fouls or both all the fucking time... Well, maybe not all the time, he also mixes it up with his broken ass jumper. It's easy to see why one would like to watch one and dislike the other.

CD'S BAR

It may sound funny but I think that's kind of his charm, in a way. He seems to have matured a lot since the decision shit, but I think it's understandable he'd be more crude with PR than someone like Curry or even Kobe: these guys who are born into professional athlete families and have the lifestyle ingrained in them from a very young age, and parents to guide them. Lebron's lowly origins certainly come (or came) through at times.

Tonight's game is going to be epic. And of course I won't be able to see it.

J2 Cool

Maybe I'm a crazy, biased Pacers fan, but isn't George better than Leonard? I'm kind of stunned how people seem to gloss over his accomplishments while praising Leonard.

Kawhi, when the systems operating perfectly, is the better player. He's nothing but a huge plus for the Spurs, offensive effeciency and terrific defense. When the Spurs are lacking something, he's not there to notice it and take over like a George is more likely to. Can't self start in the same way

Yo cheer the fuck up H Barnes, I'm fully convinced now he's off no matter what the Warriors decide to do in the off-season

And like Big Shot Rob, wherever Harrison Barnes goes will win the next title.

J2 Cool

Spurs are led offensively by Kawhi and Aldridge. After them you have to question game-to-game, who's going to contribute scoring. You can facillitate and get good shots, but the guys have to still knock them down.

Spurs have to hope Parker gives them 20 again.

Tom Penny

Spurs missing way too many good looks. There offense wouldn't get them by GS or probably the Cavs. Tons of droughts in the playoffs so far.

Tom Penny

Spurs aren't athletic enough to take advantage of such an incredible defense. That will cost them a title. They don't generate enough easy buckets off them.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
There really is a decent chance the Thunder take this series. I was reluctant to admit it but now I can't deny it.

rambis

Banned
I really hope the people putting the spurs on a pedestal are watching this. How many bricked field goals in a row is this?

h1nch

No matter the result, can we at least agree that OKC does not deserve to win this series no matter the outcome? I think this is a fairly reasonable/logical conclusion.

Every 3 pointer that Russ takes should lower his overall standing among the NBA greats. Regardless of if it goes in or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom