• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to the Warriors, great series, Curry is so damn fun to watch. Hopefully he can get a little bit more rest for that knee and come back in full insanity mode for the Western Conference Finals. He's had fits and starts (like OT, obviously), but he's not looking 100% yet.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
That series was a lot closer than 4-1. Even though curry was out for 3 of those 5 games.

Nafai1123

Banned
Portland put on a hell of a show all series and played GS really hard. Great showing from a young team. Made the Rockets look like scrubs despite the same result.

It really is a shame that this Portland team can be this talented and will likely just be a treadmill team like they were in the 90's/early 00's.

Every time they just run into that wall and can't climb it.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
It really is a shame that this Portland team can be this talented and will likely just be a treadmill team like they were in the 90's/early 00's.

This was their first year together as this new team. Slow down.

Gigglepoo

That's true for 90% of the league. This isn't the NFL. Only a few franchises really have a chance to win so teams like Portland and Indy need to be happy making the playoffs every year and winning a few rounds.

harSon

Banned
Lillard had a horrible playoffs, but never got called out on it because he can be clutch. Dude needs to make changes to his game this offseason.

Somebody on the team has to try and score points. It's pretty much been all Lillard and McCollum, and the latter has benefited greatly from the Warriors keying in on Lillard. These past two games have been Lillard going off early, and then the Warriors keying in on him and the rest of the Trailblazers not being able to take advantage of that.

That's true for 90% of the league. This isn't the NFL. Only a few franchises really have a chance to win so teams like Portland and Indy need to be happy making the playoffs every year and winning a few rounds.

I'm aware of that.

Just saying it sucks that all these young enjoyable teams hit that talent ceiling.

Nah, this team can compete with everyone. If Dame makes the adjustments he needs and becomes more aware of his team strength, stops disrupting the offense and a bit of luck you can do great going forward.

Fjordson

I was so impressed by CJ tonight. Warriors played some shitty defense, but some of it was just offensive brilliance from Portland.

rokkerkory

Somebody on the team has to try and score points. It's pretty much been all Lillard and McCollum, and the latter has benefited greatly from the Warriors keying in on Lillard. These past two games have been Lillard going off early, and then the Warriors keying in on him and the rest of the Trailblazers not being able to take advantage of that.

Blazers will be good next year. Promising team.

You have what's called the highlight effect. He doesn't make those shots with consistency, you just feel like he does.

Will-Ferrell-I-dont-believe-you.gif

Portland is a very tough team, I very much like their future if they don't fuck it up. And I do think that's basically the only place where Dwight Howard makes sense.

Curry makes those every game lol. Anyone surprised by that last shot hasn't been watching basketball since like 2013.
Don't get emotionally defensive. It's stupid to start making proclamations of how many games I watched and when. You know nothing about me besides what I post here. I guess I could say I've played GAF NBA fantasy league 2 years straight and finished Top 3 both times but I digress.

I know he scores from distance with great proficiency, the specific question was laced with hyperbole and more bias than fingers in my hand. Now you can make this all mute by showing the stats that support your point.

AcridMeat

Banned
Looking at the free agents, if Portland nabbed Ryan Anderson and Howard or Horford that would be pretty nasty with the CJ/Lillard combo.

You have what's called the highlight effect. He doesn't make those shots with consistency, you just feel like he does.

I can't find any statistics specifically for fadeaways, but this season Steph Curry shot greater than 40% from 3 in every situation tracked by the NBA except for the very rare occasion where a defender is almost literally in his jersey. He only shoots 28% on those shots, but they only account for 4% of his attempts.

Fjordson

Don't get emotionally defensive. It's stupid to start making proclamations of how many games I watched and when. You know nothing about me besides what I post here. I guess I could say I've played GAF NBA fantasy league 2 years straight and finished Top 3 both times but I digress.

I know he scores from distance with great proficiency, the specific question was laced with hyperbole and more bias than fingers in my hand. Now you can make this all mute by showing the stats that support your point.
Wow, this was a doozy of a post lol.

I remember you from last year, super angry Cavs fan I think. So nah, I'm good.

I can't find any statistics specifically for fadeaways, but this season Steph Curry shot greater than 40% from 3 in every situation tracked by the NBA except for the very rare occasion where a defender is almost literally in his jersey. He only shoots 28% on those shots, but they only account for 4% of his attempts.

So if he misses ~50% of his shots on average how can he be making: off balance, fadeaway, street ball ass 3's every time he tries?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
So if he misses ~50% of his shots on average how can he be making: off balance, fadeaway, street ball ass 3's every time he tries?
No one claimed he hits them every time. The claim was he hits them consistently and that is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom