• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Seeing on Twitter also that Bogut had an adductor strain. Need SA / OKC to go 7 for a little extra rest.

No lie, gonna be scared of OKC if they advance. Warriors aren't immune to getting torched in iso, especially by someone like Durant.

Misterhbk

I don't think it's too crazy to think the Blazers, and Cavs could be a bigger test than the next round. Neither the Spurs or OKC have the personnel to space the floor like the Blazers did. And they don't have as many guys to throw at Steph and Klay defensively. All those screens are going to wear down Roberson and Waiters. Also, the Thunder turn the ball over a lot more than Portland. And the Spurs are just too old. We'll see though.

Fjordson

I don't think it's too crazy to think the Blazers, and Cavs could be a bigger test than the next round. Neither the Spurs or OKC have the personnel to space the floor like the Blazers did. And they don't have as many guys to throw at Steph and Klay defensively. All those screens are going to wear down Roberson and Waiters. Also, the Thunder turn the ball over a lot more than Portland. And the Spurs are just too old. We'll see though.
May be right. Blazers were damn good from 3.

KD though...always a scary matchup imo. I still have nightmares from last year when he went for like 31 in the first half against GS.

Eos

Why do I keep seeing people on Twitter mention Sonya Curry? Something happen in the broadcast?
ezgif-2291375296.gif

CiO5Y4uWwAAeOpw.jpg

Wow, this was a doozy of a post lol.

I remember you from last year, super angry Cavs fan I think. So nah, I'm good.
So you had nothing to back it up and you resort to your subjective interpretation of my personality based on posts on a sports thread that's also unrelated to the matter.

You are a jewel and a total asset to the NBA GAF community thread, never change. I'm good too.

Super Angry Cavs Fan out :p

Man what the hell. Steph looks like he just tossed the ball up on a prayer but that's just how fast his shot is. I've seen it hundreds of times but its still dropping my jaw.

By this logic, no shooter in the history of the NBA could be considered a consistent 3 point shooter.

Just stop.
But that wasn't the question. Plus, on those stats we don't see the off balance, fadeaway, street ball ass 3's on isolation so unless we review every 3pt shot attempt, made and missed we wouldn't be able to tell.

AcridMeat

Banned
Man what the hell. Steph looks like he just tossed the ball up on a prayer but that's just how fast his shot is. I've seen it hundreds of times but its still dropping my jaw.
Yeah, even on the second one where he did essentially the same move as the previous play he made, I still didn't expect it to go down. The release is so damn quick my brain refuses to register it as a good play.
But that wasn't the question. Plus, on those stats we don't see the off balance, fadeaway, street ball ass 3's on isolation so unless we review every 3pt shot attempt, made and missed we wouldn't be able to tell.
You have got to be kidding me.

45% on 11 attempts per game is pretty damn good. Hell great. Especially considering everyone knows he's cash from there, and can't do anything to stop it.
Yes. I don't question his greatness. He's the deservedly so MVP these last 2 years. He has been the best player in the NBA.

J2 Cool

Yeah, even on the second one where he did essentially the same move as the previous play he made, I still didn't expect it to go down. The release is so damn quick my brain refuses to register it as a good play.

Stephs a swagger player. Anytime Steph's in rhythm is generally a good shot, and he was dancing on that one.

Sydel Curry tweeted "y'all gotta chill, my father is 2 seats away from her lol"

Twitter is ruthless lmfao

I dont really want to live in this world. Can't do shit without social medias breath on your neck haha.

AcridMeat

Banned
Stephs a swagger player. Anytime Steph's in rhythm is generally a good shot, and he was dancing on that one.
I know it is for him. I fully comprehend that.

I'm saying that as someone who grew up playing and watching basketball his entire life, the subconscious basketball mind still goes crazy over the shit he pulls off.

That wasn't the question dude. This was:

off balance, fadeaway, street ball ass 3's

Show me the stats for those shots please.
The guy made 400+ 3 point shots this season. The only way you do that is taking some cocky shots. That is 100 more than the previous record (that is also his).

He did that shooting 45%.

He owns 4 of the top 10 3 point single season records.

What are you going on about?

beat

Ah. Here's the problem: you are nitpicking a piece of deliberate hyperbole. Quit it.

Portland had a good series is and with another player would have won the series. Better than the series record shows. Some of the games I feel they were clearly the better playing team and fell apart in the end to lose. Maybe it was lack of experience, lack of confidence but it should give the team more confidence and fans of the team should feel happy with the well play of the team. Haven't been a fan of them before but hope they can put it together next year to be better and make a championship run.

Now on to see who joins the Warriors. Old spurs or batman and Robin.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
If aminu can step up his offense, and Meyers can learn some confidence, and plumlee continues to dominate the boards like he has been recently, blazers would be killers.

Howard is toxic and signing him would be a bad long term decision.

How the hell did Terry Stotts not win COTY?

If he got another win from GSW while curry is out or even a b2b I'd say he deserves COTY. Because then it would highlight how he could take a seemingly troubled team that lost its best Player (Aldridge) against Kerr's team without their best player.

I know the warriors are a way stronger team overall but gotta account for 73 win hype.

The Orlando job is a good one. Aaron Gordon is on the verge of a Draymond-esque breakthrough. Hope they pick the right guy and not some also ran like Mark Jackson:

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Isn't this like the third time Skiles has stepped down? I don't think he was fired from the Bulls job. Phoenix, I don't remember.

ampere

Great game.
Now just need the Spurs to win today.

Refs will find some calls to miss in the last 2 minutes and Spurs will lose again lol

Don't get me wrong, OKC has been playing great, but some of these missed calls have been horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom