• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

The Orlando job is a good one. Aaron Gordon is on the verge of a Draymond-esque breakthrough. Hope they pick the right guy and not some also ran like Mark Jackson:

Yeah it's probably the best job available this offseason, maybe the Wolves. That being said, I still don't like that roster that much without a shake-up. There's just nowhere near enough shooting. You can't play a backcourt of Oladipo and Payton especially if Gordon and/or Vucevic is on the floor.

Still, a lot of intriguing young pieces, cap room, and a good location to sign FAs.

Really looking forward to SA-OKC tonight. Somehow I think the Spurs put it together and pull it out.

Yeah it's probably the best job available this offseason, maybe the Wolves. That being said, I still don't like that roster that much without a shake-up. There's just nowhere near enough shooting. You can't play a backcourt of Oladipo and Payton especially if Gordon and/or Vucevic is on the floor.

Still, a lot of intriguing young pieces, cap room, and a good location to sign FAs.

Really looking forward to SA-OKC tonight. Somehow I think the Spurs put it together and pull it out.

Wonder if they can put together a package for Jimmy Butler centered around Oladipo and their lottery pick.

spyder_ur

If Howard went there, The coach would be fired within 12 months. And Lillard and him would beef and it would tear the locker room apart. But we already know this.

I'm not sure where this level of Dwight hate comes from. I don't put much blame on Dwight for the Lakers or Houston situations, and his Orlando time was solid. His teams have pretty consistently been contenders and with any kind of effort he makes your defense top 5; I wonder how many active players have a higher career winning percentage than him.

You know what gets coaches fired? Not having NBA-level talent and being in crappy organizations.

That doesn't mean I think every team should be open to giving him a max or near-max contract, especially for any sort of decent length. He's a 31 year old with limited skills; who knows how he will age. I do think Portland makes a ton of sense.

I'm not sure where this level of Dwight hate comes from. I don't put much blame on Dwight for the Lakers or Houston situations, and his Orlando time was solid. His teams have pretty consistently been contenders and with any kind of effort he makes your defense top 5; I wonder how many active players have a higher career winning percentage than him.

You know what gets coaches fired? Not having NBA-level talent and being in crappy organizations.

That doesn't mean I think every team should be open to giving him a max or near-max contract, especially for any sort of decent length. He's a 31 year old with limited skills; who knows how he will age. I do think Portland makes a ton of sense.

McHale’s, Johnny Davis. Chris Jent. Bobby Hill. Stan Van Gundy. Mike Brown. Bernie Bickerstaff. Mike D’Antoni. Kevin McHale.

All of these guys have one thing in common, they were head coaches of Dwight Howard who lost their jobs in order to try and make Dwight Howard happy.

I don't hate him, I have no room in my heart for hate. I just look at the devastation he causes to every team hes been on. He sets them back 5-10 years, and he does it while being two faced, insincere, and real immature about everything.

Gigglepoo

Did Dwight cause the Lakers and Rockets dysfunction? Or was he swallowed up by the chaotic elements around him? It's a fair question. If he was in a good situation with a strong coach and a unified mentality, he might have better success.

Howard is a tough for anywhere cause he just hasn't been scoring. Maybe he needs to work out more and get bigger. I have no idea what his issue is, lack of real care or effort. Says he is angry wants to win but I do think buy it really. Either he really wants and just can't or just doesn't care

Who wants him? It seems like a waste and I have no idea where he can fit in unless the team needs a guy to go for rebounds or something

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I think Lillard's demeanor would help Daight, honestly. Harden isn't close to a leader, but Dame is. I still don't think I would want him in Portland. I might sign him for a year but he wouldn't take that.

I think Lillard's demeanor would help Daight, honestly. Harden isn't close to a leader, but Dame is. I still don't think I would want him in Portland. I might sign him for a year but he wouldn't take that.

I think the Hornets might be a decent destination for him for the right price. Clifford seems to be a solid player's coach and the team chemistry is good enough for him to slot right in.

phanphare

Banned
I think the Hornets might be a decent destination for him for the right price. Clifford seems to be a solid player's coach and the team chemistry is good enough for him to slot right in.

dwight's also already played for both coach cliff and patrick ewing when he was with the magic and he also played with jlin in houston and they're both still friends apparently

also kemba is the leader harden refuses to be, we're a defensive minded team, there are no egos in the locker room, everyone plays for each other, and everyone touches the ball

if there were ever a perfect fit for dwight

kind of scary to think how good that team would be defensively. dwight + a healthy mkg and batum on the wings = the top defense and rebounding team in the NBA

McHale’s, Johnny Davis. Chris Jent. Bobby Hill. Stan Van Gundy. Mike Brown. Bernie Bickerstaff. Mike D’Antoni. Kevin McHale.

All of these guys have one thing in common, they were head coaches of Dwight Howard who lost their jobs in order to try and make Dwight Howard happy.

I don't hate him, I have no room in my heart for hate. I just look at the devastation he causes to every team hes been on. He sets them back 5-10 years, and he does it while being two faced, insincere, and real immature about everything.

I'm not sure about you putting McHale on there. iirc, most reports said it was Harden that was behind that, and that he wanted Howard traded (although I don't think I saw anything confirmed).

If Dwight was still interested in the Rockets, I'm just not sure. This year was pretty terrible, but that was the squad overall too. Plus, I remember many times in 2014 and 2015 where I would feel Harden was playing absolutely terribly and it was only Dwight's playoff experience getting them anywhere. So I'm not going to be too salty if he leaves, nor will I say give up on him in his free agency

Tbh, for the Rockets, no matter how well or terribly we do this offseason, or whether the team gets blown up or not, it is going to come down to Harden's attitude when the season starts again

Fjordson

Thought this was kinda interesting. Cleveland's big 3: Frye, Delly and Bron

CiSLPSoUYAEC6a1.jpg:large

Not really, but Delly has been good this year.

h1nch

Seems like the refs are going to let them play. Both teams are getting bumped and held near the rim. I thought KD def got fouled on his drive, but haven't seen a close up.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Watching the last 2 POR/GSW games and watching SA/OKC, game is running like molasses

Good lord are both teams taking horrendous shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom