• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
They were down 2-1 twice last year. They looked especially tested against Memphis.

Warriors won game 1, which Conley didn't play in. Memphis took game 2 and 3 when Conley and Allen were in. During game 4 Allen got injured, didn't return until game 6 but could only play 5 minutes. Warriors won easily after that.

This is a discredit to the Cavs. They almost won game 1 and took game 2.

Cavs missing their next best 2 players? Come on now.

Imagine this Warriors team without Klay and Dray playing. Just no.

CioPkopWwAELuh-.jpg

LOL

He needs to keep that damn thing in his mouth

hbkdx12

It's gonna be a sloppy series throughout. That uptempo ball can only benefit one team. It'll surely make for good entertainment as a fan but it's gonna be some ugly basketball. Just a matter of which team can hold their composure.

Dubs had more turnovers and less rebounds. Writings on the wall

Cheebo

Banned
Hopefully the Raptors can do what the Thunder did and steal Game 1.

NBA Draft Lottery as well.

I am with you Lakers-GAF you guys deserve to keep your pick after this devastating season. I rather you guys keep your pick than Bryan Colangelo having two top 5 picks plus whatever ridiculous cap space they have.

BeLieve2.jpg
Nah Minnesota deserves to sneak into the top 3 and get #1 just for the lolz of having all #1 top picks 3 years in a row.

ViciousDS

Banned
It's gonna be a sloppy series throughout. That uptempo ball can only benefit one team. It'll surely make for good entertainment as a fan but it's gonna be some ugly basketball. Just a matter of which team can hold their composure.

Dubs had more turnovers and less rebounds. Writings on the wall

Also seemed like the dubs last 8 minutes were just chucking up 3's instead of going for easy 2's

His shot was off

Yea i know, but im talking about people saying OKC winning even tho KD did poor tonight. Warriors did poor the whole second half. Imo it's early to write both these teams off based on tonight's performance.

On another note, why is Chuck against the Warriors? It's making me root for Warriors just to see salt from him.

hbkdx12

Also seemed like the dubs last 8 minutes were just chucking up 3's instead of going for easy 2's
Yeah. It seems like they might've been feeling themselves too much going into the second half. When dray tried to do that reverse layup on Adams you knew they strayed too far from their game. I've seen pretty much every warriors game this year and don't recall seeing him trying to show that kind of finesse under the rim. Never seen him size up a dude and pull up a jumpshot either

Yeah. It seems like they might've been feeling themselves too much going into the second half. When dray tried to do that reverse layup on Adams you knew they strayed too far from their game. I've seen pretty much every warriors game this year and don't recall seeing him trying to show that kind of finesse under the rim. Never seen him size up a dude and pull up a jumpshot either

that was the end right there, weren't they only down 1 or 2? Just a dumb lay up

Okay so the Raptors are 9th overall in the lottery with the Knicks Pick. Exciting that we have TWO First round picks this year and I think another extra first round pick next year because of the Grevis Vasquez trade. Even though IF we lose to Cleveland. We still win in drafting. Thanks Masai!

rambis

Banned
Warriors won game 1, which Conley didn't play in. Memphis took game 2 and 3 when Conley and Allen were in. During game 4 Allen got injured, didn't return until game 6 but could only play 5 minutes. Warriors won easily after that.

Cavs missing their next best 2 players? Come on now.

Imagine this Warriors team without Klay and Dray playing. Just no.
Doesn't mean it wasn't a test though. Cavs were able to rattle GS a bit in spite of their circumstances. Currys struggle is the whole reason we even know of the name Dellavedova.

neptunes

Okay so the Raptors are 9th overall in the lottery with the Knicks Pick. Exciting that we have TWO First round picks this year and I think another extra first round pick next year because of the Grevis Vasquez trade. Even though IF we lose to Cleveland. We still win in drafting. Thanks Masai!
They'll most likely be used as trade pieces. We have enough development projects and we're already pretty young.

hbkdx12

that was the end right there, weren't they only down 1 or 2? Just a dumb lay up
Yeah exactly. That's why you can't be mad at the no call travel on Russell because just like that botched ending with spurs/okc, spurs had the opportunity to play better for it not to be that close in the first place.

Warriors had plenty of opportunity to swing things to their side in the last half of the fourth but they were just too reckless

tookhster

Yea i know, but im talking about people saying OKC winning even tho KD did poor tonight. Warriors did poor the whole second half. Imo it's early to write both these teams off based on tonight's performance.

On another note, why is Chuck against the Warriors? It's making me root for Warriors just to see salt from him.

Durant missed like 10 straight shots which was cringey and definitely noticeable. He also had a bunch of WTF turnovers.

As for Chuck, he joined the OKC bandwagon after shitting on them for years once we got Adams and Kanter. He just hates the small-ball stuff from the Warriors and likes the big-man dominance cuz it relates to his old school balling and stuff.

J2 Cool

The reality is, GSW doesn't have to grind all that often. At no point did they match OKCs intensity. Having Bogut on the court might have helped that, but.. Steph is an incredible talent, there is no reason he should have been a nonfactor for as long as he was.

I think in the next game Warriors stars have to be able to match OKC's aggression. Russ is going to be a consistent problem this series, if KD gets right its going to get super interesting.

They'll most likely be used as trade pieces. We have enough development projects and we're already pretty young.

Trade Bruno and Nogueira. I don't see futures for these guys in Toronto. Bruno has looked worse each year since we drafted him.

Powell has been the only rookie that's panned out so far. Wright looks good from what I've seen.i don't know what we should do with Nogueira maybe trade him to a team in need of a backup big or a big in general.

Durant missed like 10 straight shots which was cringey and definitely noticeable. He also had a bunch of WTF turnovers.

As for Chuck, he joined the OKC bandwagon after shitting on them for years once we got Adams and Kanter. He just hates the small-ball stuff from the Warriors and likes the big-man dominance cuz it relates to his old school balling and stuff.
Chuck wasn't shitting on them he was just right about what they did wrong.
I'm probably going to game three. This is going to be a long series I still think.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
As a warrior fan I'm not sure what to think except they need to take care of the damn ball and move it more. Maybe some rust with the long layoff as well but I also think Curry needs to get more selfish.

KD and Westfraud were terrible offensively as I'll happily take 33% shooting from them every game this series. We need to stop bailing westbrook out on his drives and just let him shoot...he'll make some but be incredibly inefficient while doing so. Just DO NOT put him on the line.

Farsi

I'm gonna hear it tomorrow from the Lebron fans tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. Good for OKC for making this series intense and interesting now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom