• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

That's every team's problem facing OKC.

Problem is Bogut and Ezeli couldn't stay out there and be effective, so there's no rim protection at all. Durant and Westbrook were having a field day.
Come on man...that play was far beyond anything he does regularly. It's entirely on him for losing his cool and not thinking.
My point was that even if the Warriors try to claim that it was unintentional there's no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's a side effect of his style of play.

But I personally agree. Obviously I don't know for a fact if he meant to do it, but it looked bad. And as I already said, Draymond has to control himself better. If he gets suspended I don't see it as any sort of injustice.

AcridMeat

Banned
My point was that even if the Warriors try to claim that it was unintentional there's no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's a side effect of his style of play.

But I personally agree. Obviously I don't know for a fact if he meant to do it, but it looked bad. And as I already said, Draymond has to control himself better. If he gets suspended I don't see it as any sort of injustice.
I just don't agree with equating what happened to live by the 3 die by the 3.

ViciousDS

Banned
Oh yeah Draymond is getting suspended.

EDIT: Lol at this unintentional talk on twitter.

w768xh576_CjGkHNSXAAE53-K.jpg

Lol with it freeze framed it looks like he was setting up to punt a football out of the fucking park.

Dude needs to be suspended for a game

hbkdx12

This rescinded answer is lame as fuck lol.
For real. Denying it is understandable. Saying the call needs to be rescinded is reaching.

Just say it was inadvertent and leave it there

You're just drawing more attention to the whole thing which increases ur chances of a suspension

J2 Cool

I'm surprised chuck isn't being more supportive against jones actions against biyombo considering he advocated for the Hawks to "send a message" last round when cavs went off

There's sending a message, but that was a bit of a low blow. Not exactly the type of message Chuck would support haha

Draymond smiling the whole time and quoting his coach was weird.

Seriously how could you say that was not intentional? I mean I get fanboys and band wagon riders. He did not even have to move his legs at all most people flare with their arms. If the league doesn't suspend him then I have lost faith in them and it will show the power that golden state has right now. Disgusting.

What? Kicking out your legs during fouls happens regularly.

Wade got suspended for the exact same thing but it wasn't in the playoffs. But the NBA still suspended a superstar for kick to the groin area.

Should be interesting to see how NBA handles this

Seriously how could you say that was not intentional? I mean I get fanboys and band wagon riders. He did not even have to move his legs at all most people flare with their arms. If the league doesn't suspend him then I have lost faith in them and it will show the power that golden state has right now. Disgusting.

Pretty much. Dirty play by a dirty player, won't be surprised if nothing happens though.

lawnchair

Banned
does the NBA look at these things as isolated incidents or do they contextualize them with the recent behavior of the player in question? to me that's the answer to whether or not draymond gets suspended.. if the dude has been clean in the past, maybe give him the benefit of the doubt. if he kicked the same guy in the dick a couple days back maybe don't

CD'S BAR

Looked like an intentional foul to me. And Green looked so shifty in his response to media. I think they'll give him benefit of doubt though and not suspend. That would be a huge suspension to make and he is on the league/media darling team after all.

There is 0.0000% chance that kick wasn't intentional. He should be gone a minimum of 1 game. If he isn't, the fix is in it's straight nonsense.

How about a public execution?

does the NBA look at these things as isolated incidents or do they contextualize them with the recent behavior of the player in question? to me that's the answer to whether or not draymond gets suspended.. if the dude has been clean in the past, maybe give him the benefit of the doubt. if he kicked the same guy in the dick a couple days back maybe don't

Reputation and star player status are both factors. Kyrie or Lebron would not have been suspended for what Jones did because a) they're stars and b) they have clean reputations. Jones is not the precedent by which to try and judge other players because his was way less likely to be unintentional + he's a bench scrub + he has a record with the league throughout his career.

hbkdx12

If he gets suspended I have no doubt it'll be in large part due to the fact that he hit Adams in the balls last game and that he's often quite hot headed and gets tons of flak and criticism for his physical play

If someone like Harrison Barnes kicked Adams in the dick no one would even care and gs might've actually had a chance at winning the game.

UncleMeat

Nobody in the league can stay in front of Westbrook.

Maybe Tony Allen a couple years ago.

I guess I meant it looked easier than usual, Curry especially was helpless. As good as Curry is he's still going to get his but I think Westbrook will at least make him work for it whereas if Russ plays smart I don't think GS has anyone that can slow him down.

There is 0.0000% chance that kick wasn't intentional. He should be gone a minimum of 1 game. If he isn't, the fix is in it's straight nonsense.

That's silly man. You can only say 0 % if there was no play at all being made. I'm pretty sure dray was more focused on getting a call throwing up a crappy shot then hitting the dude right in the nuts .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom