• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lime

I think it goes to 7 to be honest. GSW is going to do everything they can the next game to tie it up regardless of Green. No way they allow OKC to be up 3-1.

Can someone explain 'stealing home court advantage?' I hear that whenever a lower seeded teams wins the 1st game away like when OKC won the first game but theyre still scheduled to play four games at oracle?

Can someone explain 'stealing home court advantage?' I hear that whenever a lower seeded teams wins the 1st game away like when OKC won the first game but theyre still scheduled to play four games at oracle?

It means they now have the home-court advantage since they only need to win their home games.

Messi

If they win the home games after winning game one they knock out the Warriors. It's easier to win with the home crowd behind you.

They look VERY hungry and Westbrook is looking physically unstoppable. This is the team everyone thought they'd be 3 years ago.

I agree with this; I'm glad they're looking more like it.

I don't get why players who lose badly put towels over their heads.

If you're talking about Curry, he usually has a towel on his head when he's on the bench, win or lose. If you're not talking about Curry, then I would guess it's because they want to hide the pained look in their faces.

BumRush

I still think the warriors will win in 6 but I'm hoping OKC pulls it off.

Expecting GSW to win the next 3 straight with a). Westbrook playing out of his mind and b). a potential Green suspension looming is tough. Maybe 7, but they've been severely outplayed 2 of 3 games.

p.s. how does Green not get suspended for that? It looks incredibly bad on video and Silver can't just look the other way because he's a star. My guess is a fine and 1 game suspension.

I feel like Thunder have the momentum. Warriors would try to galvanize under some "we were screwed" narrative if Green's suspended. And if Green's comes back game 5 you couldn't stop that momentum. I guess even though according to the precedent the league set, I feel he should be suspended, I'm hoping he's not now. I like this series being entirely played at best vs best.

Either way, Curry really has to establish himself game 4. My eyes go to him, he hasn't been nearly mvp impactful in 2 out of the 3 games. I have to expect he'll get aggressive at some point.

If Green doesn't play in Game 4, the Thunder will score 130+ again. His versatility on defense is what allows them to go with their small lineups and get away with it. They'd be better off going a game without Klay than they would without Green.

effzee

If it is Cavs vs Thunder, Durant will take it all the way.

This time Lebron won't have his superfriends to bail him out. He will be exposed.

Owzers

It's possible it wasn't intentional? I don't really care though, it looks bad and nut kickers gotta get suspended or it's chaos. CHAOS.

I wonder if dray isn't suspended should iggy start instead of Barnes at sf?

You mean start Ezeli and Iggy and bring Barnes off the bench? All of those guys would need to play more minutes, especially since the Thunder are almost certain to crack out that Durant/Ibaka small lineup again.

eGuoIuv.gif
Did Lebron get fined for flopping on this? Because he totally should have.

Fjordson

I wonder if dray isn't suspended should iggy start instead of Barnes at sf?
I think he should. Even if Draymond isn't suspended it would be nice to start Iggy and play him a bit more.

It's a tough decision though because the bench instantly becomes worse and Barnes may play even worse when he's not surrounded by the other starters.

so many of them were acting like gs cant lose when they were winning and people are easily swayed I guess. So many 4 0's for miami as well.

The thing is, the mental game is strong when you aren't jordan you mentally can be put out of any game.

GS and steph has often not lost their confidence. But when your at the YMCA it's a different story. Good defense makes a good offense and in this case they played GS very well, got in their heads etc

I think all of you calling that a for nut shot may not be right. Its really hard to tell if he did it on purpose, guys really do kick out when going for rebounds, yeah I know rebounds... but hell, only Green and whoever he told really knows if he did it

I think he should. Even if Draymond isn't suspended it would be nice to start Iggy and play him a bit more.

It's a tough decision though because the bench instantly becomes worse and Barnes may play even worse when he's not surrounded by the other starters.

Yea thats a valid concern. This being a do or die game now I think Kerr needs to shake something up.

Fjordson

Not one person on the Inside the NBA crew thought it was intentional, but they're just GS homers anyways so who cares. They're not the experts on human behavior that we have on twitter and this thread.
Scott Foster also, who watched the replay multiple times and actually has a bad history with Golden State.

I personally have no idea tbh. I could see it going either way.

BumRush

Not one person on the Inside the NBA crew thought it was intentional, but they're just GS homers anyways so who cares. They're not the experts on human behavior that we have on twitter and this thread.

Be honest. In watching it - and given his foul history - do you believe it was unintentional?

Scott Foster also, who watched the replay multiple times and actually has a bad history with Golden State.

I personally have no idea tbh. I could see it going either way.

Fellas,

giphy.gif

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anytime someone asks me why I hate LBJ, I will just send them that flopping clip. So f'ing lame. What was great, though, was the press conference after when a reporter asked him about flopping. LBJ then tried to act the tough guy "I COULD SAY SOMETHING BUT I WON'T. I WON'T SAY NOTHING." /LAUGHS WITH BIGGEST CLOWN OF ALL TIME, JR SMITH.

And I'm at a loss as to how anyone could watch Green's kick and say that was an accident. It just looks intentional, and I was even more convinced by how he reacted and what he said after the game. He said he didn't even know he hit him. YOU REALLY HAVE NO IDEA YOU JUST KICKED A PERSON IN THE BALLS?

NBA won't do anything with GSW because I feel like they want a GSW/LBJ rematch in the finals.

Be honest. In watching it - and given his foul history - do you believe it was unintentional?

I don't know, that's the point. I know that I've seen players flail like they got shot after a foul constantly. I know that Scott Foster and former players like Kenny, Shaq, and Chuck didn't think it was intentional despite seeing it.

spyder_ur

If it is Cavs vs Thunder, Durant will take it all the way.

This time Lebron won't have his superfriends to bail him out. He will be exposed.

Did you watch that finals? LeBron dominated Durant up and down the court in that series, when they were widely considered the two best players in the game.

As someone who has both gotten hit in the balls and has done it many times on a basketball court, it's always been either a an elevated knee when a guy is jumping or a hand/elbow when a guy is raising his arms up. That kick was bizarre, especially when he was pretty much stationary at the time.

Perhaps it was just an exaggerated movement to draw the foul, in which case I would say don't do that and you won't kick a guy in the junk.

I think he should be suspended, but I won't be very torn up if he's not. Either way game 4 is going to be awesome.

I will say I am really enjoying the start of the Warriors heel turn in the eyes of the public. It was going to happen eventually like it does to every great team.

rambis

Banned
I didn't watch game 2. Can't believe he went back to the scene of the crime. Hope he misses the next game.
Its crazy there's no video on it. He elbowed the guy and stared him down afterwards. Its the play where Adams went down. Once can be a mistake but two games in a row?

BumRush

I don't know, that's the point. I know that I've seen players flail like they got shot after a foul constantly. I know that Scott Foster and former players like Kenny, Shaq, and Chuck didn't think it was intentional despite seeing it.

It's one of those things where it looked really obvious when it happened...but the more you watch it the more obvious it looks.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

They should just watch game tape of Green. If he routinely kicks his leg out straight ahead, then no suspension. There are so many guys in the league who flail like they've been shot, trying to draw the foul, but I can't remember ever seeing a "flail" that looks so much like a blatant kick in the balls.

spyder_ur

where is the video of the first nut kick?

also, this does happen a lot but there probably isnt video of it specifically out there

They should just watch game tape of Green. If he routinely kicks his leg out straight ahead, then no suspension. There are so many guys in the league who flail like they've been shot, trying to draw the foul, but I can't remember ever seeing a "flail" that looks so much like a blatant kick in the balls.

That's a good call. As someone who has played and plays a ton of ball, nut shots happen a lot. But not really like this. It's usually a knee of an elevating player or the hands/elbow of a guy on the ground.

I'm not sure routinely kicking your league out because you try to draw bogus foul calls is a good enough reason to not get suspended for kicking a guy in the goods.

Jarate

Banned
Anytime someone asks me why I hate LBJ, I will just send them that flopping clip. So f'ing lame. What was great, though, was the press conference after when a reporter asked him about flopping. LBJ then tried to act the tough guy "I COULD SAY SOMETHING BUT I WON'T. I WON'T SAY NOTHING." /LAUGHS WITH BIGGEST CLOWN OF ALL TIME, JR SMITH.

And I'm at a loss as to how anyone could watch Green's kick and say that was an accident. It just looks intentional, and I was even more convinced by how he reacted and what he said after the game. He said he didn't even know he hit him. YOU REALLY HAVE NO IDEA YOU JUST KICKED A PERSON IN THE BALLS?

NBA won't do anything with GSW because I feel like they want a GSW/LBJ rematch in the finals.

I too hate Lyndon B Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom