• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Is Golden State done? Or do they still have a chance?
Sure. Without Draymond, Steph will have to drop 50+ and Klay needs a solid 25 or so. If they do that and Russell plays like he did in game 2 I can see a path to victory.

That being said, if OKC somehow manages to lose game 4 without Draymond playing they deserve to lose this series.

jbug617

Banned
Seriously, Durant is crazy if he leaves this team in the offseason. They are too good

he signs a 2yr extension with an opt out after the 1st yr this summer. Then we all wait to see what happens with Westbrook in summer 2017. If Westbrook leaves, he will probably also leave.

Sure. Without Draymond, Steph will have to drop 50+ and Klay needs a solid 25 or so. If they do that and Russell plays like he did in game 2 I can see a path to victory.

That being said, if OKC somehow manages to lose game 4 without Draymond playing they deserve to lose this series.

Same user that told me to calm down is already envisioning a suspension for Green and an almost assured game 4 loss? Seems a bit much don't you think?

Green is an important player but he's still their third best player. He had the worst +- in the last decade for a playoff player tonight.

dabig2

Oh yeah Draymond is getting suspended.

EDIT: Lol at this unintentional talk on twitter.

w768xh576_CjGkHNSXAAE53-K.jpg

I'm assuming a suspension will be coming. This is the 2nd straight game of an "unintentional" dick kick to the same player by the same player. And Green is already known as a kinda dirty player with some attitude problems. AND the league just suspended a Cavs player for something similar.

Cooter

Same user that told me to calm down is already envisioning a suspension for Green and an almost assured game 4 loss? Seems a bit much don't you think?

Green is an important player but he's still their third best player. He had the worst +- in the last decade for a playoff player tonight.
He's getting suspended. I don't see anyway around it. I wasn't calling the series over however. I still think they can go down 3-1 and win the series. Hell, I can even see a scenario where they win without Draymond but it is very unlikely.

Don't try to convince yourself Green isn't extremely crucial to this teams success because he is. I can't overstate that enough.

He's getting suspended. I don't see anyway around it. I wasn't calling the series over however. I still think they can go down 3-1 and win the series. Hell, I can even see a scenario where they win without Draymond but it is very unlikely.

Don't try to convince yourself Green isn't extremely crucial to this teams success because he is. I can't overstate that enough.

What a discussion, you tell me what's important and what's going to happen in the future with certainty and I just sit here and nod.

Cooter

What a discussion, you tell me what's important and what's going to happen in the future with certainty and I just sit here and nod.
Fair enough. Let's just say the chances are high he gets suspended. If he doesn't we'll call it a 2 outer on the river*

*poker term

What about Iggy? Can't he get 20+ a game anymore?

hbkdx12

Borgia said the league is definitely going to review it (as they do with all flagrants apparently) so we'll have an answer soon enough

Either way the climate of game 4 is going to be effected.

J2 Cool

What? How does that make sense?

I feel like Thunder have the momentum. Warriors would try to galvanize under some "we were screwed" narrative if Green's suspended. And if Green's comes back game 5 you couldn't stop that momentum. I guess even though according to the precedent the league set, I feel he should be suspended, I'm hoping he's not now. I like this series being entirely played at best vs best.

Either way, Curry really has to establish himself game 4. My eyes go to him, he hasn't been nearly mvp impactful in 2 out of the 3 games. I have to expect he'll get aggressive at some point.

to be fair, it'd be easy for the thread to choke from all the salt when two particular posters would turn into human salt mines

If you're waiting for some meltdown if this joke of a Cavs team somehow finds a way to win you'll be sorely disappointed. I never gave enough of a damn during the Heat years so why start now?

On the other hand, if Lebron keeps flopping around and still loses in the end, then it would be pretty sweet.

On the topic of Green, I was the one singing his praises last year at this exact time when people were talking about how Tristan Thompson is better and more valuable than him, but he's also not important enough that the Warriors can't win a single game without him.

rambis

Banned
I was just thinking the other day that it's been a while since someone assaulted Adams.
Green got him in the nuts in game 2 as well. That's why Adams is calling him accurate. I don't see how they can let Green get away with this a second time but the league will show me sure enough.

2 more games OKC!!!

I cringed when I saw that kick; definitely looked intentional to me. Personally, I don't think he'll get suspended, but OKC will win game 4.

Here's hoping!

ampere

That crotch kick was so damn bad

But man, OKC are really shocking me. Of all the years for them to be competing hard in the WCF, I would not expect this to be one of them based on the regular season

BumRush

But man, OKC are really shocking me. Of all the years for them to be competing hard in the WCF, I would not expect this to be one of them based on the regular season

They look VERY hungry and Westbrook is looking physically unstoppable. This is the team everyone thought they'd be 3 years ago.

spyder_ur

I'm totally surprised as well. I've been an OKC playoff skeptic for years, which has served me pretty well. I thought this year would be more of the same.

I'm not usually a fan of players being suspended in the playoffs, but cmon Draymond. There's one cardinal rule you learn in boys/mens sports growing up - don't hit a guy in the junk. That wasn't a basketball movement at all. I think he should miss a game, but even if not, he's going to have a long series after doing that.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
People need to chill a bit. Just like it was a mistake to think golden state would win easily after game 2, it's a mistake to think The Warriors are done.

I still think the warriors will win in 6 but I'm hoping OKC pulls it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom