• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good call. As someone who has played and plays a ton of ball, nut shots happen a lot. But not really like this. It's usually a knee of an elevating player or the hands/elbow of a guy on the ground.

not just nut shots but kicking out of legs.. people just do it. its not natural as basketball isnt either but players do it and thats usuallyl on rebounds. rodman is always doing it

to say a player wouldnt do it on a pass or a jump and try to get foul move or whatever he was doing is not exactly right.

all im saying, i cant call it only green knows if he tried to do it

feb-1999-dennis-rodman-of-the-los-angeles-lakers-kicks-his-leg-up-as-picture-id362815

this is some kung fu shit right here, he could easily kick anyone in the head... i dont even know if it helps him get to the ball other than creating space

and rodman even kicks reporters

random25

They should just watch game tape of Green. If he routinely kicks his leg out straight ahead, then no suspension. There are so many guys in the league who flail like they've been shot, trying to draw the foul, but I can't remember ever seeing a "flail" that looks so much like a blatant kick in the balls.

It may not be intentional (still debatable) but it still deserves suspension regardless. It still is a clean kick to the groin. It would be foolish for the league if he got away with a suspension while Dahntay Jones got slapped with one for the same offense.

not just nut shots but kicking out of legs.. people just do it. its not natural as basketball isnt either but players do it and thats usuallyl on rebounds. rodman is always doing it

to say a player wouldnt do it on a pass or a jump and try to get foul move or whatever he was doing is not exactly right.

all im saying, i can't call it only green knows if he tried to do it

and rodman even kicks reporters

Draymond is a habitual line-stepper.

Did you watch that finals? LeBron dominated Durant up and down the court in that series, when they were widely considered the two best players in the game.
?

Lebron didnt defend KD, Shane Battier mostly did. And Thabo Sefolosha was the one guarding Lebron most of the time. KD avgd 30 pts on 50% shooting in the finals. There was no dominating going one way or the other between the two. It was the Heat as a team being much better than the Thunder at that time

effzee

Did you watch that finals? LeBron dominated Durant up and down the court in that series, when they were widely considered the two best players in the game.

That was LeBron when he was younger and more confident with his team. He will finally get exposed as the phony he is during this finals. A Jordan team would have destroyed these Warriors or Thunder in 4-5 games max. Lebron, if he wins at all, will have to be carried by Kyrie and crew.

lawnchair

Banned
it's such an obvious intentional kick, i can't believe it's still being debated. everybody knows that was an intentional kick. he's been up adams' ass all series, and suddenly when his team is losing and he's frustrated draymond unleashes a very accurate kick to the adams' groin. come on. everybody knows what happened, some people are in denial.

sadly i don't think he'll see any punishment.

it's such an obvious intentional kick, i can't believe it's still being debated. everybody knows that was an intentional kick. he's been up adams' ass all series, and suddenly when his team is losing and he's frustrated draymond unleashes a very accurate kick to the adams' groin. come on. everybody knows what happened, some people are in denial.

sadly i don't think he'll see any punishment.

Thank you for your opinion.

spyder_ur

Those guys are airborne, which is kind of my point.

I don't know if it was intentional or not, just that I haven't seen many nut shots like that one.

And I'm fine with suspending a guy who hit a guy in the balls because he was flailing to get a call or didn't have control of his body.

Cardinal rule of sports is no nut shots.

Those guys are airborne, which is kind of my point.

I don't know if it was intentional or not, just that I haven't seen many nut shots like that one.

And I'm fine with suspending a guy who hit a guy in the balls because he was flailing to get a call or didn't have control of his body.

Cardinal rule of sports is no nut shots.

The problem is that 99% of people calling for the suspension are also basing their decision on the intent. At least from what I've seen.

If you're waiting for some meltdown if this joke of a Cavs team somehow finds a way to win you'll be sorely disappointed. I never gave enough of a damn during the Heat years so why start now?

On the other hand, if Lebron keeps flopping around and still loses in the end, then it would be pretty sweet.

On the topic of Green, I was the one singing his praises last year at this exact time when people were talking about how Tristan Thompson is better and more valuable than him, but he's also not important enough that the Warriors can't win a single game without him.

Yeah, "why start now" when you've already started, you putz?

This is user offtopic tier posting and he's at least proudly playing the role of a joke poster. But you're completely serious.

Joei

That was LeBron when he was younger and more confident with his team. He will finally get exposed as the phony he is during this finals. A Jordan team would have destroyed these Warriors or Thunder in 4-5 games max. Lebron, if he wins at all, will have to be carried by Kyrie and crew.

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

rambis

Banned
where is the video of the first nut kick?

also, this does happen a lot but there probably isnt video of it specifically out there
It was more of an elbow or forearm. I couldn't find it. No one has really mentioned it either but yeah it happened. That's what Adams is referring to in the video above.

lawnchair

Banned
Thank you for your opinion.

you got it bamz. i know i won't be convincing you of anything, i'm just fascinated by how many people apparently don't recognize a full on intentional kick to the groin.

he's landed, the ball is out of his hands, then he goes back up with a strong karate kick. it even looks like he's throwing an arm back to get extra leverage on the kick lol. this is the classic teeing off on somebody's scrotum body language. it is unmistakable.

49ers-field-goal-kick-kimberly-lenz.jpg

see the arm going back? this is exactly what draymond is doing.

you got it bamz. i know i won't be convincing you of anything, i'm just fascinated by how many people apparently don't recognize a full on intentional kick to the groin.

he's landed, the ball is out of his hands, then he goes back up with a strong karate kick. it even looks like he's throwing an arm back to get extra leverage on the kick lol. this is the classic teeing off on somebody's scrotum body language.

Despite the fact that someone posted a video of him doing the same thing to the air in a similar situation? How does that reconcile your testicle buster theory?

If it was Lebron doing the kicking you'd immediately call for a suspension.

Lebron flops all the time so I would assume he was acting to sell the call as he always does. But no one seems to have any agreement as to whether intent is the reason someone should be suspended or just the fact that it happened.

Spinluck

Effzee plsssssssssssssss

lawnchair

Banned
kinda disappointed in steve kerr one of the heroes of my youth with this bullshit. at least say "i didn't see it" or something along those lines. "this stuff happens all the time" is not the proper response.

tookhster

Man, as an OKC fan, I don't think the kick is 120% intentional like a lot of people make it out to be. The big question mark for me is how it happened two games in a row. The one in game 2 I thought was clearly inadvertent, but the one last night is definitely up for debate. It's just really random how it happened between the same two players two games in a row.

But I personally don't want to see Green suspended next game. I think this series has been great and if OKC do win, it will be crazy beating two record-breaking teams in a row to get to the Finals. If Draymond doesn't play then it won't really feel legit.

I also don't want him to be suspended because it might lead to Steph and the Warriors going super sayian on us next game with the loss of one of their best players, just like we went on a game-ending run right after Adams got kicked.

Foster said it, not me.

Once again, I have no idea but would not see any injustice in a suspension.

Do I think Draymond was so frustrated with Adams that he blatantly just kicked him in the nuts? No.

Do I think he should be suspended? The fan part of me says no for obvious fan reasons but I'm not going to argue against it if he did. The hit was just too dead center. I mean if you take a close up of Adam's cheeks, you can see literally see his own nuts in his mouth.

Big picture thing- Last night was the first time I've seen Dray lose his composure to the point it made him distracted. Not to mention, this series is the first time I've seen a frontcourt player gain a mental edge on Dray in Steven Adams. Usually it's the other way around even with more talented big men but for whatever reason, Adams has just taken Dray out of his game without really saying anything to him (at least as far as I can tell). Over the years, we've seen teams try to mess with Draymond by trying various conventional tactics (IE -dare him to play offense - he developed a passable 3 pointer and became a better distributor/scorer off the drive). I think the fact that Adams has outmatched Draymond's toughness (which is something he hangs his hat on) + his technical foul issue has taken away his mental underdog edge.

Either that or Adams has the ultimate yo momma dis and used it on Dray.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
kinda disappointed in steve kerr one of the heroes of my youth with this bullshit. at least say "i didn't see it" or something along those lines. "this stuff happens all the time" is not the proper response.

Nah, you have to stick up for your guys. I don't hold it against Kerr.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
That kick was intended. The rest of greens body was moving laterally, towards the basket, and he was in a shooting motion. You'd be trying to steput around / underneath the defender, both because it's the right basketball move and because that's what your body is naturally inclined to do to maintain balance and stability.

At BEST, he meant to sort of shove Adams back with his foot, not kick him square in the nuts. But there's no way that was incidental contact.

This intent debate is missing something. There is room between "he didn't mean to do it" and "it was totally an intentional nut shot". That room is "recklessness". Recklessness is the reasonable expectation that your lack of care will lead to a dangerous result.

Even if we accept that draymond always flails and didn't specifically try to nut shot, it's indisputable in anyone's arguments here that he recklessly created the likelihood that he'd hurt or injure someone by karate kicking. If your best argument is "he always does this" - that's not a compelling argument that he not face consequences.

That kick was intended. The rest of greens body was moving laterally, towards the basket, and he was in a shooting motion. You'd be trying to steput around / underneath the defender, both because it's the right basketball move and because that's what your body is naturally inclined to do to maintain balance and stability.

At BEST, he meant to sort of shove Adams back with his foot, not kick him square in the nuts. But there's no way that was incidental contact.

Yep. Especially in light of the knee to the groin one game earlier that Green got away with, the league needs to step in and take some sort of action here.

Dthomp

it's weird how many of the talking heads are in favor of not suspending draymond..

Man, listening to that piece of crap Steven A Smith defend Green is insane. How does anybody with working limbs not understand that you don't kick up after landing by accident? Also the insanity that he should get a pass because it's the WCFs and it might cost GS...shouldn't that have been in Greens head before continuing his punk ass actions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom