• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

random25

What are the odds of Cavs, Raps or Thunder winning the chip? Maybe it's still not too late to bet and make easy money.

Live by the three, die by the three has not worked really well in the playoffs, and maybe the Warriors are starting to get caught up by this.

Almost everyone said "I'm picking the Warriors but I wouldn't count out OKC."

People respected the team that thumped the 67-win Spurs. The Giants were a 9-7 joke that lucked their way to the Super Bowl. Big difference.

Yeah I don't get what people are saying here other than hating on the Warriors.

The Warriors are getting beat by a great team peaking at the right time.

The Patriots choked to a barely over .500 team that basically lucked its way into the Super Bowl.

dream

I can't even blame anyone who believed the great Stephen Curry myth. I mean, he was unanimously voted MVP, an award that he won two years in a row. Just like Steve Nash.

I do think Steph is less than 100%, which, uh, considering his knee and ankle both almost quit on him... isn't surprising.

The bigger problem is that they're getting Globetrotter'd on the other end of the floor. They can't stop Durant/Westbrook.

(the biggest problem is that Westbrook is playing like a PG for the first time in his life)

It's kind of crazy that the Warriors could lose this game and they would still have a chance to win. All they would have to do is somehow win in OKC game 6.

Ric Flair

Banned
It has nothing to do with Injury. And I hope people don't start using this as an excuse for Curry. Absolutely nothing is wrong with him from a physical standpoint, OKC is just the better team.
I don't know if I'd go that far. He's probably playing hurt, but Adams is playing with a cup on his dick. Beat that, Curry

HeySeuss

It has nothing to do with Injury. And I hope people don't start using this as an excuse for Curry. Absolutely nothing is wrong with him from a physical standpoint, OKC is just the better team.

Exactly. Couple that with statistically he has to have a stretch of a couple of bad shooting games due to the law of averages. No excuses, its just the way it works out sometimes.

Joei

At least the Cavs looked like they got it figured out a little during that second loss. I fully expect them to come back home and win game 5. GSW are done. The way they're playing, they just look out-coached, out-played, out-manned.

BumRush

Almost everyone said "I'm picking the Warriors but I wouldn't count out OKC."

People respected the team that thumped the 67-win Spurs. The Giants were a 9-7 joke that lucked their way to the Super Bowl. Big difference.

For the record, I think the pats collapse is much worse. But you said people were seriously picking OKC and you and I both know that isn't true at all.

badb0y

OKC exposing Warriors greatest deficiency. Athleticism. They guys cannot catch a goddamn rebound. They can't stay in front of their opponent on defense.

At least the Cavs looked like they got it figured out a little during that second loss. I fully expect them to come back home and win game 5. GSW are done. The way they're playing, they just look out-coached, out-played, out-manned.

If TOR lost game 4, the series was over. It took every ounce of their power to hold off the vicious comeback the Cavs had, so I give them respect,

I fully expect us to be back on our best game at game 5.

It has to do with being rusty from missing 3 weeks of basketball. And, no, he doesn't look anywhere near the same player that he did in the regular season. This Curry wouldn't get voted to the All-Star game, let alone unanimous MVP. And it's not because of OKC's defense either (although they have excellent shot blockers); he hasn't looked like himself since he came back outside of that OT against the Blazers.

Yeah you can't go the injury route after he buried the Blazers like he did.

It has to do with being rusty from missing 3 weeks of basketball. And, no, he doesn't look anywhere near the same player that he did in the regular season. This Curry wouldn't get voted to the All-Star game, let alone unanimous MVP. And it's not because of OKC's defense either (although they have excellent shot blockers); he hasn't looked like himself since he came back outside of that OT against the Blazers.

He sold the rest of his soul for 5 minutes against Portland.

(He's from Ohio, it can't be helped.)

dream

OKC exposing Warriors greatest deficiency. Athleticism. They guys cannot catch a goddamn rebound. They can't stay in front of their opponent on defense.
They've never needed to! Not when someone can set a half court pick to free Stephen up for a 35 footer.

rambis

Banned
Curry is actually hitting his shots and getting to the rim. I wanna say he's hit his last three jumpers including the one that didn't count.

hbkdx12

It's kind of crazy that the Warriors could lose this game and they would still have a chance to win. All they would have to do is somehow win in OKC game 6.

That's the thing. Regardless of what happens tonight, i'm putting my money on GS winning at home but if they lose here tonight back to back, i can't imagine they'll pull out a road win in game 6

That's the thing. Regardless of what happens tonight, i'm putting my money on GS winning at home but if they lose here tonight back to back, i can't imagine they'll pull out a road win in game 6

also, assuming they don't come back tonight, wouldn't this be the only time they've lost back-to-back games all season?

Gigglepoo

For the record, I think the pats collapse is much worse. But you said people were seriously picking OKC and you and I both know that isn't true at all.

I didn't say that. Everyone picked GS with the caveat "OKC is really good." People are making this out like it's Cleveland/Toronto. That's a series where no one gave the underdog a shot.

Yeah I don't get what people are saying here other than hating on the Warriors.

The Warriors are getting beat by a great team peaking at the right time.

The Patriots choked to a barely over .500 team that basically lucked its way into the Super Bowl.

I mean that Giants team did beat the 1 and 2 seeds in the NFC that year

Billy Donovan comes out looking so good if the thunder win. Two of the top five guys in the league on your team playing out of their minds. Scotty brooks is cryin (into his millions).

I do think Steph is somewhat banged up / rusty and it's impacting him, but don't under-estimate OKC's defense. Durant is playing the best defense of his life. Getting in passing lanes, contesting shots. Their overall team length has got the entire Warrior team rattled and Curry is feeling the effects too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom