• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sort of insane. This team won 73 games and statistically had one of the 2 or 3 best seasons in the history of this sport and they are going to lose (and lose badly) in the WCF. What an upset. All of a sudden this becomes the narrative/story of this team rather than the title they won last year. People will remember them more for winning 73 and choking than winning a title in 2015.
It's even funnier because this season was GState's attempt to silence all the people complaining about how they beat injured teams last year.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Curry nooooo

Did Jordan ever go pointless in a quarter in his playoff career? Serious question, but I highly doubt it.

The Jordan, Curry comparisons were always laughable but even when OKC wins this, GS still has a chance. Go back to GS and win that. One game at a time.

You have to figure Curry will eventually get out of this slump and heat up.

CjRSAfiWUAAS5QZ.jpg

5UOraqe.gif

Tom Penny

This is sort of insane. This team won 73 games and statistically had one of the 2 or 3 best seasons in the history of this sport and they are going to lose (and lose badly) in the WCF. What an upset. All of a sudden this becomes the narrative/story of this team rather than the title they won last year. People will remember them more for winning 73 and choking than winning a title in 2015.
It just magnifies how weak their title was going through a bunch of injured teams.

Exactly what im thinking right now.

Is Golden State the most fraudulent team in recent memory? My goodness.

They are playing like big time frontrunners right now. It's all good when you're offense is clicking every night and you are routing teams and hitting no-look 3's from 40 feet out, but the moment some adversity hits them in the mouth, the moment someone figures out what to throw at their "lineup of death" they look like they have no idea what to do. Granted they had some adversity last year when they went down 2-1 in the Finals but even then deep down they knew that Cleveland roster was Lebron + trash. This time they ran into a team that is not only not afraid of them, but also has the talent to match.

Two Words

I thought I was over the Warriors upsetting the 67 win Mavericks in the first round. Seeing the Warrior's have their 73 win season ruined is giving me a strange sense of vindication though.

jman2050

The 96 Bulls were falling apart at the seams as the playoffs progressed but they still managed to take care of business with only three total losses.

Jordan would never have let this happen!

This is what happens when you play perfect defense on Stephen Curry and Draymond Green can't pick up the slack.

I gotta say...I never expected this from OKC.

They are playing like big time frontrunners right now. It's all good when you're offense is clicking every night and you are routing teams and hitting no-look 3's from 40 feet out, but the moment some adversity hits them in the mouth, the moment someone figures out what to throw at their "lineup of death" they look like they have no idea what to do. Granted they had some adversity last year when they went down 2-1 in the Finals but even then deep down they knew that Cleveland roster was Lebron + trash. This time they ran into a team that is not only not afraid of them, but also has the talent to match.

The most striking thing to me about the Warriors this series is just how undisciplined they've played. This is what I expected (and in the early going, what we saw) from Oklahoma City, but the Thunder have managed to come together as a team and step it up to another level of energy and intensity while Golden State looks flustered and uncertain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom