• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

KazenY2J

The last time GSW lost 2 in a row was in last year's Finals. They won the next 3 games to win the Championship.

Don't count my boys out yet, but credit to OKC for making it a great series.
They beat a hobbled Cavs team, OKC have two of the top five players in the league.

SCChappy

Banned
The Cavs win the championship and LeBron can go fuck off to New York or wherever and have his super friends team and I'll still like him

CD'S BAR

I'll be happy for whoever wins if the finals come down to thunder/cavs. I don't hate lebron since he left miami, in fact i kind of like him.

The Cavs win the championship and LeBron can go fuck off to New York or wherever and have his super friends team and I'll still like him

Super friends would most likely take place in Miami. Bosh retires, making room for Carmelo. Trade for CP3. Sign Lebron as a free agent.

The Thunder are out-everythinging them.

Indeed.

At this point it is on Kerr. The only person who even looked like they were paying attention to what was happening across the floor was Klay. Everyone else was listless alternated with being sloppy as fuck. No hunger; no focus.

If anyone can turn around a series like this it is GSW, but it is going to be a serious grind against a team as hot and physical as OKC. They need to play smart, not desperate.

Lol can't believe the Wizards hired Scott Brooks.

I mean the only reason you hire him is for the KD sweepstakes in the off-season now that idea is good as over.

kaiju

They beat a hobbled Cavs team, OKC have two of the top five players in the league.

And the Warriors took it to OKC in Game 2. Either team can catch fire at any moment. I agree OKC is a force to be reckoned with, I'm just saying I don't think it's over for the Dubs just yet.

If the Thunder makes it to the Finals and wins the championship, there goes everyone's dreams of Durant for their team.

That's likely off the table already given the amount of talent around him in OKC. The only possible destination for him that would give him an equal chance of winning titles is Golden State, and...well...do I even have to go on?

This isn't just about confidence. OKC has a great gameplan. You can't just magically fix that overnight.

Through four games, it's just men vs. boys. It's getting really hard to imagine GS winning three in a row when they're getting smashed on the boards like this. And Russell Westbrook...dude's a force of nature.

The thing about the raps is everyone, from Cory to Terrence fucking Ross are playing like they finally believe they have earned the right to be in the ECF. I believe in the raptors. We the north.

Not saying Raps are even getting past the Cavs, but like after game 4 people really need to snap out of it with the shade. We went from Cleveland has an easy road to the finals to Cleveland looks like they are in ruin in 48 hours. The Raps have legit earned the benefit of the doubt that they wouldn't roll over and die regardless of who they would play remaining in the playoffs.

To be fair I don't think the Cavs would win easily against the Thunder unless they regained their round 2 shooting

That wasn't my point though. My point was we've been on this "Raps gonna get their shit kicked in by ________" since mid April. When are we going to admit these assumptions are starting to just be outlandish on the basis of recent history proving the opposite occurring? Will Raps beat the Cavs? I dunno, no one can legit call it at this point. But 1 week ago no one gave them the slightest chance in hell so.

I'd argue the Warriors aren't exactly hitting their shots either.

And Curry's 19 points was his worst playoff performance this year.

This was the first time I can ever recall Curry deferring so much in the 4th quarter. He isn't generating offense but on the other end his check is torching him...

random25

Damn, will this be the biggest upset if the Thunder win it?

I don't think it's the biggest upset but I'm sure it'll be up there. While GSW is the favorites to win this season, OKC beating the Spurs in West semis actually made a lot of people reconsider their chances. I still think the Pistons defeating the superteam Lakers in 2004 remains the biggest upset in NBA history.

Wonder how Raps gonna unleash JV and force Cavs to stick with Tristan Thompson more heck even play
Mosgov.
Both scenarios are good since Tristan Thompson going to be put on skates by Lowry and CoryJo if he switches or JV in the post or rollin the basket.
Should be interesting.
Dominate the paint

Bitanator

I don't think it's the biggest upset but I'm sure it'll be up there. While GSW is the favorites to win this season, OKC beating the Spurs in West semis actually made a lot of people reconsider their chances. I still think the Pistons defeating the superteam Lakers in 2004 remains the biggest upset in NBA history.

That was a good one. I'm just thinking this team was so confident coming into the playoffs, they lack confidence here, like they have not learned to fight through adversity at all through the regular season. This is worse than losing in the finals, these guys will not even get there

Tom Penny

Wonder how Raps gonna unleash JV and force Cavs to stick with Tristan Thompson more heck even play
Mosgov.
Both scenarios are good since Tristan Thompson going to be put on skates by Lowry and CoryJo if he switches or JV in the post or rollin the basket.
Should be interesting.
Dominate the paint
They will put Frye at Center.

That's likely off the table already given the amount of talent around him in OKC. The only possible destination for him that would give him an equal chance of winning titles is Golden State, and...well...do I even have to go on?

I think that once they eliminated San Antonio, it was very clear that he wasn't going anywhere. So Nic Batum is the greatest prize in this free agency season? (Miami WILL max out Whiteside now, there's no way they let him walk). What a boring FA season this will be. :(

Meh, I still believe. All comes down to the one final game in OKC whether they can do it or not. This team, at their best, can beat anyone so it's not as though they lucked into the WCF and are facing a team above their level. But they have to play their best basketball and that was only in half of game 1 and all of game 2.

dream

Not saying Raps are even getting past the Cavs, but like after game 4 people really need to snap out of it with the shade. We went from Cleveland has an easy road to the finals to Cleveland looks like they are in ruin in 48 hours. The Raps have legit earned the benefit of the doubt that they wouldn't roll over and die regardless of who they would play remaining in the playoffs.
Well, here's the question I have: let's say the series goes to a game 7. Who do you think is more likely to wilt: the Raps, who are playing to make history, and actually finally trust each other, or All Star Kevin Love, passive "point-forward" Lebron, and Matty Delladueva? I'd feel much more comfortable backing the former, personally.

Rainy

Banned
Man, I at least thought this would be an exciting series. I would rather see an OKC vs CLE finals than Toronto. Either way it is cool than none of the usual contenders are even in the conference finals. GS has only been good for a couple of years, so it's weird seeing the hate against them. I wonder if people would feel the same if they hadn't broken that stupid record

Last year they were a breakout success story, it was really easy to like them. This year the media hyped them to hell and back, not to mention that Draymond has been amazingly easy to dislike this year. Steph, Klay, and the other guys are nice guys though. (This team reminds me a lot of that 18-1 Pats team, except I think that was worse, plus they had cheating accusations so..)

This is coming from someone who grew up in the Bay Area too. I like the team but it's easy to see why people want them to fail.

Also since I went to school in Southern California all of my friends who are Lakers fan are enjoying the hell out of this, so I'm getting an extra dose :p

If KD gets a ring though I'd be pretty happy, one of my favorite guys in the league. Russ too.

Meh, I still believe. All comes down to the one final game in OKC whether they can do it or not. This team, at their best, can beat anyone so it's not as though they lucked into the WCF and are facing a team above their level. But they have to play their best basketball and that was only in half of game 1 and all of game 2.
OKC has already beaten them in Golden State, they can very well do it again. The Warriors have a bunch of matchup problems that won't go away when they are at home.

It's ok because you'll be an okc lifelong when gsw lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom