• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

31:54

Agent Curry activated
kunk-rum.gif

OKC has already beaten them in Golden State, they can very well do it again.

I'm aware, but they had control of that game until they decided to go on cruise control in the third quarter. Wasn't the wall to wall ass kicking they received in these road games.

It's ok because you'll be an okc lifelong when gsw lose!

No shit, they'd be the only hope this league has left from (presumably) the Cavs and Lebron. Raptors aren't looking too bad either, if they win another game at home then anything can happen in a game 7.

Well, here's the question I have: let's say the series goes to a game 7. Who do you think is more likely to wilt: the Raps, who are playing to make history, and actually finally trust each other, or All Star Kevin Love, passive "point-forward" Lebron, and Matty Delladueva? I'd feel much more comfortable backing the former, personally.

Fair point indeed, I can't see Kevin Love showing up for a crucial game like that. But I think Lebron would and Delly would but then again so would Raptors backcourt. Would be interesting pressure would be so high for Cleveland you got the most expensive roster in NBA history and you might lose to the Toronto Raptors who don't even have a legitimate starting PF in their starting five.

Well, here's the question I have: let's say the series goes to a game 7. Who do you think is more likely to wilt: the Raps, who are playing to make history, and actually finally trust each other, or All Star Kevin Love, passive "point-forward" Lebron, and Matty Delladueva? I'd feel much more comfortable backing the former, personally.

More likely to Wilt? Cleveland. Just based off the fact that they haven't been tested all post season until now. Raptors already have 2 game 7 wins under their belt. They are far more tested to know how important game 7 is and how to prepare physically and mentally. But I am not going to assume Lebron is gonna wilt or Delly. But all those easy relaxed 3s, I don't see them going down the cylinder as effortlessly.

Anthony Davis when healthy is above PG. CP3 is still above him as well. George is still a great player though, obviously.

Anthony Davis is never healthy. CP3 as far as I'm concerned needs to lead his team past being their regular shitty fraud selves in the playoffs before I'm sticking him above George. George does more with way less.

yuraya

I wonder how many people out there entertained the idea of a Thunder vs Raptors finals when the playoffs started. Especially after that game 1 between the Thunder and Spurs. The raptors have looked like shit so many times as well in the first 2 series. They lost game 1 of every series.

The ratings for Thunder vs Raptors would be shit. Props to both teams tho. Especially the Thunder.

Mortemis

Banned
If the dubs don't come back, welcome to the best record yet didn't even make the championship series club with the Mariners. At least y'all got your chip already.

Didnt expect OKC to get this far but man KD and Westbrook are playing their hearts out. Doesn't feel like GS has the same fight.

random25

Anthony Davis when healthy is above PG. CP3 is still above him as well. George is still a great player though, obviously.

I'd say PG right now is ahead of them both when PG is 100% healthy too. Anthony Davis though can be an MVP and be a dominant force in a few years if he only stays healthy.

UncleMeat

The Thunder were definitely playing better when I had a beer in hand. I don't want to take too much credit but....you're welcome ThuderGAF.

After what PG13 did to my Raptors for 7 games, I definitely would take him over Kawhi. Definitely not knocking how good Kawhi is, he is great. But no way he does what PG13 did to the Raps with that supporting cast he had with the Pacers.

PG13 was beastin on us and warranted those TMac comparions about his game.

I wonder how many people out there entertained the idea of a Thunder vs Raptors finals when the playoffs started. Especially after that game 1 between the Thunder and Spurs. The raptors have looked like shit so many times as well in the first 2 series. They lost game 1 of every series.

The ratings for Thunder vs Raptors would be shit. Props to both teams tho. Especially the Thunder.

I'd give more props to the Raptors, they're playing just as hard as the Thunder and getting absolutely killed by the refs for it. At least the Thunder get calls.

jfoul

Dubs are going out like suckers. They better put together a nice 3 game stretch or their reputation will forever be tarnished.

This Golden State team is on the verge of joining the 2007 Patriots in the salt mine of sports history.

Tekniqs

good lord...that "lost and found" dunk by Jordan Kilganon is insane. Wonder if he's gonna attempt it tonight.

anyone watching dunk king?

So if OKC wins the series, the three remaining teams will all be vying to win their first championship.

Teams without a gold tag on their jerseys:

Cleveland
OKC
Toronto
Memphis
Clippers
Brooklyn
Indiana
Charlotte
Orlando
Phoenix
Sacramento
New Orleans
Denver
Minnesota
Utah

That's half the league without a championship!
You which team's not on the list. Milwaukee. Got theirs out of the way early

mjp2417

Banned
Anthony Davis is never healthy. CP3 as far as I'm concerned needs to lead his team past being their regular shitty fraud selves in the playoffs before I'm sticking him above George. George does more with way less.

That's one way of looking at Davis. Another way is that he's an absolute monster even while being banged up (he's also missed less time over his career because of injury than George). I don't think there is a single executive in the league that wouldn't take Davis over George. Also, George has yet to win anything of consequence in the playoffs either despite the built-in advantage of playing in the East. He's also never finished above CP3 in the MVP voting. I don't think there's a huge gap between the three at this point, but Davis and Paul rank slightly higher by just about any metric.

Jonm1010

Banned
Anthony Davis is great, but if you were starting an NBA team right now, just about everyone would rather have KAT.

As a Pelicans fan I think its close and I would probably lean slightly toward KAT. I will say this, and it hurts me to say it, but I have a hard time imagining KAT won't have a much, much better career due to his situation. Minnesota has really hit it out of the park with how they rebuilt. If they grab Kris Dunn or even Bender in the draft, I think they are going to be the next OKC. Maybe better given they have a legit top 5 coach now.

The Pels have really dropped the ball with building around Davis and its really frustrating to watch. I think his growth has definitely been stunted a bit.

random25

If the Thunder win the championship will it be the most impressive run to a title in NBA history

It probably will be. Beating the top 2 teams record-wise (one is best in NBA history, one is best in franchise history), beating at least 2 of the favorites to win this year (3 if Cleveland makes it to the finals), it would be a feat that may not be repeated or exceeded for a long time if it happens.

Curry has had fits and starts since his return but he hasn't taken a game over from start to finish like before. Even in your gif he had started off horribly then had a crazy OT.

Or maybe he's not capable of taking over a game in the playoffs from start to finish. He's dealing with more physical defense than anything he's seen in the regular season.

Fjordson

So how cheap can we get this for. We need a need center yo. Desperate times.

Or maybe he's not capable of taking over a game in the playoffs from start to finish. He's dealing with more physical defense than anything he's seen in the regular season.
Wat. He's done that plenty of times lol. Dude is already in the top 10 all-time for playoff ppg.

Steph hot takes are gonna be brutal this summer, can already tell.

mjp2417

Banned
If the Thunder win the championship will it be the most impressive run to a title in NBA history

Yes, even if it is against the Raptors. Their last two opponents have averaged 70 wins. Also, holy shit, the Toronto Raptors would have home court in the NBA Finals in that scenario
It's not going to be OKC-Toronto

Codeblue

I could hear people chanting in the streets from my apartment a couple of miles away from the stadium. I was pretty cold on Donovan after the regular season, but it looks like he knows what he's doing after all.

Wat. He's done that plenty of times lol. Dude is already in the top 10 all-time for playoff ppg.

Steph hot takes are gonna be brutal this summer, can already tell.

You don't want to make a deal with the devil...

I like Dwight, I really do. I know he's a bit of an asshole and he's a headcase and coach killer and shit, but isn't Lebron also all those things? Once you get over that part, the thing is that Dwight is still a very good Center, like very good, and those are rare in the NBA. Could work for the Warriors, but I think he'd be a better fit in Portland. The small market could do wonders for him.

I remember I caught some flak when I said a few days ago that the Blazers should get Dwight. And I really think they should. While his game has flaws, he's still one of the best in his position by far. Spread 4 athletic and young guys around him that can shoot and there we go. Chemistry is good for that team already and I doubt that with the smaller environment and preassure that Dwight doesn't thrive. Blazers are only one or two pieces away.

Gs has looked way too cocky with Steph and green for a long time. They acted like they can't lose even when losing game three.

So, in a way glad to see them being beat and they have a ton of band wagon fans. That's fine honestly and is expected.

I don't know if they can come back, they are mentally in trouble but I'd say they can come back and win. Could still go either way.

Green will feel better at home if they get there. Lot of people making bank on thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom