• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbkdx12

Huge win tonight but I'm still going with OKC in 6

I'd legitimately be like:

tumblr_inline_n3n3r1MKbX1s1ftu5.jpg

if dubs couldn't atleast pull out a win at home. After the last two nights though i don't expect them to win game 6 on the road

lol, an NBA mobile app ad just showed with that OT game and I was like "oh, OKC scored 118 again"

Eh, Warriors were largely a pile of shit in the 40 years between titles. At least you guys have a gold tag on the back of your jerseys. I'll always root for a team lacking the gold tag.

fwiw I'm a Cleveland fan, it's just bizarre to see another city's team performing like I'd expect us to in the event that one of our teams won 73

dream

OKC will close this out next game.

Do you guys think Raptors can actually beat the Cavs tomorrow?
Yes. And if the Raps win game 5, they win the series. And they beat OKC in a 7 game series. Congratulations MetalFearSolid! I need a one dance, got a Hennessy in my hands.

If the Thunder makes it to the Finals and wins the championship, there goes everyone's dreams of Durant for their team. Im sure he will stay, sign a 1 year deal and then resign next year a monster contract at the same time as Westbrook, thus assuring being Westbrook's bitch for years and years to come.

They will say "we got tired going after the record" excuses
Dumbasses for going after the record , once #1 was locked up just rest

It wasn't the record. Every team played 82 games. They won a huge amount sure but they were not a grind out team. They blew teams away on shooting, they weren't like a Memphis or a Toronto that had to grit out a large bulk of their wins. It's bullshit to use "we were tired". Especially given they cruised through the first 2 rounds of the playoffs too.

Yeah, they're vicious. The LeBron hate is so intense man. Plus the people that want to kick a city down that hasn't won shit in forever is just sad.

Toronto and Cleveland are a lot alike I guess in that sense.

Both Cities haven't won something major in ages( unless you count the Leafs winning the 1 draft pick overall, but I don't really count that as a win)

kaiju

The last time GSW lost 2 in a row was in last year's Finals. They won the next 3 games to win the Championship.

Don't count my boys out yet, but credit to OKC for making it a great series.

SCChappy

Banned
Yes. And if the Raps win game 5, they win the series. And they beat OKC in a 7 game series. Congratulations MetalFearSolid! I need a one dance, got a Hennessy in my hands.

There's no way the Raps can beat this Thunder team playing like they are now.

Two Words

GSW are playing like that dude that crushes people at the rec center with his above average length/athleticism and one day runs into another guy with equal length/athleticism.

Toronto and Cleveland are a lot alike I guess in that sense.

Both Cities haven't won something major in ages( unless you count the Leafs winning the 1 draft pick overall, but I don't really count that as a win)

Nah, if you counted that man, the Cavs would be several times over champs with all the luck we've had in the lotto. lol.

Good luck though. I like the Raps, just, 52 years man. We're desperate. I just want one. Then you guys can have the next one. xD

Kevtones

I feel like this shouldn't be that shocking after the Portland series. Let's not forget the Blazers blew double digit leads in 3 games they lost in that series.

So if OKC wins the series, the three remaining teams will all be vying to win their first championship.

Teams without a gold tag on their jerseys:

Cleveland
OKC
Toronto
Memphis
Clippers
Brooklyn
Indiana
Charlotte
Orlando
Phoenix
Sacramento
New Orleans
Denver
Minnesota
Utah

That's half the league without a championship!

SCChappy

Banned
I just want Cleveland to win it once. I don't care about what happens after that. LeBron can leave and we can go back to being terrible again. I just want it once.

random25

If the Thunder make it to the finals, then this year's finals would be the first time in a long while that 2 teams that yet to win a championship will face each other and bring the first one to their franchise. Last time I can remember this happened is Mavs-Heat in 2006.

I just want Cleveland to win it once. I don't care about what happens after that. LeBron can leave and we can go back to being terrible again. I just want it once.

We've joked we'll drive him to the airport. lol. We're not greedy. Hell, they'd build so many LeBron statues around town, you wouldn't even know he was gone. xD

<3

Gigglepoo

So if OKC wins the series, the three remaining teams will all be vying to win their first championship.

Teams without a gold tag on their jerseys:

Cleveland
OKC
Toronto
Memphis
Clippers
Brooklyn
Indiana
Charlotte
Orlando
Phoenix
Sacramento
New Orleans
Denver
Minnesota
Utah

That's half the league without a championship!

OKC has Seattle's 1979 title.

There's no way the Raps can beat this Thunder team playing like they are now.

This has been the theme of every series the Raps have played in thus far in this thread. When the fuck are we gonna admit maybe they have a shot? I swear, they are gonna have to literally chip before people give them credit as a good team.

Man, I at least thought this would be an exciting series. I would rather see an OKC vs CLE finals than Toronto. Either way it is cool than none of the usual contenders are even in the conference finals. GS has only been good for a couple of years, so it's weird seeing the hate against them. I wonder if people would feel the same if they hadn't broken that stupid record

I feel like this shouldn't be that shocking after the Portland series. Let's not forget the Blazers blew double digit leads in 3 games they lost in that series.

Yup. I'm glad I got a post after that series saying I think OKC could win. Blazers out rebounded GSW and I thought that was a very bad sign considering how much better OKC's front court is than the Blazers. Plus you have a point guard that can rebound and doesn't slow down for 4 quarters.

dream

This has been the theme of every series the Raps have played in thus far in this thread. When the fuck are we gonna admit maybe they have a shot? I swear, they are gonna have to literally chip before people give them credit as a good team.
The thing about the raps is everyone, from Cory to Terrence fucking Ross are playing like they finally believe they have earned the right to be in the ECF. I believe in the raptors. We the north.

SCChappy

Banned

To be fair I don't think the Cavs would win easily against the Thunder unless they regained their round 2 shooting

Man, I at least thought this would be an exciting series. I would rather see an OKC vs CLE finals than Toronto. Either way it is cool than none of the usual contenders are even in the conference finals. GS has only been good for a couple of years, so it's weird seeing the hate against them. I wonder if people would feel the same if they hadn't broken that stupid record
It's mostly Draymond Green's fault. He's a dirty/obnoxious player that's easy to hate.

random25

no one should even have the right to be angry at lbj if he wins the Cavs a championship and then leaves

Cleveland should have not been angry at LeBron leaving the first time in the first place. It actually netted them a lot of top draft picks which would not have happened if LeBron stayed there. They just fumbled those a lot though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom