• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who even wants Howard at this point? If I were going for a big man I'd rather take Whiteside or Boogie. The man has burned so many bridges with teams, including San Antonio even though he's never been courted by them (and never will be), but he has hit his ceiling.

I wonder if the Celts are interested in Howard. I can't imagine they'd be willing to pay league max for him though. The free agent well would have to be really dry before that happened.

I don't see how he'll fit their system. The team feasts on fastbreak points.

Speaking about the Celts. Obviously, I don't want them winning game 2, but if they carry the momentum from the 2nd half into the game then I can see it happening. I hate Marcus Smart.

Eos

Harden's game is a work of art
troll.png

Messi

I love the masterful art of how Harden draws fouls. I love how wound up it makes people. Its like he is trolling everyone.

I told everyone that the Mavs would be competitive in this series. The talent differential is huge but Dirk and Carlisle make up a ton of that.

Felton deserves some credit to, leading scorer for the team and even though he missed those last FT's he played his ass off the whole game. Getting rebounds, going to the paint for layups.

Mejiri did pretty good as well despite some mental errors, every time Carlisle would sub him out for Pachulia OKC would immediately go on a run and Carlisle would have to yank Pachulia to put Mejiri back in.

Who even wants Howard at this point? If I were going for a big man I'd rather take Whiteside or Boogie. The man has burned so many bridges with teams, including San Antonio even though he's never been courted by them (and never will be), but he has hit his ceiling.

Everyone is going to have money to burn this summer. Someone will talk themselves into Dwight at max money pretty easily.

TSM

I don't see how he'll fit their system. The team feasts on fastbreak points.

Speaking about the Celts. Obviously, I don't want them winning game 2, but if they carry the momentum from the 2nd half into the game then I can see it happening. I hate Marcus Smart.

Well the current system isn't really sustainable. The Celts pretty much try and straight jacket the other team on defense and then try and convert the extra shots from turnovers and stops into enough offense to win the game. In that sense Howard wouldn't be a terrible fit, but I don't think it's the path forward. Right now the Celts are a team full of utility players. The Celts eventually need a couple guys that can reliably score 20+ a night.

boxter432

I love the masterful art of how Harden draws fouls. I love how wound up it makes people. Its like he is trolling everyone.
It's just extremely boring to watch. Free throws are boring. I mean it literally stops the game for a minute.
This is from a wolves fan, a team that can't make a shot and relied on drawing lots of fouls.
Harden isn't fun to watch, though with his skill he really should be.
Wade 2006 finals was awful bc they won on a million phantom fouls. Nba really needs to cut back on fouls by like 30% or more. Stop calling what I like call "assumed fouls", cut back on the exaggerated continuation, and let me watch elite athletes run, dunk, steal, block, and shoot instead of standing around watching a guy standing around.
But I'm not wound up ;)

Well the current system isn't really sustainable. The Celts pretty much try and straight jacket the other team on defense and then try and convert the extra shots from turnovers and stops into enough offense to win the game. In that sense Howard wouldn't be a terrible fit, but I don't think it's the path forward. Right now the Celts are a team full of utility players. The Celts eventually need a couple guys that can reliably score 20+ a night.

I don't think Howard is the answer tho. He has maybe 1 good year left in him and with the way the roster is constructed now, the Celts don't have the necessary shooters to surround him with.

Messi

It's just extremely boring to watch. Free throws are boring. I mean it literally stops the game for a minute.
This is from a wolves fan, a team that can't make a shot and relied on drawing lots of fouls.
Harden isn't fun to watch, though with his skill he really should be.
Wade 2006 finals was awful bc they won on a million phantom fouls. Nba really needs to cut back on fouls by like 30% or more. Stop calling what I like call "assumed fouls", cut back on the exaggerated continuation, and let me watch elite athletes run, dunk, steal, block, and shoot instead of standing around watching a guy standing around.
But I'm not wound up ;)

They will stop it the same time as they stop teams hacking players.

Fjordson

Harden's free throws are all on GS tonight. I'm usually complaining about his phantom whistles, but GS is reaching everywhere for some reason this game.

TSM

I don't think Howard is the answer tho. He has maybe 1 good year left in him and with the way the roster is constructed now, the Celts don't have the necessary shooters to surround him with.

At any rate the Celts will have an enormous amount of cap space for next season. It'll be interesting to see what Ainge and Stevens have been up to. There's no way they haven't been courting guys heading into the off season.

Shaq is so right. Harden is the problem. He's failing to lead by example, absolutely nonexistent on defense and everyone(mostly) follows suit.

Harden's D was just as bad last season...yet they got to the conf finals. Something else is up.

Yeah, but Harden can't keep avoiding this area of his game and expect to get past 1st round this time around.

I don't necessarily hate the Rockets either and would like to see them improve.

Edit: I wonder if Curry plays next game.

Messi

Yeah, but Harden can't keep avoiding this area of his game and expect to get past 1st round this time around.

Hardens D is a complete shambles and it is insulting seeing him do it every game.

McHale ain't around anymore to bench Harden to get em to the WCF like last year during that miraculous comeback against the Clippers.

I wonder if the Celts are interested in Howard. I can't imagine they'd be willing to pay league max for him though. The free agent well would have to be really dry before that happened.

Dwight on a long contract sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom