• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

megalowho

Well the current system isn't really sustainable. The Celts pretty much try and straight jacket the other team on defense and then try and convert the extra shots from turnovers and stops into enough offense to win the game. In that sense Howard wouldn't be a terrible fit, but I don't think it's the path forward. Right now the Celts are a team full of utility players. The Celts eventually need a couple guys that can reliably score 20+ a night.
Stevens covets skilled bigs that can shoot and pass. Pace and space will still be stressed no matter the talent level. I doubt the Celtics would pass on a traditional center in his prime like Whiteside if he showed interest, but Dwight Howard in 2016 isn't a bet worth taking for anything more than found money for a rebuilding team.

Messi

Stevens covets skilled bigs that can shoot and pass. Pace and space will still be stressed no matter the talent level. I doubt the Celtics would pass on a traditional center in his prime like Whiteside if he showed interest, but Dwight Howard in 2016 isn't a bet worth taking for anything more than found money for a rebuilding team.

Why bother looking at Howard then?

Cheebo

Banned
These are amazing.

All 8 are here:
http://imgur.com/gallery/zIfIY/

Celtics vs. Hawls
k7MfQ74.jpg

Pistons vs. Cavaliers

Spurs vs. Grizzlies

phanphare

Banned
wait, stan van got fined for saying refs aren't going to call offensive fouls on lebron and his guys need to realize that? that's good coaching, wtf?

either fine stan and actually call the fouls or don't call them and leave stan be. don't fine the dude and then keep the superstar calls intact.

wait, stan van got fined for saying refs aren't going to call offensive fouls on lebron and his guys need to realize that? that's good coaching, wtf?

either fine stan and actually call the fouls or don't call them and leave stan be. don't fine the dude and then keep the superstar calls intact.

Good coaching would only require you to say it privately to your team. Being publicly critical of the refs is an automatic fine and has been for years.

Criticism of the refs in public is a no go. It undermined the game in front of the audience.

He knew what was going to happen.

phanphare

Banned
Good coaching would only require you to say it privately to your team. Being publicly critical of the refs is an automatic fine and has been for years.

Criticism of the refs in public is a no go. It undermined the game in front of the audience.

He knew what was going to happen.

yeah I guess he worded that part poorly, should have just said "our guys need to do a better job of staying composed when the calls don't go our way"

either way I find it hilarious

if the NBA wants to stop being compared to professional wrestling maybe these are the types of things they should address

yeah I guess he worded that part poorly, should have just said "our guys need to do a better job of staying composed when the calls don't go our way"

if the NBA wants to stop being compared to professional wrestling maybe these are the types of things they should address

Stars have been getting preferential calls since Michael and it hasn't really hurt the league. I don't think most people care and I don't think the league cares.

Regardless of what some people may think, the league doesn't have an image or reputation problem. I've never heard such comparisons beyond funny gifs.

phanphare

Banned
Stars have been getting preferential calls since Michael and it hasn't really hurt the league. I don't think most people care and I don't think the league cares.

yeah I get that and honestly it's only natural

I just find it hilarious that coaches are supposed to pretend reality isn't reality when on mic

you're right, most people don't care. so why fine him for "undermining" something everyone already takes as a given? imo he wasn't bitching about the refs as much as he was his team responding poorly to that given.

I'm pretty sure he knew he was going to get a fine but wanted to try and get the refs to think about about how they're being perceived. Rewording it would've just undermined that effort.

Good to see Tommy dissing players the Celtics might want to recruit in Hortford..even if he's right.

I only read what he said but I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. Horford is good but he's not the superstar that will single-handedly make this team a championship contender.

if they want a superstar Hortford isn't one
hes a good player but hes no superstar , especially since the C position is dying, his jumper is meh

but when I see Whiteside the god I say go all in, potential is highhhhhhhhhhhh
max

Tom Penny

I only read what he said but I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. Horford is good but he's not the superstar that will single-handedly make this team a championship contender.
I 100 percent agree. Im just saying it adds no value to the series or offseason.

Bread

Banned
if they want a superstar Hortford isn't one
hes a good player but hes no superstar , especially since the C position is dying, his jumper is meh

but when I see Whiteside the god I say go all in, potential is highhhhhhhhhhhh
max
His jumper is meh? You're gonna have to back that up with something concrete, he's always been an efficient shooter.

Fjordson

You guys think there is more to curry injury than his ankle? I read an article that said the might be his foot?
Yes. I don't even think it's his ankle. At least not in the usual basketball ankle injury way, because I have yet to see a replay where he actually turns it. I think Kerr was basically telling the truth when he said "I don't know, it's his foot. Or both" meaning the ankle and his foot.

I'm holding out hope that they would be taking more precaution with him if it was serious. I was watching his warmup from like 20 feet away last night and he wasn't nursing it. He was planting on it and pushing off normally. But I'm no medical expert, so who knows. I mean didn't Marc Gasol play a game with a broken bone in his foot before being ruled out for the year? Praying this is nothing like that, hopefully they've already done x-rays and whatnot.

Yes. I don't even think it's his ankle. At least not in the usual basketball ankle injury way, because I have yet to see a replay where he actually turns it. I think Kerr was basically telling the truth when he said "I don't know, it's his foot. Or both" meaning the ankle and his foot.

I'm holding out hope that they would be taking more precaution with him if it was serious. I was watching his warmup from like 20 feet away last night and he wasn't nursing it. He was planting on it and pushing off normally. But I'm no medical expert, so who knows. I mean didn't Marc Gasol play a game with a broken bone in his foot before being ruled out for the year? Praying this is nothing like that, hopefully they've already done x-rays and whatnot.
Planting and pushing off is a good sign. Yea I'm praying too that there is no broken bone.

Fjordson

Planting and pushing off is a good sign. Yea I'm praying too that there is no broken bone.
Me too. Like a stress fracture or something.

I'm hoping that Saturday night and all day Sunday they went through all the tests to rule out something serious like that. If they did, then letting him even attempt to warmup last night is a good sign I think.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
If he has a fracture or something....man. Biggest sports letdown of my life.
We need to stop speculating. I don't even want the negative energy out there. All I will say is if it's bad and he misses this post season this entire season is ruined for me. Unless of course they miraculously find a way to repeat without him in which case it would be one of the greatest accomplishments in sports.

vibes to steph

someone out of charlotte has gotta go deep dammit!

you know he has a ring already right?
We need to stop speculating. I don't even want the negative energy out there. All I will say is if it's bad and he misses this post season this entire season is ruined for me. Unless of course they miraculously find a way to repeat without him in which case it would be one of the greatest accomplishments in sports.

we are left to speculate when not given definitive answers. I'm guessing that he'll sit for the remainder of the first round regardless of his condition just to make certain that he is okay.

If he has a fracture or something....man. Biggest sports letdown of my life.

he's always had weak ankles

blame the record , blame the owner for karma and blame the spurs for being so good this year (67 wins D:)

thats why he should sit out the entire series vs Houston, Patrick will do something dumb as shit if Stephs plays again, he doesn't give a damn

blame the record , blame the owner for karma and blame the spurs for being so good this year (67 wins D:)

thats why he should sit out the entire series vs Houston, Patrick will do something dumb as shit if Stephs plays again, he doesn't give a damn
Co-worker said the same thing about Beverley.

Eos

Like Curry said, I don't think Beverley intentionally hurts players
He's aggressive on defense and plays with passion

Fjordson

I don't think this is an ankle thing to be honest. I think he came down weird and just somehow hurt his foot / heel. I could be wrong, but I still haven't seen where he actually turned an ankle.

Fjordson

I don't think Beverly has it in his head that he's going to injure someone or anything like that, but when you try so hard to be an irritant you can accidentally take it too far in a hurry. Kinda like Delly (though Delly seems even worse in that regard).

Westbrook's injury was a perfect example of that. And then IIRC Beverly went for a steal before a timeout again the next season. That's kinda fucked up.

Messi

Like Curry said, I don't think Beverley intentionally hurts players
He's aggressive on defense and plays with passion

Yup, its his aggressive D that makes it seem like he wan'ts to hurt people. He is just trying to annoy people or get in their heads.

He did fuck up westbrook intentionally though.

russhurt_medium.gif

UncleMeat

Yup, its his aggressive D that makes it seem like he wan'ts to hurt people. He is just trying to annoy people or get in their heads.

russhurt_medium.gif

While calling a timeout, no less. Golden State would be wise to sit him out.

Eos

russhurt_medium.gif
Okay that's fucked up
Here's another video before that gif takes place, which gives me a bit more hope he'll be back sooner than later.

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/722232476072980480
Curry looks perfect here. I'd sit him out just in case, they're gonna win anyways.
Please don't ruin the joke.
I don't get it LOL sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom