• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marz

The Lakers went 7 times from 2000 to 2010 and they're a great team. Bulls go 6 times from 1991 to 98, Michael Jordan, etc.... the Lakers go 8 times! from 1980 to 1991, Celtics 12 times!! from 1957 to 1969 and both teams are dynasties... phenomenal teams... Lebron goes 6x in 6 years and the east f'n blows. Some of you need to get a clue.

The Lakers went 7 times from 2000 to 2010 and they're a great team. Bulls go 6 times from 1991 to 98, Michael Jordan, etc.... the Lakers go 8 times! from 1980 to 1991, Celtics 12 times!! from 1957 to 1969 and both teams are dynasties... phenomenal teams... Lebron goes 6x in 6 years and the east f'n blows. Some of you need to get a clue.

Slight correction: Lakers actually went to 9 Finals from 80-91.

Joei

Slight correction: Lakers actually went to 9 Finals from 80-91.

Even better. And I didn't even mention the multitude of times the Lakers went in the 60s when, if you watched basketball, it was just the Lakers v. Boston in the finals. I'm sure those were the only actual good teams and every other team in the NBA sucked.

Get a clue indeed. This number is now 8 because the shitty Raptors count as a 50 win team. I can't even imagine how weak some of the other 7 are if we look back at it.

yz8FH5x.jpg

Two Words

Because the East does fuckin blow.

Marz

Lebron should win this title, then take a break for a couple years like MJ did to rest his body and gear up for the quest for 6.

Quick

Banned
Late, but congrats to the Cavs on the win last night. Didn't think the series would go as far as it did, but the Raptors made them work for it at least.

I bought an issue of SLAM for the first time in like 15 years yesterday. It's still SLAM as fuck.

I can't believe SLAM is still being sold at print...I had a year sub for it back in the early 2000's. Back when people instead of all this advanced analytics would argue about who had the sickest handles or the tightest dunks.

I can't believe SLAM is still being sold at print...I had a year sub for it back in the early 2000's. Back when people instead of all this advanced analytics would argue about who had the sickest handles or the tightest dunks.

Shit was like $8 too. And I was disappointed by the lack of ads for special shoes that can make you jump higher.

I have to believe though that they are somehow being kept alive by the shoe companies. The entire issue is like a giant ad for adidas/Nike/under armor.

negitoro7

Has Channing Frye ever been in the 3 point contest for All-Star Saturday?

The man is on fire and will play a crucial role in the Finals a la Ray Allen.

Yea, he's been a magical piece. If the Cavs win the title with Frye being a meaningful contributor, the Cavs GM will receive much praise even with GM of the Year already being decided. I love Andy as much as anyone else in the CLE fanbase, but we went from a mascot at center to a game-changer.

I guess we'll all find out what CLE is really capable of doing in a week's time. Cautiously optimstic.

Servbot24

Banned
I am in Croatia right now and don't have good enough internet to watch the game... damn

Get em Curry

And if you don't, get the Cavs Russ

I'm sure the Warriors will clinch game 7 if they force it, there's just not much to suggest they win tonight. I think Curry has to go nuts for it to happen. It's possible but he doesn't really seem to have it this series.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

J2 Cool

I'm not sure the Warriors don't have a shot tonight. All about seizing the moment, but the longer this game stays close, the more a Steph or Klay can start smelling victory. Id say there is a bit more pressure on the Thunder too, but I suppose I would pick them. Not going to be easy though.

nillah

Banned
Right now the Cavs only opponent is themselves and how they can retain "game shape" until tipoff next Thursday. I think they'll take the Thunder to Game 6 and win it all, and that's who I have winning tonight.

Most watched playoff games since 2002. Warriors/Thunder Game 5 made it to #11. But LeBron and the Miami Heat's "Reign of Terror" takes up most of the list. Must watch television.

Because as much as everyone complained about the Heatles, they gave the League what it needed with good villains.

I'll go sacrilege here and say Jordan's ascension to the top would not have been as compelling if it were not for the Pistons being the "Big Bad" of the league.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Staying up til 2am again, last few times ive done this Golden State have been ruined by OKC

Please show up ;_;

phanphare

Banned
pumped for tonight

honestly I just want the game to be close entering the 4th quarter, would love to see either of these teams get a chip

If we're playing the ref game again, OKC went 3-1 this season with tonight's refs.

Because I loved his chemistry in Miami with Wade.....was truly fun to watch. I don't feel any relation like that with LeBron on Cleveland. I just don't care for them

Those Wade/Bron full court alley oops were always a thing of beauty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom