• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Disappointing end but that game was still worth attending, if only for the awesome send-off by the fans. Best fans in the league, by far.

No shame in losing to a great team like the Cavs, they did the job on the road. Again, best of luck to them in the finals. Enjoy, Cavs fans. Maybe this is the year, y'all finally get that championship.

DeMar will be back, Biyombo's gone since we can't retain him sans bird rights. We have the ninth pick in the draft and some assets to play with. Time to get that third star, and upgrade the SF/PF spots. Patterson isn't a starter/Scola should retire and Carroll was a mistake. Build around DeMar/Kyle/JV for the time being and we should be a top 4 team in the East next season.
The Raptors done very very well. I am hard on them because while the Cavs are clearly the superior talented team the games in Cleveland were so one sided that it turned me off the Raptors a bit. Especially to come up so small in a big game 5 after working so hard in game 4 to shut the Cavs down in the last 5min to close that deal.

Overall a fantastic season from the Raptors. 1 more quality player and Lowry being more consistent and the Raptors can achieve even greater things.

Lowry is a great player but he's too talented to pull Kevin Love like disappearing acts. He has to cut that shit out to take the next step.

Disappointing end but that game was still worth attending, if only for the awesome send-off by the fans. Best fans in the league, by far.

No shame in losing to a great team like the Cavs, they did the job on the road. Again, best of luck to them in the finals. Enjoy, Cavs fans. Maybe this is the year, y'all finally get that championship.

DeMar will be back, Biyombo's gone since we can't retain him sans bird rights. We have the ninth pick in the draft and some assets to play with. Time to get that third star, and upgrade the SF/PF spots. Patterson isn't a starter/Scola should retire and Carroll was a mistake. Build around DeMar/Kyle/JV for the time being and we should be a top 4 team in the East next season.

What? No no no.

So he cant guard lebron. Who can?

Dude is tough, versatile, and helps everyone else on D. Intangibles.

mjcry will never die

Cjg23zyVEAAyIVF.jpg

Brinbe

What? No no no.

So he cant guard lebron. Who can?

Dude is tough, versatile, and helps everyone else on D. Intangibles.

I never said he wasn't any of those things, but he's gonna be 30 next season and even with the highly expanded cap, I feel like he's gonna get paid way too much considering he really doesn't change much for the team. This isn't about guarding LeBron or anyone. Though his defensive prowess was shown to be a bit overrated. We won 56 games largely without him this season, so he wasn't even necessary. Powell may end up as a better starting option as soon as next season.

Agree to disagree, I suppose.

Anyway, time to concentrate on the draft. Nice consolation to have that ninth overall pick (thanks again, Dolan lol)

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Just saw the post game interview with Lebron on ESPN, respect for acknowledging the Toronto crowd.

What? You have to have had him on your team to be critical of him? He gets the most phantom calls out of anyone I have ever seen play since the late 80s.

EVERYONE takes punishment in the paint. That's is supposed to happen. That's the challenge of going in there..

Where did I say you have to be a fan of his team to be critical? I said he's never been on my teams so I've never had a dog in the fight. Also, I don't know what basketball you've been watching if you think Lebron of all people gets the most phantom calls. There's star guards who get calls for a defender being too close on a jump shot.

Speaking of getting calls for defenders being too close, mayhaps LeBron didn't get called for that elbow to the face because Lowry also has a recent history of trying too hard to sell contact.

I give the Raps and their fans a ton of respect. The fans I met at the Q in game 5 were great. I liked seeing Lowry and co. come down the bench before the game was over. They have a great young team up there. Hopefully they can keep their own and improve.

Drake waiting in the tunnel for Lebron though....lol.

I think we can all agree, the fanbases of Toronto, Golden State, and Oklahoma City are great, and everyone else is trash :p

Fuck that nonsense. CLE's fan base is second to fuckin none.

Toronto has Leafs and Jays who have enjoyed past and present success and Championships. Even Oklahoma City has the Sooners literally 5 minutes away who are a perennial power. Northeast Ohio has had nothing outside of LeBron's Cavs and a Game 7 World Series loss to the last 25 years of CLE sports and we're as supportive as they come of our teams and players. Browns have had one winning season in about 20 years but we show up and watch.

Fjordson

Missed the game, but congrats Cavs-GAF.

Six finals in a row for Lebron. Unreal. Seems like after a slow start to the season (by his standards) he's back to dominating lately.

I'm not sure how Atlanta sports fans are holding up to new look can't win braves. Hawks havnt had amazing success too often.

Actually I'm not a hawks fan.. When was thier best season or team ever?

I don't think many people appreciate just how significant tomorrow's game is. This series is the NBA finals as far many people are concerned and this game will decide who will become the champs. Add the possibility of it being Durant's final home game and the legacies on the line and your mind is blown.

Make no mistake about it, the Warriors will not lose game 7 if they can get there and neither team is going to lose to the eastern conference sideshow. This is the game that decides everything.

I don't think many people appreciate just how significant tomorrow's game is. This series is the NBA finals as far many people are concerned and this game will decide who will become the champs. Add the possibility of it being Durant's final home game and the legacies on the line and your mind is blown.

Make no mistake about it, the Warriors will not lose game 7 if they can get there and neither team is going to lose to the eastern conference sideshow. This is the game that decides everything.

That's fine. Keep discounting the Cavs.

If Bron wins the finals, someone has to make a collage of all of your posts then put a huge transparent
troll.png
over it.

statuez

Banned

Hot takes for sale everyone

That's fine. Keep discounting the Cavs.

Well, there's a reason why people do so, and it's not "LeBron is not clutch". LBJ has lost in the Finals a million times because his team has often been the 4th or 5th best team in the league. Fortunately for him 3 or 4 of those teams have been in the West. Not counting the Miami superteam because that was (on paper at least) the best team in the league, and Dallas series is the only one where LBJ was god-awful. And I mean really, really awful.

Still if GS somehow wins the next two games, I'm gonna say that Cavs win the title. They were close last year with all the injuries and right now GS is playing inconsistent ball.

If It's OKC and they keep this up, Cavs are done. It seems to be the only team firing on all cylinders now.

Couple of more years of Love getting older/worse and realising he traded away Wiggins, what will be the next stop for LBJ? Gotta get to the Finals every year, but don't want to struggle to get there. NBA, it's fantastic.

they will have to ear there respect but the reality is they never will. Cavilers could sweep either team in the finals and the haters will make an excuse.

Don't take that clown's opinion as gospel. Cavs are a very legit contender recognized as such by plenty. That clown posted a video of Stephen A Smith, another clown, agreeing with him. That's all you should need to know.

We have a baseball team? Kappa

It's cool. We're used to losing.
To be fair should have beat the Yankees what year was that? After they won the ws wasn't it?

Braves were definitely the better team and choked it up. Felt that quite a few years but can't remember when.

I thought hawks had a good year old the 80s but on mobile and no idea

offtopic

He measures in centimeters

Eh. I'm the first one to trash the lEast and discount LeBron's six straight trips there from the second division of the NBA.

However, the Cavs would definitely be competitive in the West (would be in the mix to potentially make the finals) and if they keep raining threes like they have they can beat OKC or the Warriors. Nobody can really counter 20-25 3s a game being made at a high percentage. Sure, some of that is poor defense but some of that is them just being on fire.

To be fair should have beat the Yankees what year was that? After they won the ws wasn't it?

Braves were definitely the better team and choked it up. Felt that quite a few years but can't remember when.

I thought hawks had a good year old the 80s but on mobile and no idea

Braves went out to a 2-0 lead in 1996. Fortunately, they then lost the next 4.

Joei

The Lakers went 7 times from 2000 to 2010 and they're a great team. Bulls go 6 times from 1991 to 98, Michael Jordan, etc.... the Lakers go 8 times! from 1980 to 1991, Celtics 12 times!! from 1957 to 1969 and both teams are dynasties... phenomenal teams... Lebron goes 6x in 6 years and the east f'n blows. Some of you need to get a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom