• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin Ray

Finally, the Spurs have rediscovered the 3pt shot. Mills, Ginobli and Martin have done good this game. Hope they can continue that throughout the series and into the next. Just wondering why I haven't seen Simmons? Was hoping Pop would play him some.

Simmons played the first game and Miller was in a suit.Miller played the second game and Simmons was in a suit so I guess pop is rotating those guys but I would love to see more Simmons.

MechDX

Cgdd8wmWwAEfoyi.jpg:large

Damn. Just damn

Tom Penny

I'm not going to get too upset with Ainge's draft selections. Yeah, Giannis obviously would've been the better player in hindsight but that draft was full of garbage and Olynyk is decent.

As for Smart, he was the best player available and even with the benefit of hindsight I don't think I'd take anyone that was selected after him. He may not be the star the C's desperately need but even if he never develops his shot he does everything else so well that I'm happy he's on the team.
Im getting more angry at things he can control like piss poor fouls and shot selection. I literally knew when he got the ball to end a quarter hed launch a garbage ass 3 and it was a brick that led to Hoford 3. Thats what he does along with weak ass drives to the hoop not even knowing what he is going to do until the ball is thrown in his face.

Im getting more angry at things he can control like piss poor fouls and shot selection. I literally knew when he got the ball to end a quarter hed launch a garbage ass 3 and it was a brick that led to Hoford 3. Thats what he does along with weak ass drives to the hoop not even knowing what he is going to do until the ball is thrown in his face.

At least he's driving to the hoop now. I still hold out hope that he'll get good at that eventually.

cyborg009

Banned
Tbh I really want to see the rockets at least win one game but doesn't seem likely. Also has anyone notice how lazy Howard looks when compared to last year performance?

Tom Penny

At least he's driving to the hoop now. I still hold out hope that he'll get good at that eventually.
At the end of the day Smart isnt a massive issue. I believe I saw Turner,Rozier, Hunter, Zeller and Fat ass on the floor at the same time in a playoff game..Dat wack roster...

nillah

Banned
JR goes for 50 points, Hornets even the series with Miami

nba_0419sponsoreast_cavs.png

Cool illustration displaying if NBA teams incorporate ads. Above is Cleveland x Goodyear

I legitimately don't understand how this dudes defensive efforts, or lack thereof, be so wildly criticized for so long and he seems to not really do shit about it.

Harden's actually an above average defender when he puts effort in. The problem is that there are way too many times where he simply doesn't put in any effort and starts daydreaming and he allows the other team to do whatever they want. The Rockets in general seem to have a problem with people tuning out or taking possessions off; it's been a criticism leveled against Harden, Dwight Howard, Josh Smith and Michael Beasley for basically their entire careers. That lack of motivation or urgency is probably why they underperformed so wildly this year.

Bread

Banned
JR goes for 50 points, Hornets even the series with Miami

http://a2.espncdn.com/i/infographics/20160419_nbasponsors/nba_0419sponsoreast_cavs.png[/mg]

Cool illustration displaying if NBA teams incorporate ads. Above is Cleveland x Goodyear[/QUOTE]

that shit is like the polar opposite of cool

nillah

Banned
that shit is like the polar opposite of cool
Thought it was cool in a sense that it's actually meshed together rather than what cheebo was implying with leagues just tacking them on. ESPN got the full list that might have your team. Charlotte was Home Depot

Harden's actually an above average defender when he puts effort in. The problem is that there are way too many times where he simply doesn't put in any effort and starts daydreaming and he allows the other team to do whatever they want. The Rockets in general seem to have a problem with people tuning out or taking possessions off; it's been a criticism leveled against Harden, Dwight Howard, Josh Smith and Michael Beasley for basically their entire careers. That lack of motivation or urgency is probably why they underperformed so wildly this year.

I don't think anyone questions his potential....it's more that he literally doesn't give a fuck on that side of the ball.

I said in the other thread Thibs is a great coach but I'm not sure how good of an idea it is to give a guy like that so much control. Just because he's a great coach doesn't mean he knows wtf he's doing when it comes to transactions and personnel (see Rivers, Doc).

Also the fact that Mark Jackson and Scotty Brooks are in serious consideration for coaching gigs explains why so many NBA organizations are non-stop dumpster fires.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I said in the other thread Thibs is a great coach but I'm not sure how good of an idea it is to give a guy like that so much control. Just because he's a great coach doesn't mean he knows wtf he's doing when it comes to transactions and personnel (see Rivers, Doc).

Also the fact that Mark Jackson and Scotty Brooks are in serious consideration for coaching gigs explains why so many NBA organizations are non-stop dumpster fires.

Hey man, that Golden State championship was all because of Jackson! Kerr was just riding on his hard work!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I think Thibs would be a good fit. I bet it means Rubio is gone tho.
He's one of the best defensive PGs in the league, and a pick & roll with him and Towns would be a fuckin' problem. Thibs is going to love him.

Maybe when the rest of the team is playing defense people will start to see how god damn awesome Rubio is.

Has making a coach the GM as well ever worked out for a team?

Trey

there's only so many people on earth qualified to coach an NBA team. you get a team to the playoffs ever, and you're on the coaching short list for a while unless you do something impossibly stupid.

Cheebo

Banned
Has making a coach the GM as well ever worked out for a team?
Stan Van Gundy. Dude took a 20 something win team that couldn't get out of the lottery almost a decade to. 44 win team in under 2 seasons and got rid of all but 2 players with Detroit. They have the youngest starting 5 in the league too.

ViciousDS

Banned
ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported that Tom Thibodeau and Minnesota are "closing in" on a five-year deal worth around $10 million per year to make Thibodeau the team's head coach and president. Andy Greder of the St. Paul Pioneer Press added a deal isn't expected to get done today.

dats a lot of moolah

He's one of the best defensive PGs in the league, and a pick & roll with him and Towns would be a fuckin' problem. Thibs is going to love him.

Maybe when the rest of the team is playing defense people will start to see how god damn awesome Rubio is.

Seriously, I'm excited to see Rubio under a new scheme, especially on the defensive end. He's been pretty damn good the past few years considering all of the problems around him + the injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom