• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Local radio here is melting down super hard on Harden's, Howard's, and Bickerstaff's BITCH ASS, LAME ASS excuses about the refs and the screen setting by the Warriors.

It is pretty much how I feel. I want a meteor and I want it immediately.

Like god fucking shit, I have never disliked and hated the Rockets even more than I already have this entire season. Curry or not, I fucking demand a sweep now.

Fjordson

Ethan Sherwood Strauss (Golden State writer for ESPN) said on twitter "From what I saw at shootaround, Curry looked like Curry. He conferenced with doctors/trainers afterwards".

Great, great news, but yeah I would still sit him.

The day you brought Dwight in, and celebrated like the championship was already won, You guys had no idea what you were getting. And now I feel sorry that you had to go through the most over rated under skilled Center in the league.
When gods gifted physical talent errods, because of father time; you have to learn and adapt your skills.

Dwight has done nothing. He plateaued a long time ago.

And his mind is of a 14 year old.

What I am saying is I feel sorry for the next team he goes to, because he will gut that team, leave the coahes and front office in disarray.

beat

The day you brought Dwight in, and celebrated like the championship was already won, You guys had no idea what you were getting. And now I feel sorry that you had to go through the most over rated under skilled Center in the league.
When gods gifted physical talent errods, because of father time; you have to learn and adapt your skills.
I remember thinking that Houston was an amazing opportunity for him. To learn post skills under McHale, with alums like Hakeem and Yao Ming chiming in too?

Dwight's post skills weren't actually atrocious before he came to Houston but on the other hand, what got better?

Nafai1123

Banned
Local radio here is melting down super hard on Harden's, Howard's, and Bickerstaff's BITCH ASS, LAME ASS excuses about the refs and the screen setting by the Warriors.

It is pretty much how I feel. I want a meteor and I want it immediately.

Like god fucking shit, I have never disliked and hated the Rockets even more than I already have this entire season. Curry or not, I fucking demand a sweep now.

The only person giving props on the Rockets is Jason Terry, who said GSW play very physical and loves the way they set screens.

Meanwhile I've been seeing a bunch of Rockets fans complaining about the team not getting any respect from other teams or the media. If you want respect, you gotta give respect. Bitching and whining about screens ain't showing any respect to the Warriors, so why should they expect any respect back?

Jarate

Banned
GSW's moving screens are ridiculous though. They get away with some of the worst ive ever seen

Refs aren't the reason the Rockets are losing though. If the games were closer, then maybe they'd have a beef, but they got beat by a Curry-less team

Misterhbk

GSW's moving screens are ridiculous though. They get away with some of the worst ive ever seen

Refs aren't the reason the Rockets are losing though. If the games were closer, then maybe they'd have a beef, but they got beat by a Curry-less team

The whole GS moving screen talk is nonsense. Every team moves on screens for one. Secondly every team has this stupid idea that the Warriors don't like playing physical. More nonsense. Teams try to plow through screens and you expect the screener to not move? Not only that, once the screen is set and has been used, they are allowed to move in their own space. League needs to get back to tracking all the traveling done in the paint. I think that's a bigger issue.

Jarate

Banned
The whole GS moving screen talk is nonsense. Every team moves on screens for one. Secondly every team has this stupid idea that the Warriors don't like playing physical. More nonsense. Teams try to plow through screens and you expect the screener to not move? Not only that, once the screen is set and has been used, they are allowed to move in their own space. League needs to get back to tracking all the traveling done in the paint. I think that's a bigger issue.

Im not implying that the rest of the league doesn't do moving screens either, but no other team has the shooting that the Warriors have. It's really the Warriors exploiting a rule that doesn't get called, which is what you do to win.

I hope the NBA addresses it though, it's gotten to the point where it's just ridiculous

The only person giving props on the Rockets is Jason Terry, who said GSW play very physical and loves the way they set screens.

Meanwhile I've been seeing a bunch of Rockets fans complaining about the team not getting any respect from other teams or the media. If you want respect, you gotta give respect. Bitching and whining about screens ain't showing any respect to the Warriors, so why should they expect any respect back?

The Rockets don't get respect because there is no reason to respect them. They are a trash organization top to bottom. Last year's elimination game against the Warriors pretty much sealed that impression. They literally stopped trying in the 4th. They are unmotivated and show it on the court, then have the gall to complain about the refs. They have the same refs as the Warriors. Refs are part of the game. If they can't adapt to the refs then they need to work on that part of the team. They just want to shift responsibility for their trash to anyone but themselves.

phanphare

Banned

he's right, you know

PBY

Banned
The Rockets don't get respect because there is no reason to respect them. They are a trash organization top to bottom. Last year's elimination game against the Warriors pretty much sealed that impression. They literally stopped trying in the 4th. They are unmotivated and show it on the court, then have the gall to complain about the refs. They have the same refs as the Warriors. Refs are part of the game. If they can't adapt to the refs then they need to work on that part of the team. They just want to shift responsibility for their trash to anyone but themselves.

Naw, I love Morey. But sure, no lies re: the rest.

Fjordson

The moving screens whining is hilarious. I also love complaints about physicality when some accused Golden State last year of being a soft jump shooting team.

rambis

Banned
The moving screen complaint of GSW is legit. The league may be lax on the rule in general but they still exploit it as well. And its too hard to fight through them without picking up fouls.

It needs to be fixed league wide.

Lunar FC

Dwight has done nothing. He plateaued a long time ago.

And his mind is of a 14 year old.

What I am saying is I feel sorry for the next team he goes to, because he will gut that team, leave the coahes and front office in disarray.

Just reminded me of this video. :p

Misterhbk

The moving screen complaint of GSW is legit. The league may be lax on the rule in general but they still exploit it as well. And its too hard to fight through them without picking up fouls.

It needs to be fixed league wide.

It's dumb people are complaining about it now because GS is winning. No one gave a shit at all the last decade. Nothing's changed except the Warriors making shots. Tell the other guys to become better shooters. You're never going to have a league where guys don't tug on jerseys, pull on guys arms etc. it's part of the game. Unless we want to continue to "soften" the league which is another complaint GS gets lol people make no sense.

TSM

Sit him Game 3 regardless. If you win, sit him Game 4. If you lose, play him Game 4.

Why even play him until you lose a game? Dude has glass ankles and shouldn't be back until his ankle is close to 100%. I'm sure the opposing teams will be doing their best to force him to use it.

TSM

it wasn't an ankle injury tho..

Ah, haven't been keeping up with curry. Last I heard was it was a "right ankle tweak." Unfortunately I've been working and going to sleep early during the western conference games. Them being blow outs has been helpful. I ended up watching all the OKC Mavs games when the Mavs won.

Jarate

Banned
It's dumb people are complaining about it now because GS is winning. No one gave a shit at all the last decade. Nothing's changed except the Warriors making shots. Tell the other guys to become better shooters. You're never going to have a league where guys don't tug on jerseys, pull on guys arms etc. it's part of the game. Unless we want to continue to "soften" the league which is another complaint GS gets lol people make no sense.
No team ever assembled has Klay Thompson and Steph, literally the two best 3 point shooters in the league and on the same roster and they are showing a hugs reason why shooting teams like theirs are dominant under "current rules" they exploit something that should be called but doesn't that benefits them much more then other teams because they need guys to be open as a jump shooting team

This happens all the time in sports, Flacco exploited PI calls to a Superbowl win, and then later the Seahawks exploited those changes to help win a chip.

No one is taking away from the Warriors achievements, but this is commonplace in sports. Rules need to be changed because teams are constantly trying to exploit them. The Warriors are just exploiting a rule that barely gets called, and good on them. This doesn't change the fact that if the rule is in place that it shouldn't be called, and the NBA would be smart to tell the refs next season to start calling it because teams have really started to exploit the rule heavily with how much pick and roll is important to the game

Jesus Warriors fans, your team won 73 games, why the fuck are you guys acting like nobody respects your team.

phanphare

Banned
Ah, haven't been keeping up with curry. Last I heard was it was a "right ankle tweak." Unfortunately I've been working and going to sleep early during the western conference games. Them being blow outs has been helpful. I ended up watching all the OKC Mavs games when the Mavs won.

yeah they were being vague about it but I'm pretty sure it was concluded to be some kind of foot injury

TSM

Yeah, it's not like the warriors can be out of control during their illegal screens. That was a no call by the way.

Fjordson

No one is taking away from the Warriors achievements, but this is commonplace in sports. Rules need to be changed because teams are constantly trying to exploit them. The Warriors are just exploiting a rule that barely gets called, and good on them. This doesn't change the fact that if the rule is in place that it shouldn't be called, and the NBA would be smart to tell the refs next season to start calling it because teams have really started to exploit the rule heavily with how much pick and roll is important to the game
I don't disagree with that, it's just funny when people act like the Warriors are unique in taking advantage of it. And anyone who actually thinks the Warriors never get called for illegal screens must not watch basketball anymore. I can't remember the last game the Warriors didn't get at least 4-5 of them called.

I think what a lot of people really want is for them to never miss it, and that of course will never happpen. It's one of those things that no human will catch every single time at game speed. The day they start calling moving screens 100% of the time is the day they'll always catch traveling, or 3 in the key, or defenders holding cutters off the ball. Human officiating will always be an inexact science.

Misterhbk

Yeah, it's not like the warriors can be out of control during their illegal screens. That was a no call by the way.

I knew exactly what play that was before I even clicked it. Thad a foul on Draymond no doubt. But there was also a foul on Evan Turner that went uncalled before the crazy screen situation. Turner baseball slides and takes Draymond out of the play. This is also before the ball is inbounded which is 2 shots and the ball if I'm not mistaken? At that point it was FairPlay if they don't call the Turner foul.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
There are some BS calls going against Thunder right now. Also, Pachulia grabs every dude within four feet of him. lol

You'd think Indiana would capitalize on JV being out. Naw. Raptors bigs crush them. Pray for 50 from George because if Demar actually scores its over.

rambis

Banned
I understand this. Im more along the lines of let the pursuing player get away with more and evening the field rather than blowing more whistles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom