• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafai1123

Banned
KD will be coming to Golden State once Barnes leaves.

I worry about them losing the depth with this move. I've seen some talk about getting rid of Iggy and Bogut to make this happen.

I get why they want him, as he's around the same age as Curry/Thompson/Green, but how long would they actually be able to keep that together? I know Curry's contract is up in a couple years and he'll be getting max. What about Thompson/Green?

I think the Rockets series and the WC semi's (especially if they play the Blazers) are going to show the importance of depth on this team, which could be greatly hurt by having so much money tied up in their starters for years to come.

That said, a starting lineup of Curry/Thompson/Dray/KD/Bogut sounds fucking amazing and should terrify the rest of the NBA.

Gigglepoo

I think Charlotte and Miami can play with Cleveland. Atlanta, though? We've already seen how that plays out. At least the other second-round series should be fun.

phanphare

Banned
I think Charlotte and Miami can play with Cleveland. Atlanta, though? We've already seen how that plays out. At least the other second-round series should be fun.

charlotte would put up a good fight but lose, probably in 5

if we had mkg though we could actually get over the hump. his defense and rebounding would be crucial.

I think Durant could make even more if he becomes a free agent next offseason.

Yeah, plus he's been showing a lot of loyalty to Westbrook lately. Might as well sign a one year, not leave your boy high and dry, and even make more money next year.

Maybe that would change if the Spurs embarrass him though. I just can't see him leaving OKC with a nice comfortable one year buffer available.

Fjordson

I worry about them losing the depth with this move. I've seen some talk about getting rid of Iggy and Bogut to make this happen.

I get why they want him, as he's around the same age as Curry/Thompson/Green, but how long would they actually be able to keep that together? I know Curry's contract is up in a couple years and he'll be getting max. What about Thompson/Green?

I think the Rockets series and the WC semi's (especially if they play the Blazers) are going to show the importance of depth on this team, which could be greatly hurt by having so much money tied up in their starters for years to come.

That said, a starting lineup of Curry/Thompson/Dray/KD/Bogut sounds fucking amazing and should terrify the rest of the NBA.
Well Dray is signed through 2020 and Klay is signed through 2019. Even if it only lasts that long they'll probably pull the trigger. And I agree about our depth, it will suck to lose some that, but at the same time those guys could age fast in the next few years. Iggy is 32 and Bogut is 31 (and moves like he's 35), Barbosa is 33, Livingston 31 in September, etc.

Something tells me it won't happen though. Despite all the rumours, I still don't think I've heard anything serious about KD's actual interest in coming to GS.

I think KD and Westbrook are tighter than people think and it wouldn't surprise me if KD delayed his FA by a year so they can go somewhere together.

Fjordson

I think KD and Westbrook are tighter than people think and it wouldn't surprise me if KD delayed his FA by a year so they can go somewhere together.
Together you say?

ba67UPe.jpg

Nafai1123

Banned
Well Dray is signed through 2020 and Klay is signed through 2019. Even if it only lasts that long they'll probably pull the trigger. And I agree about our depth, it will suck to lose some that, but at the same time those guys could age fast in the next few years. Iggy is 32 and Bogut is 31 (and moves like he's 35), Barbosa is 33, Livingston 31 in September, etc.

Something tells me it won't happen though. Despite all the rumours, I still don't think I've heard anything serious about KD's actual interest in coming to GS.

Yeah, good points about the age of these guys. It's only a matter of time before their production starts going down and we've gotta think about replacing them anyways. As you said though, there really hasn't been an indication KD wants to come to the Bay. Might come down to how much he wants a ring vs how much he wants to stay with Westbrook.

Gigglepoo

They compliment each other perfectly. Kind of like Steph and Green. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they realize that they're better together than apart.

This is what I expect to happen. Not sure what the cap will look like in a year, but I would think both of them moving to the Lakers is one of the likelier possibilities. Or they might find a way to go to the Timberwolves. Imagine YNB, Wiggins, KD, KAT and whoever as the other big.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
heat vs. cavs and lebron vs. wade in the ecf = ratings on top of ratings on top of ratings

as much as I love lin his appeal pales in comparison to that potential match up

I giggle at the thought of a potential Charlotte vs. Toronto second round matchup.

Games might be on the Outdoor Life Network.

phanphare

Banned
I giggle at the thought of a potential Charlotte vs. Toronto second round matchup.

Games might be on the Outdoor Life Network.

honestly I hope so

means the games would be on Fox Sports South which means stephanie ready as a color analyst. she's great. usually dell would be a color analyst alongside her which is also great. he's injured though.

lol, I'm glad this exists. I feel like I need to see more of the man bun before making a judgement.

Undefined

I think whoever wins for heat/hornets will beat whoever wins raptors/pacers.
I guess in the end it doesnt really matter cause anyone will be easy for the cavs.

Let see if raptors can close out tonight, but chances are Lowry/Derozan will end up jerking off on the court again.

Tom Penny

They compliment each other perfectly. Kind of like Steph and Green. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they realize that they're better together than apart.

Steph to Green and YNB and Durant are nothing alike. Green is not an Alpha. Westbrook and Durant are both alphas that both want the shots and love ISO..

Fjordson

The article I remember is like two months old now so it could be different, but I remember Draymond and Steph as a pairing had like +22 net rating. KD and Westbrook were only like +14. Dray and Steph compliment each other perfectly.

Part of that is the talent around them to be fair, though.

Fjordson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yDU4WK0lCE

Steph being interviewed about his treatment and recovery time. He mentions he hasn't been able to shoot due to the pain. Hopefully he'll be able to get back to it next week. He's been getting treatment 3 times/day and is using the bike/weights to maintain strength/stamina.
Saw some quotes on twitter that he thinks there's a chance he'll be back before the 14 day timetable. Hype. Just hope he doesn't rush it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom