• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
As frustrating as the past 2 games were, it was still a great series against Atlanta, so fun watching 2 of the best coaches in the league going head to head.

For the next series we're all Hawks fans, fuck Lebron.

Ayy Hawks win! We can get swept by the LeBrons now.

Edit: I really think we can beat the Cavs but it's going to be a mental game because there's no home court when it comes to the LeBrons and Refs. But I really think we can take them.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Perkins had his best years between the championship and the Finals loss to the Lakers, this much I'm sure I remember vividly.

That's fine, perks best years started right after 07-08. I don't know how you can say the jeff green trade was he right move. From day 1 danny was widely considered crazy for the move, and as time passed it only was perceived worse.

Tom Penny

That's fine, perks best years started right after 07-08. I don't know how you can say the jeff green trade was he right move. From day 1 danny was widely considered crazy for the move, and as time passed it only was perceived worse.

Well we turned Jeff Green into a 1st round pick that can be used on a combo guard next year...

That's the thing, he really wasn't unanimously considered crazy. Look here, here, here, plenty of people liked or at least understood the move back then. It was a gamble that didn't pay off for either team.

Besides, Shaughnessy disliked the move in a very Shaughnessy way, so you just know it can't be that bad a move.

KingBroly

Banned
Feels like Boston is 1 piece away from making another 3-4 year Title window at this point. They definitely have a winning coach in Brad Stevens.

Tom Penny

Feels like Boston is 1 piece away from making another 3-4 year Title window at this point. They definitely have a winning coach in Brad Stevens.

Not unless Durant and another good player walk through the door. I'd take a top 30 player and hitting in the draft at this point.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
That's the thing, he really wasn't unanimously considered crazy. Look here, here, here, plenty of people liked or at least understood the move back then. It was a gamble that didn't pay off for either team.

Besides, Shaughnessy disliked the move in a very Shaughnessy way, so you just know it can't be that bad a move.

There will always be people who see both sides. It wasn't unanimous and I definitely didn't make that clear in my post, however what I should've said, was that the consensus, even at the start, was that the celts got the short end of the trade. Regardless of how it worked for okc, the celts didn't need jeff green, even if he "worked". They neededicated rebounding and rim protection, which they had neither. Point of saying g all that once again is this- from the get go most knew the trade was a mistake, as the pieces fell and the celts desperately needed help at the 5 it looked even worse. Fast forward to just how bad jeff green was, and now everyone knows the trade was a big time failure. Doc rivers said as much himself.

Marlins player caught using PEDs, Dolphins draft kid who had a vid of him with a weed gas mask on, Panthers get eliminated.

Everything is pointing to a Heat elimination.

There will always be people who see both sides. It wasn't unanimous and I definitely didn't make that clear in my post, however what I should've said, was that the consensus, even at the start, was that the celts got the short end of the trade. Regardless of how it worked for okc, the celts didn't need jeff green, even if he "worked". They neededicated rebounding and rim protection, which they had neither. Point of saying g all that once again is this- from the get go most knew the trade was a mistake, as the pieces fell and the celts desperately needed help at the 5 it looked even worse. Fast forward to just how bad jeff green was, and now everyone knows the trade was a big time failure. Doc rivers said as much himself.

That's fair and I do agree with you that the Celtics needed a few things that a healthy, still good Kendrick Perkins would have provided. My point is that while the trade was weird at the time, it would have theoretically solidified the bench and provided a player to build around in the future. Theoretically that is, since it didn't work, but I don't thing it was a purely rebuilding move (although that played a part).

And that Perkins wasn't the same. My point initially was that the trade at least worked because Danny identified that Perk was toast. And he was IMO. Yes he was playing kind of well before the trade, but his numbers died in OKC. I remember him looking slow for the Thunder when he got there already, but in the following year he lost even more explosiveness and eventually became a liability. So while Danny shouldn't get praised for ending up with Green, he at least moved away from Kendrick counting on the both O'neals on the roster. Instead of being a win-win, this one ended up a rare loss-loss.

Tom Penny

I'd rather get Batum for the max. In fact, that's one of the guys I hope the Lakers target.

Batum at max? You're right he'll probably get it. I'd take him but I don't think he moves the needle much. At the end of the day the Celtics need two good players or obviously Durant. One good player isn't moving the needle much.

ChL4kJdU0AMcZ_J.jpg

0HPmFuY.jpg

Celtics' Isaiah Thomas on Hawks' plan: 'A sign of disrespect to my teammates'

Can't blame IT surrounded by YMCA shooters dealing with this. All 5 guys collapsed the paint giving no fucks about the perimeter.

Sanjuro

Batum at max? You're right he'll probably get it. I'd take him but I don't think he moves the needle much. At the end of the day the Celtics need two good players or obviously Durant. One good player isn't moving the needle much.

ChL4kJdU0AMcZ_J.jpg

0HPmFuY.jpg

Celtics' Isaiah Thomas on Hawks' plan: 'A sign of disrespect to my teammates'

Can't blame IT surrounded by YMCA shooters dealing with this. All 5 guys collapsed the paint giving no fucks about the perimeter.

Brazzers.

B.O.O.M

Throwing money isn't the issue. Durante getting max money anywhere he goes.

I know it won't happen but my wet dream is to get Durant + Horford or Whiteside to Blazers. Dynasty dreams

All said and done KD is gonna sign a 1-2 year contract with OKC even if they don't win the chip this year.

that said sucks about Celts tho, thought they could go far this year.

Fjordson

You think they'll have to get rid of Klay or Draymond to make that happen? I know he's KD and all, but I kinda hesitate to lose those guys considering the team chemistry is great as is.
Nah, they'll be here. It'll be Barnes and some depth like Livingston or Bogut. I've seen some media guys break down the financials better than I can, but the big 3 would stay intact.

That being said, my confidence is somewhat sarcastic. While the front office is 100% serious about going after Durant, who knows if he actually wants to play here.

Eos

durant will sign a year contract with okc, so him, westbrook, and ibaka all become free agents at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom