• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Season 4 Interest Thread: Screw RROD we wont fail

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I can play a bit after that. Maybe closer to 9:30 central. Provincial elections today. So I have to go out and vote and then I might actually follow what is going on results wise on TV. But 9:30 will work I'm sure.

Smokey

Truelize said:
I can play a bit after that. Maybe closer to 9:30 central. Provincial elections today. So I have to go out and vote and then I might actually follow what is going on results wise on TV. But 9:30 will work I'm sure.

That's fine.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey Bones said:
how about for 2k9 you hire some fucking network engineers bunch of fucks

man I hear you. Maybe we will be better off with EA buying 2k. At least their netcode will work.

GCQuinton

Shawn and I tried to get our game in on Sunday but the servers were down. I PM'ed him earlier today to try and work out another time.

DCX

DCX
Cold. The wife fell asleep before Idol. So i think my entire night is free! Would like to get the game in sooner than later.

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea :lol

Freaky stuff.

Matrix

Im good to play now if you are.

AirBrian, let me know if you can play tonight...

My AIM is professaskillset.....please contact me that way vs. a PM on GAF I'll probably miss. Thanks!

Matrix

2k servers are pure SHIT!

You killed me Smokey,give yourself the W.I wasnt coming back,I now cant win without Yao.

Matrix

It just makes no damn sense :\

I didnt have any lag and I dont believe you did and both our connections are good and it just decides with like 3 mins left in the 4th to boot us both.

From a stat perspective it pisses me off and had it been a real close game...I might have destroyed my copy.

Smokey

Matrix said:
It just makes no damn sense :\

I didnt have any lag and I dont believe you did and both our connections are good and it just decides with like 3 mins left in the 4th to boot us both.

From a stat perspective it pisses me off and had it been a real close game...I might have destroyed my copy.

I've tried to find out what causes it and one thing I've noticed is that if 2 players are messing with the subs while one is shooting a FT it tends to say network area. I think you were doing subs or something when it came out of a timeout and and that's when it disconnected.

It's one of the reasons I try not to do subs at the FT line b/c I've seen it happen

:/

Matrix

That makes no sense,but its 2k and I wouldnt be shocked if that's one of the reasons

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
GCQuinton: if i'm not around for our game at 9est I'm sorry. I'm on call all weekend and may be busy doing the work thing. If I'm home I'll be playing so no worries.

I'm just leaving this message cause I just got buzzed and I'm running out now. Hopefully I'm back in time.

Edit: Well I'm back an hour and a half later and no response. That sucks

AirBrian

Hey Shawn, I'm heading out now but I'll be around later in the afternoon (2 PM CST). I'll hop on AIM when I get back.

Smokey

LA Lakers @ Chicago was the only game that didn't get played so it will get simmed and winner determined by coin toss.

League has been advanced and deadline is Tuesday night 3/11

When I'll be able to make up my last two games vs Utah and Chicago will be anyone's guess as I've had an impossible time catching up with them....

ChrisJames holler at me when you get a chance and we'll get it on...

Smokey- How about awarding the win to the player with the better record on simmed games? Someone with a poor record probably isn't so inclined to give their best effort to make themselves available to play their games...Not a potshot at anyone here in particular but a trend I've noticed in competing in 7-8 leagues here on GAF....

GCQuinton

Shawnwhann said:
Smokey- How about awarding the win to the player with the better record on simmed games? Someone with a poor record probably isn't so inclined to give their best effort to make themselves available to play their games...Not a potshot at anyone here in particular but a trend I've noticed in competing in 7-8 leagues here on GAF....

I know you said you weren't pointing the fingers at anyone, but giving a win to someone solely based on their record doesn't make any sense at all to me at all unless they completely go AWOL. Speaking personally, I've never missed a game in any league I've been a part of (GAF or non) and always try to at least meet someone halfway on a schedule regardless of my record.

My game against you is the only game I haven't played, and that's mainly because of time zone differences (me typically getting off when you're getting on around 11 EST/8 PT). In situations like I like to try to plan it ahead of time so we're both aware and ready, and the two times I heard from you were literally on the spot making that next to impossible.

GCQuinton said:
I know you said you weren't pointing the fingers at anyone, but giving a win to someone solely based on their record doesn't make any sense at all to me at all unless they completely go AWOL. Speaking personally, I've never missed a game in any league I've been a part of (GAF or non) and always try to at least meet someone halfway on a schedule regardless of my record.

My game against you is the only game I haven't played, and that's mainly because of time zone differences (me typically getting off when you're getting on around 11 EST/8 PT). In situations like I like to try to plan it ahead of time so we're both aware and ready, and the two times I heard from you were literally on the spot making that next to impossible.

How does that not make any sense? Obviously the best case scenario is that everyone play their games. But in games that aren't played, there needs to be a better system for determining who gets the win. A coin flip is not representative of how a game is decided, it is skill level. So a stop gap solution to decide games prior to them actually getting played should be looking to records...

BTW, can you play at all today or are we looking at next weekend now? I'm on AIM all the time so I'm very easy to contact and make plans...

DCX

DCX
The unplayed game should be decided on the previous real teams matchup :p For instance, i play Houston this week, if for some reason i can't play the game they should look back at the most recent matchup between the Rockets and Hornets and decide the win that way. No coin toss, no easy wins for super teams, and no easy wins for scrubs either.

DCX

GCQuinton

Shawnwhann said:
How does that not make any sense? Obviously the best case scenario is that everyone play their games. But in games that aren't played, there needs to be a better system for determining who gets the win. A coin flip is not representative of how a game is decided, it is skill level. So a stop gap solution to decide games prior to them actually getting played should be looking to records...

BTW, can you play at all today or are we looking at next weekend now? I'm on AIM all the time so I'm very easy to contact and make plans...

If a game needs to be decided other than playing it, it should be based on who actually showed up for it/made an attempt to play it and not their record. Hypothetically, someone with a 9-0 record who couldn't make time for a game against someone with a 0-9 record would automatically pick up a W simply for not showing up, despite efforts on the latter's part for trying to do so.

Also, I've contacted you twice now through AIM in the last hour and haven't gotten any responses.

AirBrian

GCQuinton said:
Also, I've contacted you twice now through AIM in the last hour and haven't gotten any responses.

Shawn and I were playing our game from yesterday. Or should I say Kobe was busy kicking my butt! 31 points at the half. :(

If a game needs to be decided other than playing it, it should be based on who actually showed up for it/made an attempt to play it and not their record. Hypothetically, someone with a 9-0 record who couldn't make time for a game against someone with a 0-9 record would automatically pick up a W simply for not showing up, despite efforts on the latter's part for trying to do so.

In our case we've both made attempts, but we both keep striking out. So with the rule you are proposing, we already have an issue....Regarding your hypothetical, it simply isn't a likely one. Mr. 9-0 is happy to make time because he's having a great season, while Mr. 0-9 is likely over it....Moot point now that it appears you and I have time today.

I've been playing AirBrian in a makeup game so sorry about lateness of my reply. I sent one you one back as well. Let's get it on!

Smokey

If someone has a better way of deciding who gets a win when the game hasn't been played I'm open to hearing it. I flipped a coin this time although I really hate doing that. . .but what are ya gonna do?

Anyway pheeniks when can you play???

Also with regards to moving the schedule back and forth and other admin deals. . I can't check this thread as often as I could in the beginning due to me not being able to bring my laptop to work anymore so if I get back to some of the concerns/questions a bit late I apologize.

DCX

DCX
Smokey Bones said:
If someone has a better way of deciding who gets a win when the game hasn't been played I'm open to hearing it. I flipped a coin this time although I really hate doing that. . .but what are ya gonna do?

Anyway pheeniks when can you play???

Also with regards to moving the schedule back and forth and other admin deals. . I can't check this thread as often as I could in the beginning due to me not being able to bring my laptop to work anymore so if I get back to some of the concerns/questions a bit late I apologize.
The unplayed game should be decided on the previous real teams matchup :p For instance, i play Houston this week, if for some reason i can't play the game they should look back at the most recent matchup between the Rockets and Hornets and decide the win that way. No coin toss, no easy wins for super teams, and no easy wins for scrubs either.

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:

DCX

But if you do that all someone has to do is look at the last matchup(I'm assuming you mean in the NBA) and decide if they should play or not. Example if matrix for whatever reason didn't want to play you . . . he wouldn't have to worry because he knows he'd get the win anyway because the Rockets just beat the Hornets last night.

Matrix

DCX said:

DCX

lmao :lol

DCX wants you to give me a win Smokey.

Top Bottom