• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Season 4 Interest Thread: Screw RROD we wont fail

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
Just an update for the folks here.

DCX and I are hopefully playing tonight (Friday) or tomorrow morning sometime. So we will be done and caught up.

Now we are just waiting for the other game to get played.
I'm here and waiting, let me know Tru when we can go.

DCX

Is the league still advancing tonight?

If it does advance tonight then I'll be able to play later, Matrix. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until Sunday evening for your shot at revenge :D

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
Is the league still advancing tonight?

If it does advance tonight then I'll be able to play later, Matrix. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until Sunday evening for your shot at revenge :D

Yes it is.

I can't advance it right now, it looks like the servers are down. It won't let me into the website.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Chris,we can play tonight.Just post in here when you are ready/

I dont need revenge,I'm on a high after the real Rockets win,so if I lose I wont feel bad.

Plus I have lost my 2k skillz and have come to except that.

edit- servers down? :lol what a joke

Yeah go figure, the servers are down...

I'll be around for a while though so hopefully we can still get it in tonight.

And it must feel awesome to be a Rockets fan right now. Enjoy it while it lasts!
The Pistons still have a better record though :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Pistons play in the East ;)

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
Yeah go figure, the servers are down...

I'll be around for a while though so hopefully we can still get it in tonight.

And it must feel awesome to be a Rockets fan right now. Enjoy it while it lasts!
The Pistons still have a better record though :)

Yes it does feel good.

I don't post in the official NBA thread like Matrix does but I'm very excited about the Rockets. The real test comes in these next 5 games. If H-town can take 3/5 then they'll be ok.

It looks like the servers are back up. Let me know if you still want to play tonight Matrix.

Err, nevermind. The league site is back up but I can't connect to 2k servers in-game yet.

Smokey

Thanks to whoever advanced the league. Servers were down and I was gone all morning.

This is the last week to make trades so if some of you want to make some last minute moves the time is now.

Deadline for game 12 will be Tuesday 3/18 @ 11pm central.

AirBrian, when can you play? Can you play tonight at all?

AirBrian

Smokey Bones said:
Thanks to whoever advanced the league. Servers were down and I was gone all morning.

This is the last week to make trades so if some of you want to make some last minute moves the time is now.

Deadline for game 12 will be Tuesday 3/18 @ 11pm central.

AirBrian, when can you play? Can you play tonight at all?
What time tonight? I'm about to head out for a family event, but I might be around later (Midnight-ish?). I will also be around most of tomorrow.

pheeniks, I'll try and catch you on AIM. I think we have opposite schedules. :lol :-(

Smokey

AirBrian said:
What time tonight? I'm about to head out for a family event, but I might be around later (Midnight-ish?). I will also be around most of tomorrow.

pheeniks, I'll try and catch you on AIM. I think we have opposite schedules. :lol :-(

Don't worry about it if you got stuff to do already. Just send me a PM when you are available to play.

Pheeniks, I'm open for the next 2.5 hours to play our game today. If you aren't up to it today, we'll have to try on Monday....

Smokey

AirBrian said:
Yep, I'll be around later though (9-10 PM CDT)...have to get a little St. Patrick's Day celebration in after work. :D

Cool b/c I don't get off work until 9:30 Central so that's a good time.

AirBrian

gg, Smokey. Every time I would get it back to 10, you'd pull back away a bit. And I knew you weren't running up the score, but thanks for making sure. :)

Man, I know Howard is good, but 17-17 with mostly dunks and a couple layups? C'mon. That's not directed at you because he has the size advantage and my guys would get backed down so easily, and if I had a player like him I'd use him like that too. He's just way to overrated in this game. I figured Wallace would at least hold his ground a bit, but DH even pushed him back like a little girl.

Also not directed at you, but that half-court animation violation is fucking bullshit. Very few things make me angry as that. Holy crap I wanted to launch my controller.

AirBrian said:
gg, Smokey. Every time I would get it back to 10, you'd pull back away a bit. And I knew you weren't running up the score, but thanks for making sure. :)

Man, I know Howard is good, but 17-17 with mostly dunks and a couple layups? C'mon. That's not directed at you because he has the size advantage and my guys would get backed down so easily, and if I had a player like him I'd use him like that too. He's just way to overrated in this game. I figured Wallace would at least hold his ground a bit, but DH even pushed him back like a little girl.

Also not directed at you, but that half-court animation violation is fucking bullshit. Very few things make me angry as that. Holy crap I wanted to launch my controller.

When that backcourt animation happens I always let the other player have the ball back. i know how much it hurts.

AirBrian

pheeniks said:
When that backcourt animation happens I always let the other player have the ball back. i know how much it hurts.
I do too. It's happened to me and True and me and Matrix and both times we gave the ball back. Personally, I think we should make that a rule.

Smokey

AirBrian said:
I do too. It's happened to me and True and me and Matrix and both times we gave the ball back. Personally, I think we should make that a rule.

My fault about that. It was purely an accident and it upsets me as well so like I said that's my fault.

If you guys would like to make it a rule where if the backcourt animation happens then the other user should get the ball back then less do it.

Smokey

New Orleans @ Utah
LA Lakers @ Golden State
denver @ Houston

I haven't seen any attempt outside of ChrisJames trying to get a hold of Matrix for these games to get played and phenniks/shawn but that was on the weekend. The deadline was supposed to be tonight but I will extend it until tomorrow. Please try and get them played.

Also there can't be anymore trades after week 12 is advanced.

Smokey Bones said:
New Orleans @ Utah
LA Lakers @ Golden State
denver @ Houston

I haven't seen any attempt outside of ChrisJames trying to get a hold of Matrix for these games to get played and phenniks/shawn but that was on the weekend. The deadline was supposed to be tonight but I will extend it until tomorrow. Please try and get them played.

Shawn, I can play around 10:30 PM CT tonight I think. I need to get sleep by midnight...and I won't be around at all tomorrow.

I have a feeling we're going to get disconnected anyways. We haven't even made it past the 3rd quarter in any games and we're tried 4 times now...and right now it's not really clear to me who would win anyways.

AirBrian

Smokey Bones said:
My fault about that. It was purely an accident and it upsets me as well so like I said that's my fault.

If you guys would like to make it a rule where if the backcourt animation happens then the other user should get the ball back then less do it.
No worries. :) As soon as it went into the slide-back instead of the slide-forward animation, I knew it was going to happen.

Smokey

pheeniks said:
Shawn, I can play around 10:30 PM CT tonight I think. I need to get sleep by midnight...and I won't be around at all tomorrow.

I have a feeling we're going to get disconnected anyways. We haven't even made it past the 3rd quarter in any games and we're tried 4 times now...and right now it's not really clear to me who would win anyways.

Just give it a go and see how it plays out.

Matrix

Smokey Bones said:
New Orleans @ Utah
LA Lakers @ Golden State
denver @ Houston

Also there can't be anymore trades after week 12 is advanced.

Chris,has been trying to get ahold of me and has via PM's.I'm sick and failed to mention it in this thread.I havent felt well enough to play and each time we have been set to play our game at night,I have passed out and failed to show up.It's my fault.

We are either going to try to play today or sometime during the day tomorrow while im awake.

edit- we are playing today.

Matrix

GG Chris.

Refs loved you that game :p 16 trips compared to my 4 :(

I couldnt stop you down low,not having Yao im getting abused inside.As good as Deke can block shots he tires way too fast cause he's 120 years old and he gives me nothing on the O side of the ball.

GG Matrix.

I was going to say that I won the game at the Free Throw line, but you all ready made that point. I can't believe the amount of blocked shots I had that game. I must've rejected T-Mac 5 to 10 times :lol

That game felt pretty sloppy at times, namely the very beginning and end of the game. Anyways, it was a close fought contest, much closer than the final score would indicate. Hopefully you can right the ship and get your guys looking more like the real Rockets. Good luck.

-Oh, and I hope you feel better!

DCX

DCX
This is great, had an awesome game going with Peja, Boozer had a monster game going both of us shooting in the 60s for a FG % and the servers die! Seriously wtf?!?!?!

DCX

GCQuinton

DCX said:
This is great, had an awesome game going with Peja, Boozer had a monster game going both of us shooting in the 60s for a FG % and the servers die! Seriously wtf?!?!?!

DCX

Yeah, that was good game for the time we played it. Another reason I hate playing past 8/9 EST because that's where it seems to be the worst. When do you wanna try to get this played?

pheeniks said:

Holler when you're ready to go..

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Man the website is even down. It's freakin sad that 2k makes the best basketball game every year and as soon as MLB comes out their servers take a serious dive. Meanwhile I guarantee NBA Live is most likely playing just fine online (or as fine as it can I guess).

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
2k's servers take a dive regardless :lol its like everyother night and thats not even over exaggerating.

DCX

DCX
GCQuinton said:
Yeah, that was good game for the time we played it. Another reason I hate playing past 8/9 EST because that's where it seems to be the worst. When do you wanna try to get this played?
I'm off tomorrow, so we can try to play in the AM or something.

DCX

i won't be playing tonight. i'm giving a recital tonight and afterwards i plan on getting smashed, so see yall tomorrow

Smokey

Nobody came up with anything so I still resort to the coin toss deal unless someone can come up with a better way.

Or in this case it looks like the Hornets will get the game because they were up when it d/c. . unless you guys want to try and play again.

Smokey

League has been advanced.

Trade deadline has passed.

Game 13 deadline 3/22 @ 11:59 pm central.

Quinton when can you play?

Matrix

Well like usual I cant log in...anyone know who I play this week?

Top Bottom