• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Season 4 Interest Thread: Screw RROD we wont fail

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey Bones said:
im on

it also came up w/ a prompt talking about an update for the game is available. Anybody know what that's all about?

k ill be on in a sec

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Not sure about any update,I didnt get that and I just logged on :\

Smokey

gg cb3 although it is now apparent to me the celtics have the best homecourt advantage in this game.

ray allen shoots a bad free throw yet hits nothin' but net

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey Bones said:
gg cb3 although it is now apparent to me the celtics have the best homecourt advantage in this game.

ray allen shoots a bad free throw yet hits nothin' but net

:lol that made up for his awful shooting night

AirBrian

Smokey Bones said:
im on

it also came up w/ a prompt talking about an update for the game is available. Anybody know what that's all about?
That happened to a buddy last night when we were playing a game, but I didn't get any update notification. Also, he plays with the Suns and he did not have Snaq.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
Doh I still have to play the Lakers....Shawn,when you can play our make up game? I think it was the week 5 game.

I'll have to use Yao cause he wasnt injured then ;P

Just use Yao man. If I play you again I want to play again the team that you have, this is not real life and Yao is not hurt in our league. Our league has injuries Matrix, if the lord wants him to get hurt he will get hurt.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Truelize said:
Just use Yao man. If I play you again I want to play again the team that you have, this is not real life and Yao is not hurt in our league. Our league has injuries Matrix, if the lord wants him to get hurt he will get hurt.

My team is 2-0 without Yao now,why ruin a good thing? :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
My team is 2-0 without Yao now,why ruin a good thing? :p

And you've won 3 games with him. Doesn't seem that you would be ruining anything.

Do those roster updates effect the ratings on our teams in league? Is Bynum 84 on Shawn's team now?

Matrix

haha cool,article about chris paul on espn.com and this is in it...

"Still, when Paul's cell rings, it's usually James on the other end. They met at a high school tournament in 2002 and stayed in touch while Paul was at Wake Forest. James often sends Paul a brief text—"10 p.m. game time"—a friendly challenge to meet online for some NBA 2K. Paul says their skills are even, it's just that "they made LeBron too good.""

Matrix said:
haha cool,article about chris paul on espn.com and this is in it...

"Still, when Paul's cell rings, it's usually James on the other end. They met at a high school tournament in 2002 and stayed in touch while Paul was at Wake Forest. James often sends Paul a brief text—"10 p.m. game time"—a friendly challenge to meet online for some NBA 2K. Paul says their skills are even, it's just that "they made LeBron too good.""

:lol
I think he's talking about Lebron's shooting in the game.

anyways, why did 2k upgrade bynum? he seems to be the only player i noticed receiving any kind of upgrade. they should have downgraded ricky davis's stupid ass.

Matrix

I'm going to play my week 5 game with Shawn as soon as he gets back to his 360.

How do I advance the league back to week 7 when we are done? im a noob admin

Matrix

Shawn are you alive? I set the week back and have sent you like 5 messages :lol You vanished on me.

Sorry Matrix I fell asleep while waiting for you in the lobby. My woman dragged me to my bed and shut the machine off. Its been a hell of a week and it body just crashed on me.

We'll get it in this weekend.

Smokey

Wow all games for this week are already played so I'm advancing the league to week 8:

Deadline for week 8 is Tuesday 3/4

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
K I'm making a tournament.

Tournament name: neogaf
Password: cheese

8 team tournament
West coast teams only.
Best of 3 format

Lakers - Pheeniks
Suns - Truelize
Nuggets - Shawn
Rockets - Smokey
Hornets - Akaballa
Blazers - DCX
Jazz - Matrix
Mavs or Spurs - ChrisJames

I would like it if we only used teams from the top 10 current in the west. Do our best to run a playoff tree. After this tournament is done we'll run a east coast one too then a Finals series between the two winners.

Sound cool?

Smokey

Truelize said:
K I'm making a tournament.

Tournament name: neogaf
Password: cheese

8 team tournament
West coast teams only.
Best of 3 format

Lakers - Pheeniks
Suns - Truelize

I would like it if we only used teams from the top 10 current in the west. Do our best to run a playoff tree. After this tournament is done we'll run a east coast one too then a Finals series between the two winners.

Sound cool?

I finally get to use my primary team: The Rockets.

i just signed up

DCX

DCX
I'll sign up in a few, i'm in with the Hornets. CB! When can we roll, i'm for anytime tonight.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
2 more spots in the tourney gentlemen.

The Jazz, Mavs and Spurs are still sitting there waiting for a loving owner.

These are a bit quicker games too. Just 6 minutes.

Matrix

Shawnwhann said:

Sorry Matrix I fell asleep while waiting for you in the lobby. My woman dragged me to my bed and shut the machine off. Its been a hell of a week and it body just crashed on me.

We'll get it in this weekend.

Like a douche I waited for 1 hour :lol Atleast I had Truelize to talk to on live.It took me a good 15 mins anyway to figure out how to do admin stuff,I'll use the excuse that was 3 am and thats why it was confusing me.

It's cool though,Ive done that myself.Let me know when you have some free time late at night to get this game in,I dont want it to mess with the current week 8 games coming up.

Signed in as the Jazz for the tourney.

Matrix

Pheeniks,when do you want to play our week 8 game?

Matrix

Pheeniks,can you play in like 15 mins?

Matrix

GG pheeniks.

Not having Yao hurt me that game and the fact I couldnt hit a damn wide open shot for shit.

I also would like to say that over and back animation is garbage,I was up 75-74 and Bobby Jackson was almost pushed backcourt so I had to call a timeout and break my flow.Not your fault at all,just the stupid games fault.

My guys were toooooo slow to rotate on all your passing around and you were hitting your open shots all game.

Also fuck the refs,one trip to the line for me :lol

Matrix said:
GG pheeniks.

Not having Yao hurt me that game and the fact I couldnt hit a damn wide open shot for shit.

I also would like to say that over and back animation is garbage,I was up 75-74 and Bobby Jackson was almost pushed backcourt so I had to call a timeout and break my flow.Not your fault at all,just the stupid games fault.

yeah i think i'm going to stop pressing in that area. i hate that dumb animation

jax=tmac that game

Matrix

Tmac is just like real life,for every amazing game I have with him,he shoots like shit for the next three.

He was awful.

Matrix

Yea let me set the league back.

See ya in the lobby in 5 mins.

Matrix

Ok league is set back,im in the lobby.

STAY AWAKE! :p

Matrix

GG Man....I WAS F-ING AWFUL AT THE FT LINE!

I cant recall the last time I was that off at the line.

I wonder if I would have won this game if I had played Yao,no one was getting it done for me inside this game.

whooo two game losing streak.

Yeah I was wondering where Yao was...but I sure was happy to see old man Mutombo in there!! The sad this is that I only won by 5 and you didn't even play your best player.... I'll take it though! :D

AirBrian

gg, CJ. That game was crazy -- we both could not miss for most of the game. You were 35/63 and I was 35/65. Assists, boards, and steals were all about the same too. I got a little worried in the second when you started pulling away (up by 9 I think). But you went on a dry streak and I hit a couple of shots with Gordon to get back in it. The rest of the way I don't think either of us had a lead bigger than 4 or 5. Every time I would hit a good shot, you'd answer right back...and vice-versa. When you got that steal with something like 2 minutes left and then the And-1 with Melo, I about lost it. :lol

And I'm glad we both had a WTF moment. Mine was when Hinrich decided to flirt with the dancers instead of going on D and you had a WIDE open three. Then I forget who it was, but maybe 2 or 3 plays after that you tried to win a million dollars by hitting a half-court shot.

Yeah, that was an awesome game. On that half-court shot play I was trying to throw it up court to Melo, but I accidentally hit X before pressing RB to pull up the pass icons :(

Gordon and Hinrich were unconscious for you and I can't believe I only managed to get 2 points with Iverson.

I'm on a 3 game losing streak now...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Just a quick tournament update. Everyone is in but when I look on the site I don't have any teams in any spots in the bracket. As soon as I figure out what I'm doing I'll let people know.

Smokey - I'm around today if you can play.

Man this league is freakin competitive. There are no rest games at all. I'm stressed. :)

DCX

DCX
There really isn't any rest games. There are a few great players and the rest are really, really good! I like it, but man it does add to the stress i already get from playing sports games against you guys! lol Can't wait to get this tourney started and Cold! Hit me up when you can play.

DCX

Smokey

Truelize said:
Just a quick tournament update. Everyone is in but when I look on the site I don't have any teams in any spots in the bracket. As soon as I figure out what I'm doing I'll let people know.

Smokey - I'm around today if you can play.

Man this league is freakin competitive. There are no rest games at all. I'm stressed. :)

Can you play tonight??

Just got home tonight so sorry I got your message late, just let me know if you can.

Matrix

Ummm I do I really have to log online to see who I play in the tourney :\

Stupid website has no brackets up.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
Ummm I do I really have to log online to see who I play in the tourney :\

Stupid website has no brackets up.

Yeah I don't have a clue if it's just not working or if there is some magic that we all have to do to set a tournament bracket. Maybe I screwed it up cause I set it for 8 players but made 10 teams eligible so people could choose.
Give it a day, if it doesn't work it self out I'll just make another tourney.

Top Bottom