• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Season 4 Interest Thread: Screw RROD we wont fail

AirBrian

gg, Quinton. You had a nice run in the 4th -- you were hitting everything and I couldn't hit crap! That first half was crazy though...it felt like we were just going up and down the court one fast break after another. And holy crap Williams is studly. No matter what kind of pressure I'd put on him, he'd still hit the 3. And any time I'd hit a 3, you would march right down the court and answer with Williams. :lol I think you did that 3 times.

EDIT: And I have no idea what I did to make our game connect. That was weird. It was taking forever for the loading screen to come up again, so I had a feeling we'd have some problems. Freakin' 2K. :mad:

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
True,when can you play?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ah had my first disconnect during a game. Why does it wait till 4 minutes left in the game?????

Chris and I were having such an awesome game too.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Truelize said:
Ah had my first disconnect during a game. Why does it wait till 4 minutes left in the game?????

Chris and I were having such an awesome game too.

you think thats bad? try 1.5 seconds left...

fuck 2k

CB3 said:

Yeah, honestly.

I love this game, but the online part is borked. Their servers are down for hours at a time once a week it seems and all these random drops are BS. That's not to mention that they desperately need to put out a roster update ASAP, considering how much the landscape of the NBA has changed over the past few weeks.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
Yeah, honestly.

I love this game, but the online part is borked. Their servers are down for hours at a time once a week it seems and all these random drops are BS. That's not to mention that they desperately need to put out a roster update ASAP, considering how much the landscape of the NBA has changed over the past few weeks.

:(

Yep. I really don't remember it being this bad for 2K7.

AirBrian

ChrisJames said:
Yeah, honestly.

It was definitely not this bad for 2K7.

I figured they'd wait to do a roster updated until after the trade deadline, so I've been cutting them some slack. But it's been a week now...c'mon, 2K!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ok. I'll set up a tournament tomorrow. How many people want in??

Me
Smokey
DCX
Chris

Anyone else? No deadline for games, just play at your pace. It's just another excuse/chance to play. The only rule I'm gonna make is we all have to be either eastern or western conference teams. If it works we could do a playoff. We get through each conference and then the winners of each play for the championship. :)

CB3

Truelize said:

Me
Smokey
DCX
Chris
CB3

Anyone else? No deadline for games, just play at your pace. It's just another excuse/chance to play. The only rule I'm gonna make is we all have to be either eastern or western conference teams. If it works we could do a playoff. We get through each conference and then the winners of each play for the championship. :)

Smokey

Truelize said:

Me
Smokey
DCX
Chris

Cool with me.

New Orleans @ Golden State
Houston @ Detroit

Deadline for game 6 is tonite hopefully you guys can get your game in.

DCX

DCX
Pheeniks, can you play after American Idol? It's the latest i can stay up tonight without killing myself tomorrow.

DCX

True, I'll be around tonight to get our game in. I should be able to just about any time after 9 EST. Same goes for you Pheeniks - after the league is advanced tonight.

And you actually watch American Idol, DCX? My fiance and I grew tired of that a couple years ago :lol

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
True, I'll be around tonight to get our game in. I should be able to just about any time after 9 EST. Same goes for you Pheeniks - after the league is advanced tonight.

And you actually watch American Idol, DCX? My fiance and I grew tired of that a couple years ago :lol
Well this is our first year, so yeah it's pretty cool for us :p

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG True.

My whole god damn lineup was jacked cause of that tony allen/mike james trade.I didnt have landry and a couple other bench players.ROCKETS CAN WIN WITHOUT YAO! Deke/Hayes center combo did well.

I'm not sure why that was the least fun game you have had? :\ Care to explain.

Also why did you go backcourt twice for no reason? I gave you the ball back the first time cause I thought you did that by mistake.

You kept checking the game stats,what was that all about?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wow I just had the worst two games I have ever had with this game. Ridiculous.

First off I don't know what was going on but the button lag I had today was stupid. I could barely get through menus it was so bad. In both games it took me till the 3rd quarter to adjust to the gameplay.

But even with lag I should have been able to be more competitive.

Matrix played without Yao Ming against me (total slap in the face and it bugged me all game man :p) and I still got outrebounded. He played Skola almost the entire second half and Mutumbo played a ton. Both players had the gatorade cup under them the entire fourth quarter and they were hitting jumpers and grabbing almost every rebound. Mutumbo hit a 15 jumper in transition. Whatever. But having my 90+ energy guys getting outrebounded by the gatorade crew was stupid.

That was really the most annoying thing about the game tonight. The other thing that bugs me at times about this game is when I can tell what camera my opponents are using. It seems the default sideline camera gives people a better view at how to use the baseline to get easy buckets.
Let me clear that up a bit. When I see a pg get the ball on the left side of the court (I use the 2k camera), dribble around the three point line and then dribble baseline from the right corner I can tell that they are using the default camera. And whenever that happens it pulls way too much defense out of position. Bit of a game flaw.

I don't know if I just played horrible tonight, if I shouldn't have played a second game right after having a frustratingly lagging game against ChrisJames (I watched Iverson go through one of my defenders - I've never seen that before - so it's not clipping - must have been some lag) or if I'm just too tired to be playing. But what a bad experience.

My first two game losing streak with this game. It SUCKS. :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
GG True.

My whole god damn lineup was jacked cause of that tony allen/mike james trade.I didnt have landry and a couple other bench players.ROCKETS CAN WIN WITHOUT YAO! Deke/Hayes center combo did well.

I'm not sure why that was the least fun game you have had? :\ Care to explain.

Also why did you go backcourt twice for no reason? I gave you the ball back the first time cause I thought you did that by mistake.

You kept checking the game stats,what was that all about?

I kept checking stats because the FG% was so lopsided for so long. And because it was like a deja-vu from my game with ChrisJames. I'm 90% sure we even had the same scores at the end of the 1st and 2nd quarters.

This was the most frustrating night I've had with this game man. And watching your freakin garbage players that had zero energy score on me at will when I have an incredible defensive squad was pissing me off. Going over and back was the only thing I could do to stop me from throwing my controller. If this wasn't a GAF game I would have turned the system off and cried in the corner.

I'm actually mad about this tonight. Not mad at you or Chris just pissed off that the games were so bad.

Matrix

Sorry about any lag,I honestly didnt have any for once *shrug* Maybe thats why I was able to hit shots with scrubs :lol

As for not playing Yao,you might have thought it was a slap in the face,but I wont be using him again against anyone so you shouldnt feel like I was trying to insult you.I'm going to use the players on the team that are healthy and actually playing in real life.

Never heard of that 2k camera flaw,but ive been using the default camera every year and dont plan on changing camera's.I'm not a fan of the angle you use and would not win using it.

edit- gotcha,no problem.My bench never plays that well,usually its only brooks.I HAVE YOUR NUMBER :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
Sorry about any lag,I honestly didnt have any for once *shrug* Maybe thats why I was able to hit shots with scrubs :lol

As for not playing Yao,you might have thought it was a slap in the face,but I wont be using him again against anyone so you shouldnt feel like I was trying to insult you.I'm going to use the players on the team that are healthy and actually playing in real life.

Never heard of that 2k camera flaw,but ive been using the default camera every year and dont plan on changing camera's.I'm not a fan of the angle you use and would not win using it.

edit- gotcha,no problem.

The only thing that's a flaw about the camera is that you can see the baseline better than I can and therefore when it looks like I'm lined up with you on my screen, you can see that I'm still outta position.

Yeah I can't figure out the lag thing at all. I never get lag. It must have just been brain lag man. I am pretty tired. And I was in such a bad mood after losing to Chris cause I was winning with 4 minutes left when our game disconnected a couple of nights ago. So to play him again and get destroyed ruined my brain.

That's cool if you don't use Yao, but there is no way that your team should be able to shoot like that man. Your bench was like an allstar team tonight. Prince is probably the best defender in the game at the SF spot and you abused him.

I just had some bad games that's all.

edit- gotcha,no problem.My bench never plays that well,usually its only brooks.I HAVE YOUR NUMBER :p

See and you've never had my number in 2k. Never. And that pissed me off even more. It was the least sim like game I have played in a GAF league and you raped with me threes from scrubs and beat me up on the boards with the gatorade twins.

We shall see how it all goes down next time my friend. :)

Matrix

Just like real life,the Rockets bench is INSANE :D

I'm sure this was just a fluke thing with my bench tonight and your D was just off.I do admit I made some crazy shots tonight,including the Deke jumper.....wtf

Maybe my madden raping has carried over to 2k! :p And im much better in this version of 2k than any other version.I believe that was the first time we played against eachother in 2k8.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Scola shot 8 for 13 with a gatorade symbol under him for more than a quarter.

Ridiculous. You hit ridiculous shots and I missed layups. Point blank layups with a 7 footer. Not my night man. lol.

Matrix

Scola is a God.

Scola doesnt need to rest.

Smokey

New Orleans and Golden State is this one going to get played tonight?

I'll advance the league as in a hour or as soon as I get a confirmation.

True, I didn't experience any lag either (just like Matrix) and I do use the 2k camera view - I can't stand the default. Anyways, at least you were able to make our game competitive; you had me scared when you cut it to single digits in the 4th.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ChrisJames said:
True, I didn't experience any lag either (just like Matrix) and I do use the 2k camera view - I can't stand the default. Anyways, at least you were able to make our game competitive; you had me scared when you cut it to single digits in the 4th.

I did the same thing to Matrix. lol. Cut it to 9 and then he went on a 10-0 run.

I feel better about everything today. :) You guys both cheat. That must have been it. :)

CB3

Smokey Bones said:
CB Triple when can you play?!

tonight. Actually it will probably have to be tonight. im busy all weekend and ill be at my sisters house all next week taking care of her pets while shee is on her honeymoon. im taking my 360 but im not sure if ill be able to use live

Smokey

CB3 said:
tonight. Actually it will probably have to be tonight. im busy all weekend and ill be at my sisters house all next week taking care of her pets while shee is on her honeymoon. im taking my 360 but im not sure if ill be able to use live

Ok we can play tonight. I don't get off work until 930p central so we'll have to play at like 10pm central if that's ok.

Matrix

DCX I sent you a trade offer.

PLEASE ACCEPT! I'm trying to get the real Rockets team.

Matrix

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
DCX I sent you a trade offer.

PLEASE ACCEPT! I'm trying to get the real Rockets team.
If we do this, i need to get back a PG. I can't give away my main guy on the bench. I'll counter offer.

DCX

GCQuinton

Matrix said:
GG Quinton

GG Matrix. And sorry about that long pause at halftime, one of my contacts fell out in the middle of the second quarter and I had to fix that. If you were wondering why Boozer was attempting a three, that's it :lol

And damn, I need to get some more practice time in with this team because I'm just not clicking right now.

Matrix

DCX said:
If we do this, i need to get back a PG. I can't give away my main guy on the bench. I'll counter offer.

DCX

K....

want Francis!?

That pause didnt bother me,that 3 almost 4 point play did :lol I was like wtf Boozer can hit 3's

Matrix

DCX,trade has been approved.

Thanks.

Matrix

Shit no one has the Wolves,no Green for me :(

CB3

Smokey Bones said:
Ok we can play tonight. I don't get off work until 930p central so we'll have to play at like 10pm central if that's ok.

ok post here when your ready

Matrix

Doh I still have to play the Lakers....Shawn,when you can play our make up game? I think it was the week 5 game.

I'll have to use Yao cause he wasnt injured then ;P

Top Bottom